PDA

View Full Version : Wrestling Recruits

DIBISON
11-12-2005, 06:38 AM
Four time ND state champ Scott Gassler of Bismarck has committed to the Minnesota Gophers. He was recruited by about 30 programs. The only other school he visited was NDSU. He's the second recruit we have "lost" to the Gophers, as another from Detroit Lakes, MN committed earlier this week!

BisBison
11-13-2005, 11:09 PM
Has anyone heard about the new wrestling conference we're supposed to be joining/forming next year?

sambini
11-13-2005, 11:18 PM
Have you tried gobison.com under wrestling or email Bucky.

sambini
11-27-2005, 05:31 AM
Linebacker Mike Maresh I heard was going to wrestle this winter. He is a past Minnesota state champ. Bucky said he could have wrestled for anyone in the country.

BISON_PRIDE
12-11-2005, 09:49 PM
Yeah, It'll be fun to watch.

from GOBISON.COM

BISON ADD HEAVYWEIGHT TO ROSTER: Head Coach Bucky Maughan announced that Mike Maresh will be part of the wrestling program this year, wrestling at heavyweight.

Maresh (Champlin Park, Minn.) went 132-22 for Champin Park High School that included a state championship at 215 pounds in 2004.

Maresh was also the starting outside linebacker for NDSU’s football team this past season. He finished the 2005 season with the 45 tackles, two sacks and a forced fumble.

sambini
12-11-2005, 10:31 PM
He will help and we wrestle NC STATE AT H0ME FRIDAY.

Bisonguy
04-27-2006, 11:30 PM
North Dakota State Wrestling Team Signs Four to National Letters of Intent (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=271656)

FARGO, N.D.— North Dakota State head wrestling coach Bucky Maughan announced the signing of three high school student-athletes and one junior college transfer to National Letters of Intent and to continue their education and wrestle for the Bison.

Eric Hoffman, Vince Salminen, Brady Schneeberger and Trevor Larson have all signed with the Bison during the late signing period which began on Wednesday, April 12. This group joins Evan Hacker of Canby (Minn.) High School, who signed during November’s early signing period...............

Hoffman is supposedly the biggest coup for the Bison to date, according to Bucky on the WDAY 6:00 sports. He was recruited by Iowa, Iowa State, and Minnesota.

tony
04-28-2006, 07:10 AM
Story on Brady Schneeberger - sounds like a pretty good wrestler: Fergus Falls Daily (http://www.fergusfallsjournal.com/articles/2006/04/28/sports/sports06.txt)

tony
04-28-2006, 02:50 PM
Billings Gazette: Salminen to wrestle at NDSU (http://www.billingsgazette.net/articles/2006/04/28/sports/local/70-salminen.txt)

The more I read about these guys, the more impressed I am with this recruiting class.

bisonwin
04-28-2006, 07:32 PM
Eric Hoffman - 125 National Champ
Andy Hackenmueller - 125 5th twice in Minnesota
Derek Pesta - 125 State Champ and Runner Up Minnesota
Brady Scneeberger - 133/141 2X Runner Up and State Champ Minnesota
Trevor Larson - 157/165 2X State Placewinner and State RunnerUp Minnesota
Vince Salminen - 1572X State Champion Montana
Alan Lutterman - 197/HWT 4th place Minnesota
Evan Hacker - State Champ and 3rd in Minnesota HWT

Looks like a good recruiting class. I also heard a lightweight from Montana will be coming in two years but is going on a mission. Here is an article on him, he is also from Billings, MT the same town as Salminen. The article is http://www.billingsgazette.net/articles/2006/04/21/sports/local/75-glance.txt

scottheck
04-29-2006, 06:19 PM
Has anyone heard what Sander's brother is going to do?

bisonwin
04-30-2006, 04:23 PM
Erics younger brother Zach is only a Junior. He is currently the #1 ranked 112lb wrestler in the nation. Would be great if the Bison could land him next year.

sambini
05-04-2006, 06:02 PM
GREAT JOB ON RECRUITS BUCKY.++++++++++++++

roadwarrior
05-09-2006, 12:03 AM
2 more recruits:

Kenny Moenkedick and Andrey Patselov have signed with NDSU during the late signing period which began on April 12. With the signings of Patselov and Moenkedick, the Bison have now signed seven wrestlers to National Letters of Intent and three more student-athletes have agreed to continue their education and wrestle for NDSU as walk-ons.

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=275134

sambini
05-09-2006, 12:51 AM
Welcome to ndsu ++++++++++++

bisonwin
05-09-2006, 10:39 PM
Bucky and the boys added 2 time state champion and 1xrunnerup Casey Bucholz to their recruiting class. Casey will be a 149-157 pound wrestler and is from Oakes, ND.

sambini
05-11-2006, 01:56 AM
WELCOME CASEY AND GOOD LUCK++++++++++++++

mn-bison
05-11-2006, 05:04 PM
Anybody know how many scholarships wrestling is allowed?

How many recruits are under scholarships? They are able to give partial scholarships in D1 wrestling, aren't they?

What is bringing on the large amount of signings? Is this due to the mass exodus that occured last year?

MinotBison
05-12-2006, 11:03 PM
Anybody know how many scholarships wrestling is allowed? *

How many recruits are under scholarships? *They are able to give partial scholarships in D1 wrestling, aren't they?

What is bringing on the large amount of signings? *Is this due to the mass exodus that occured last year?

For those (myself included) who don't know, what mass exodus are you referring to, and who left? Thanks.

Bryan
05-13-2006, 03:18 AM
<Has anyone heard what Sander's brother is going to do? >

<Eric' younger brother Zach is only a Junior. He is currently the #1 ranked 112lb wrestler in the nation. Would be great if the Bison could land him next year. >

http://www.thewrestlingmall.com/htmls/news.asp?Cat=5&View=13102

Minneapolis, MN – The Wrestling Mall has confirmed that Zach Sanders of Wabasha-Kellogg High School has verbally committed to attend the University of Minnesota following his senior high school season.

Ron Sanders, Zach’s father and high school coach, phoned The Wrestling Mall Friday afternoon to inform them of Zach’s decision.

Zach Sanders is a 4X Minnesota State Champion and will be going for his 5th consecutive title during the 2006-07 season. He is a Cadet National Champion in both styles, a Junior National All-American in both styles and recently won the NHSCA Junior National Championships. He is currently ranked #1 in the nation at 112 lbs. by Amateur Wrestling News.

roadwarrior
05-13-2006, 05:44 AM
The so called "mass exodus" was talked about fully in a previous thread somewhere around here.

scottheck
05-13-2006, 10:39 PM
<Has anyone heard what Sander's brother is going to do? >

<Eric' younger brother Zach is only a Junior. *He is currently the #1 ranked 112lb wrestler in the nation. *Would be great if the Bison could land him next year. >

http://www.thewrestlingmall.com/htmls/news.asp?Cat=5&View=13102

Minneapolis, MN – The Wrestling Mall has confirmed that Zach Sanders of Wabasha-Kellogg High School has verbally committed to attend the University of Minnesota following his senior high school season.

Ron Sanders, Zach’s father and high school coach, phoned The Wrestling Mall Friday afternoon to inform them of Zach’s decision.

Zach Sanders is a 4X Minnesota State Champion and will be going for his 5th consecutive title during the 2006-07 season. He is a Cadet National Champion in both styles, a Junior National All-American in both styles and recently won the NHSCA Junior National Championships. He is currently ranked #1 in the nation at 112 lbs. by Amateur Wrestling News.

Damn, that's too bad. I was really hoping he'd join his brother. He gets a lot of publicity here in Rochester.

coachsparky
05-14-2006, 05:19 PM
North Dakota State Wrestling Team Signs Four to National Letters of Intent (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=271656)

FARGO, N.D.— North Dakota State head wrestling coach Bucky Maughan announced the signing of three high school student-athletes and one junior college transfer to National Letters of Intent and to continue their education and wrestle for the Bison.

Eric Hoffman, Vince Salminen, Brady Schneeberger and Trevor Larson have all signed with the Bison during the late signing period which began on Wednesday, April 12. This group joins Evan Hacker of Canby (Minn.) High School, who signed during November’s early signing period...............

Hoffman is supposedly the biggest coup for the Bison to date, according to Bucky on the WDAY 6:00 sports. He was recruited by Iowa, Iowa State, and Minnesota.

Hey, I am Eric's dad and I was his HS coach. Are there any posters that make it to meets who might be interested in taping the matches for my entertainment. I would gladly send blank tapes and enough money for postage to get them.

tony
05-15-2006, 08:55 AM
Since Eric is still a recruit at this point, I'm not sure what contact any of us are allowed to have with his relatives. Maybe once he's in school and whatnot, it would be OK to talk further about this.

However, just for general information, NDSU started this deal where you can watch meets over the web... very cool. I watched some last year.

I'm guessing the coaching staff must have tapes of matches too, but I've got no idea whether they make copies for parents.

coachsparky
05-15-2006, 12:24 PM
Since Eric is still a recruit at this point, I'm not sure what contact any of us are allowed to have with his relatives. Maybe once he's in school and whatnot, it would be OK to talk further about this.

However, just for general information, NDSU started this deal where you can watch meets over the web... very cool. I watched some last year.

I'm guessing the coaching staff must have tapes of matches too, but I've got no idea whether they make copies for parents.Technically I don't know if he is still considered a recruit since he signed his LOI. Anybody contacting him from another school would be in violation big time but beyond that I do not know. Hey if they are on the web what more could I need. I will attempt to watch all of them. Thanks for the info.

bisonwin
06-14-2006, 12:05 AM
The NDSU recruiting class was recognized as being one of the better recruiting classes in Division I. They received honorable mention honors for their list of recruits. Will be nice to see what type of teams NDSU will have in 3-4 years when these wrestlers get some collegiate experience. The Gophers were listed in the top five for the class they brought in.

MinotBison
06-14-2006, 01:31 AM
The NDSU recruiting class was recognized as being one of the better recruiting classes in Division I. *They received honorable mention honors for their list of recruits. *Will be nice to see what type of teams NDSU will have in 3-4 years when these wrestlers get some collegiate experience. *The Gophers were listed in the top five for the class they brought in.

Is there a link to where we can find some detailed info about those recruiting classes? Thanks.

sambini
06-14-2006, 04:15 AM
BUCKY IS VERY HAPPY WITH THIS CLASS+++++++++++++++

kchats
06-14-2006, 04:20 AM
All you have to do is check GoBison.com they usually have the scoop on everything. :D

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11989&SPID=701&DB_OEM_ID=24 00&ATCLID=293996

sambini
06-14-2006, 04:31 AM
BUCKY WAS TALKING ABOUT THE IOWA JC KID HE GOT. HE SAYS HE IS THE REAL DEAL.

Bisonguy
06-14-2006, 04:38 AM
BUCKY WAS TALKING ABOUT THE IOWA JC KID HE GOT. HE SAYS HE IS THE REAL DEAL.

Maybe he'll be the first NCAA DI champion for the Bison!!

sambini
06-14-2006, 04:46 AM
HE WAS A NATIONAL JC CHAMP.

TheDoctor
11-03-2006, 03:33 AM
Linebacker Mike Maresh I heard was going to wrestle this winter. He is a past Minnesota state champ. Bucky said he could have wrestled for anyone in the country.

Mike said today to me that he has three games left in a playoff run to concentrate on right now. He has NOT decided yet what he will do with wrestling. The other wrestlers say they NEED him. The new heavy weight will not be ready.

sambini
11-03-2006, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the inside scoop B1son+++