PDA

View Full Version : Wrestling News:

lakesbison
12-12-2006, 04:10 PM
Any updates? I was watching Gabe Dretsch on FSN last night dominate his opponent, *gabe is from Frazee* and then I see Tyler S from Park Rapids lose.

Made me ask outloud, How is Adam Aho, Quitschibber doing this year from Frazee??

Plus, Kenny Moeninick from Perham is going to NDSU , State Champ last year, just an amazing wrestler.

thanks

bisonwin
12-12-2006, 06:34 PM
Adam will be starting at 157 on Friday night for the bison against SDSU. Hopefully Adam can stay healthy as he has had some problems since starting at SU. Kenny is doing great this year but he will be redshirting, look for an immediate impact out of him for the Bison next year. Quittschreiber is at 165 but will not be starting, but hopefully can crack the lineup in the future. The Bison's young guys who are redshirting are very good and hopefully they can get another good class of freshman to come in next year.

lakesbison
12-12-2006, 07:40 PM
thanks.. keep us posted.

watching OSU vs Minnesota last night got me excited about college wrestling again.

keep us updated.

Bucky said last week, Maresh should be back after breaktime.

bisonwin
12-12-2006, 08:20 PM
Hopefully, Mike comes back and decides to wrestle this year. He possibly could all-american at HWT or atleast qualify for the national tournament. I hope the Bison can beat everyone in the Conference thise year like the did last year besides Northern Iowa. It willl be quite sometime before they can compete with Northern Iowa who has won around the last 20-25 conference titles.

bisonwin
12-13-2006, 04:00 PM
NDSU against SDSU on Friday night at 7:30. Hope to see some students stick around and support the wrestlers. Most students will probably go home after their last final, but lets hope not. Could be a very close dual as the Bison have Adams out at 149, Molitor out at 165 and don't know im Maresh will be wrestling HWT.

Rabbitlivinginverm
12-13-2006, 07:46 PM
NDSU against SDSU on Friday night at 7:30. *Hope to see some students stick around and support the wrestlers. *Most students will probably go home after their last final, but lets hope not. *Could be a very close dual as the Bison have Adams out at 149, Molitor out at 165 and don't know im Maresh will be wrestling HWT.

SDSU has a lot of injuries right now. I believe we'll have a bunch of RS freshman wrestling Friday night. I suspect NDSU will take this dual quite easily.

mikelsch
12-13-2006, 08:05 PM
NDSU against SDSU on Friday night at 7:30. *Hope to see some students stick around and support the wrestlers. *Most students will probably go home after their last final, but lets hope not. *Could be a very close dual as the Bison have Adams out at 149, Molitor out at 165 and don't know im Maresh will be wrestling HWT.

SDSU has a lot of injuries right now. *I believe we'll have a bunch of RS freshman wrestling Friday night. *I suspect NDSU will take this dual quite easily.

Just like usual ;)

Rabbitlivinginverm
12-13-2006, 08:47 PM

SDSU has a lot of injuries right now. *I believe we'll have a bunch of RS freshman wrestling Friday night. *I suspect NDSU will take this dual quite easily.

Just like usual * ;)

Ha! The Argus (Terry V.) reports that we haven't one dual against NDSU since 96-97. We're due...

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061212/SPORTS0202/612120332/1002/SPORTS

sambini
12-14-2006, 03:55 AM
Not on my watch BISON AND BUCKY ROLL.....

bisonwin
12-14-2006, 07:57 PM
Bison will probably get pushed at 133, 157, 165 and 184. If the Bison pull of those weight classes this could possibly be a clean sweep, if not it will be a very interesting dual.

tony
12-16-2006, 01:33 AM
NDSU 30, SDSU 15

I just got up for a drink and caught the last two matches on gobison.com All Access - both Bison wins so it must have been pretty close.

Bison7925
12-16-2006, 03:28 AM
Three forfeits by the rabbits = 18 points for the Bison.

It's really dissapointing going to a match & 30% doesn't even happen >:( >:(

Maybe the Jacks field a full team next time.

Trimmy
12-16-2006, 05:06 PM
Yeah, WTF? I wonder why so many forfeits? I haven't read the paper yet, maybe it will explain. I took my 3 year old there, so mostly we were just running up and down bleachers all match, but of the matches that occured, it was pretty even.

kchats
12-16-2006, 06:04 PM
An article on the match from In-Forum.

http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/149645

I like this quote from Bucky.

“South Dakota State forfeited the places that we had sure wins at so that took some of the thunder away,” NDSU coach Bucky Maughan said. “We could have left him (Mooney) at 141 and we would have had a sure win, but we thought we would make him wrestle.”

“We will be much better after Christmas, and I assume they will, too,” Maughan said. “I don’t see it changing. We’re going to beat them, but we should have beat them a couple other places tonight.”

sambini
12-19-2006, 01:13 AM
Thats Bucky he calls it like he sees it.

Bryan
01-04-2007, 03:53 AM
Any updates? I was watching Gabe Dretsch on FSN last night dominate his opponent, *gabe is from Frazee* and then I see Tyler S from Park Rapids lose.

The second-ranked Golden Gopher wrestling team cruised to a 44-3 win over Arizona State to improve to 7-1 on the season. Sophomore Tyler Safratowich pulled off a huge upset with a 4-3 decision over No. 2 Brian Stith in the 157-pound bout as the Gophers won nine of 10 matches on the night, including two by forfeit.

With the match tied at three, Safratowich rode Stith the entire third period to score the bonus point and come away with the 4-3 decision. The victory had all of the 2,131 in attendance on their feet, while Stith humbly walked off the mat with his head down in complete disappointment.

Safratowich, who has now faced the top-two ranked wrestlers in the country in Minnesota’s last two duals, showed no effects of being intimidated from the opening whistle.

lakesbison
01-04-2007, 04:03 AM
THanks for the updates.

nice to see Tyler succeed!!

Gabe is on FIRE....

Frazee kids doing well there and at NDSU!!

p.s Perham destroyed the competition at the Rumble at the Red.

I WISH THAT WAS AT NDSU/FARGODOME!!!! and make it bigger!!