PDA

View Full Version : Mike Meresh

TheDoctor
01-11-2007, 05:45 PM
I asked Mike in class today if he was coming back after the team got back from the Virginia Duals. Mike said he talked it over and he just didn't have it in him this year. He said that even if he is in wrestling he still does the same things as all the other football players. Therefore, last year during wrestling he was essentially workingout four times a day. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. :-[

imabison
01-11-2007, 07:13 PM
I asked Mike in class today if he was coming back after the team got back from the Virginia Duals. *Mike said he talked it over and he just didn't have it in him this year. *He said that even if he is in wrestling he still does the same things as all the other football players. *Therefore, last year during wrestling he was essentially workingout four times a day. *Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. *:-[ *

This was in the forum yesterday. It is to bad, but the athlete needs some free time to recuperate.

2006gwfcchamps
01-11-2007, 09:10 PM
He really did the wrestling team a favor last season. He more than deserves to have the off season "off". He still has to workout with the team, of course. That's probably no easy workout.

Mr._Bill
01-13-2007, 09:49 AM
The hoops an athlete has to jump through to play two sports in college is incredible, but moving between weights to wrestle and play football is 10x.

Mike's decision to focus on football and not put himself through this two sport grind is certainly understandable and probably the right decision for bison football. I am thankful for the impact he made on the wresting team in 2006 and fully support this 2007 decision. The most important thing is that he is healthy and wearing 17 on the gridiron next fall.

sambini
01-13-2007, 02:26 PM
The hoops an athlete has to jump through to play two sports in college is incredible, but moving between weights to wrestle and play football is 10x.

Mike's decision to focus on football and not put himself through this two sport grind is certainly understandable and probably the right decision for bison football. *I am thankful for the impact he made on the wresting team in 2006 and fully support this 2007 decision. *The most important thing is that he is healthy and wearing 17 on the gridiron next fall.
I remember when Perry Kozlowski did it in the 70s also Don Meyer. Thanks to Mike for what he did and good luck to him in football. Well said ON BISON+++

kchats
01-13-2007, 03:19 PM
More important for him to rest his body and prepare for football than to be on the wrestling team. Wrestling and football are two very physical sports that take a toll on the body. We need to have Maresh healthy and primed for another good football season next year. This allows another young wrestler to grow in his roll with the wrestling team.

mebison
01-30-2007, 04:50 PM
Not to mention he might have to go to classes and study once in a while too...probably a good decision from that front as well.