PDA

View Full Version : Wahpeton's Justin Solberg

Bison06
02-17-2007, 03:42 PM
Justin is exactly the type of wrestler we need up at NDSU, hopefully we can convince him to stick around close to home. I have a feeling he is going to be able to go wherever he wants though.

Solberg shoots

for third state title

Wahpeton junior Justin Solberg is in position to win his third individual state championship.

Solberg pinned West Fargo sophomore Austin Cassezza in the semifinals at 119 pounds to make the finals. Solberg won a state title at 112 pounds last season.

He was a state champion at 103 pounds as an eighth-grader. Solberg will be wrestling in the finals for a fourth consecutive state tournament.

“I love it,” said Solberg, who hasn’t lost since the final match of his freshman season. “I love being in the finals. It just makes everything worthwhile, all that hard work and dedication.”

Huskies junior Jordan Fleck joined Solberg in the title round. Fleck scored a 5-3 decision against Bismarck Century sophomore Derek Lee in the 140 semifinals.

Bison06
02-17-2007, 09:52 PM
No comments? Has anyone seen him wrestle? Agree/Disagree? I know somebody must have an opinion about this. :-/

sambini
02-17-2007, 10:23 PM
How has he done in the USA NATIONALS?

Bison06
02-17-2007, 11:14 PM
I honestly couldn't tell you if he has even wrestled in USA nationals, but I see that he pinned his way all the way through to another state championship this year. Let me look around a little to see if I can find out how he has done.

Bison06
02-17-2007, 11:33 PM
I looked around on the USA wresling site and couldn't find much on him. He is a very impressive wrestler and should definitely be pursued by NDSU.

sambini
02-18-2007, 02:49 AM
B1SON ask Bret about him?

TheDoctor
02-18-2007, 11:06 PM
B1SON ask Bret about him?

Will do! I'll let you know! ;)

BraxtonT
02-19-2007, 12:22 AM
No comments? *Has anyone seen him wrestle? *Agree/Disagree? *I know somebody must have an opinion about this. :-/

Most of those who have ever watched him didn't get home from Fargo until today. *Not even me, an addicted Bisonville reader, had an opportunity to check out the board until a few hours ago. *

I was suffering from withdrawals, but it's all better now. * ;) ;D

Solberg is definitely a good one, but it's all relative. *Competing in D1 is a huge step up from North Dakota prep ranks. *If he is good enough, I'm sure Bucky and staff won't overlook him.

TheDoctor
02-19-2007, 01:36 AM
No comments? *Has anyone seen him wrestle? *Agree/Disagree? *I know somebody must have an opinion about this. :-/

Most of those who have ever watched him didn't get home from Fargo until today. *Not even me, an addicted Bisonville reader, had an opportunity to check out the board until a few hours ago. *

I was suffering from withdrawals, but it's all better now. * ;) ;D

Solberg is definitely a good one, but it's all relative. *Competing in D1 is a huge step up from North Dakota prep ranks. *If he is good enough, I'm sure Bucky and staff won't overlook him.

Glad to have you back! ;)

cfbfreak
02-20-2007, 02:49 AM
Justin will have no problem adapting to division I wrestling, he is a tireless worker who takes a back seat to no one in the hard work department. A three time state champion from Montana has 4 losses in his career and 3 of them are to Justin. He also defeated 2 state champions from South Dakota and another from Minnesota. He has really never competed at nationals but will definitely be taking part this year. The kid got done winning his third state championship and ran straight to the back so he could run sprints for 10 minutes. When asked why he did this he said my work is not done here I got a lot to improve on and a lot of work ahead of me if I want to be the best. Sounds like just the kind of kid the bison should be keeping around.

sambini
02-20-2007, 02:54 AM
What a kid. Igive him a +++++++++++

bisonwin
02-20-2007, 04:36 PM
They are already on him. They see a lot of him during the spring at freestyle and greco tournaments and practices. He looked very tough at the state tourney and should be a good replacement when Hoffman graduates.

Bison06
02-21-2007, 07:09 PM
I have absolutely no knowledge of what kind of talent it takes to wrestle at NDSU vs. some other big time schools, but is Mr. Solberg the kind of talent that could go to Minnesota or Iowa, or is NDSU the best he could do? I don't mean to put down NDSU's wrestling program, I am just saying they aren't the best of the best, YET.

TheDoctor
02-22-2007, 06:08 AM
What a kid. Igive him a +++++++++++

+++++++ ;)

TXBison_Fan
02-24-2007, 12:07 AM
Wasn't around ND wrestling this year cuz I moved to Plano. Saw him wrestle last year at state and the whole Wahpeton team was impressive. Solberg did stand out as one of the best thou. Hopefully Bucky can land em and hopefully the herd can get some wrestlers in the NCAA's.

annie21
02-24-2007, 07:12 PM
I would like to say this..Justin DID wrestle @ USA nationals....I know for a fact b/c he is my cousin.. also I have seen him wrestle and hes AWESOME!! ;)

sambini
02-25-2007, 03:58 AM
Good luck to Justin in the future. Hopes its in the yellow and green.

TheDoctor
03-02-2007, 07:03 AM
Good luck to Justin in the future. Hopes its in the yellow and green.

+++++++++++++++++ ;)

bisoncraze
08-17-2007, 03:58 PM
Justin was an all-american at Junior Nationals in Greco Roman wrestling but did not fare to well in the freestyle portion going 1-2. I think folkstyle is more Justins style of wrestling. The paper did not mention him being interested in NDSU but through talking to the coaches it sounds like they are having a home visit with him and campus visit. Heard through some of the wrestlers that Kris Nelson has a good relationship with him and that he thinks they have a shot at signing him early. The paper mentioned that he is looking at Oregon State and Old Dominion. This would be a huge signee if the Bison can pull it off.

buffalobilljr
09-07-2007, 11:14 PM
Justin was an all-american at Junior Nationals in Greco Roman wrestling but did not fare to well in the freestyle portion going 1-2. I think folkstyle is more Justins style of wrestling. The paper did not mention him being interested in NDSU but through talking to the coaches it sounds like they are having a home visit with him and campus visit. Heard through some of the wrestlers that Kris Nelson has a good relationship with him and that he thinks they have a shot at signing him early. The paper mentioned that he is looking at Oregon State and Old Dominion. This would be a huge signee if the Bison can pull it off.
A definite big time prospect!!!!!!!!!!

sambini
09-09-2007, 05:54 AM
A definite big time prospect!!!!!!!!!!

He has some time....

buffalobilljr
09-09-2007, 12:29 PM
He has some time....
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

bisoncraze
09-10-2007, 02:39 PM
Justin had his official visit to NDSU this past weekend and was at the football game with Kirk Anderson. By the sounds of it he has narrowed his choices down to NDSU and Cornell.