PDA

View Full Version : NDSU RECRUITS

bisonwin
03-29-2007, 09:44 PM
Heard from some of the wrestlers that Bucky is out at senior nationals in Virginia. Some of the guys wrestling in the tournament are Tyler Hemmesch who has already verballed, Trent Sovde(152 lb state champ mn), Luke Mellmer (2x state champ ND 145), Tyler Steinwand(Mr. Wrestler ND 130), and Junior phenom Justin Solberg out of Wahpeton. I think NDSU will have a good shot at landing some of these guys come signing day. They are also looking at Iowa high school kids and Iowa Central Community College kids through the Eric Hoffman connection. Last years recruiting class was great, hopefully they can do it again.

sambini
03-29-2007, 11:15 PM
Thanks for the insight Bisonwin+++

TheDoctor
03-30-2007, 12:18 AM
Thanks for the insight Bisonwin+++

++++++ ;)

Bison06
03-30-2007, 05:52 PM
I don't have a link, but some of my hometown friends(Wahpeton) tell me Solberg is in the championship tonight. How prestigous is this tournament?

sambini
03-31-2007, 03:52 AM
Reading the Tribune sports and they said the Gophers coaches were there also. So I WOULD SAY ITS BIG.

TxBisonFan
04-06-2007, 03:53 AM
Heard from my main man BJ that Soldberg got 2nd at junior nationals!! Does anyone know how common that is?? I think this guy is too big time for us unfortunately but I'm pissed I had to move and couldn't see this kid wrestle at state. Sanders' brother also looks headed for gold country.

sambini
04-06-2007, 04:09 AM
Sanders brother is headed to the Gophers.

bisonwin
04-06-2007, 03:52 PM
Solberg is not too big time for the Bison. NDSU has signed guys who have won the senior nationals before. Tyler Hemmesch who gave them a verbal and is signing this next week won the Junior Division last year in Pennsylvania. I think they have a great shot at Solberg as they already have a good relationship with him. He travels up to Fargo to practice with a local freestyle club so Kris and Bret see a lot of him in the spring.
Yesterday the Bison had in Shannon Fettig a 2X state champ out of Napoleon, Justin Berns a runnerup at 145 out of Perham and a two time state champ out of Oregon named Troy Kessel. Kessel is a 189 pounder and was runnerup last year at Junior Nationals.

TxBisonFan
04-06-2007, 04:10 PM
Thanks for the knowledge. It's always nice to talk to somebody who knows about wrestling. Pumped about the Bison landing Fettig. Heck of a wrestler from a heck of a program with Barry. The Bison landed Kostinein (from Rolla can't spell it) and Levi Haugen 4 time state champs and they never even wrestled because of various things out of Bucky's control. Hopefully Bucky can build this thing to something good.