PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for staying at NDSU Coach Cuadrado!!

Bisonguy
04-15-2006, 01:55 PM
From The Forum: NDSU coach Cuadrado says no to Ball State (http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=123674&section=Sports)

North Dakota State soccer scored one victory in the coaching game on Friday. Head coach Pete Cuadrado said thanks, but no thanks to Ball State (Ind.).
Cuadrado’s staying was welcome news to the athletic department. Ball State, the same school that will host the Bison in football next fall, contacted him after head coach Ron Rainey was hired by the University of Iowa. Cuadrado said the school asked Rainey to put together a list of three names.

“I told him I would look at it,” Cuadrado said.

He didn’t look very hard, even though Ball State was 15-3-2 and finished second in the Mid-American Conference last year. Cuadrado said the potential of the Bison in the next few years was enough for him to stay.

“We have a good thing going here,” he said. “I just want to see some things through. We have a great team coming back and a good coaching staff. I just feel like everything is in the right spots.”...................

Coach Cuadrado- Thanks for staying at NDSU and the great job you've done with the soccer program!

SDbison
04-15-2006, 06:42 PM
From The Forum: NDSU coach Cuadrado says no to Ball State (http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=123674&section=Sports)

North Dakota State soccer scored one victory in the coaching game on Friday. Head coach Pete Cuadrado said thanks, but no thanks to Ball State (Ind.).
Cuadrado’s staying was welcome news to the athletic department. Ball State, the same school that will host the Bison in football next fall, contacted him after head coach Ron Rainey was hired by the University of Iowa. Cuadrado said the school asked Rainey to put together a list of three names.

He didn’t look very hard, even though Ball State was 15-3-2 and finished second in the Mid-American Conference last year. Cuadrado said the potential of the Bison in the next few years was enough for him to stay.

“We have a good thing going here,” he said. “I just want to see some things through. We have a great team coming back and a good coaching staff. I just feel like everything is in the right spots.”...................

Coach Cuadrado- Thanks for staying at NDSU and the great job you've done with the soccer program!
Too bad coach Miles doesn't have the same attitude that coach Cuadrado displays. :-/

sambini
04-15-2006, 09:03 PM
THANKS TO STAYING +++++++++++++++++++

kchats
04-15-2006, 10:00 PM

Too bad coach Miles doesn't have the same attitude that coach Cuadrado displays. * :-/

Coach Miles hasn't left yet. Wait until he leaves before you rip on him. I think he will pull his name from consideration for the UNC-W job early next week.

SDbison
04-15-2006, 11:31 PM

Too bad coach Miles doesn't have the same attitude that coach Cuadrado displays. * :-/

Coach Miles hasn't left yet. *Wait until he leaves before you rip on him. *I think he will pull his name from consideration for the UNC-W job early next week.

I don't consider my comments a rip on Miles, just an observation. And since you brought it up, I think people will look at Miles differently regardless if he stays or leaves. Cuadrado seems to keep his personal interests in check since he did sign a contract with NDSU and he seems to want to honor a commitment to the young women he helped recruit. Miles appears to only think of NDSU as a stepping stone.

mikelsch
04-16-2006, 06:13 AM
Putting everything else aside - Ball State Soccer is no UNC-Wilmington Basketball

D_One_here_we_come
04-16-2006, 09:42 PM
I wouldn't put down Ball States Soccer Job too much

Previous Coach went to Iowa (UNC - Wilmington Coach went to Kent State)
15-3 record last season (UNCW 25-8) Ver Similar
2nd in the very competative (12 team) 1-A Mid American Conference(which is where the UNC Wilmington Coach Left for)

Ball St. doesn't have the soccer tradition yet because it is a newer program in the MAC, like UNCW does in the Colonial.

silkamilkamonico
04-19-2006, 02:04 AM
It baffles me to know that some NDSU fans don't see that NDSU, especially in a sport like bball, is almost insignificant in the world of D1, even with the win at Wisconsin.

NDSU still haven't 'dominated' a conference in D1.

NDSU doesn't even have a conference in D1 yet.

And just for the record, especially in bball, almost every coach we get in the next 20 years or so will only see NDSU as a stepping stone in D1, and nothing more.

D_One_here_we_come
04-24-2006, 02:47 PM
Ball State ended up hiring the Maryland Baltimore County Coach (I guess they are Division 1). It said she is the Under 15 Womens National Team Coach.