09-03-2006, 10:18 PM
Write up from GOBISON

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=591488

sambini
09-04-2006, 02:48 AM
Saw the hilights on FOX sports++++++++++

cabis
09-04-2006, 05:01 AM
Was surprized to read that we were 1-7-2 against Mankato going into the game. This was all from the Division 2 days with the last meeting in 2003. It just goes to show the difference in talent, both players and coaches, that we are able to recruit as a Division 1 school.
Sounds like a great effort overall. Good teams usually come through in the second half as the Bison did today.

tony
09-04-2006, 11:36 AM
They have the whole game on gobison.com's All Access deal. I wanted to see the "40-yard strike" that the press release mentioned - I had images of a dipping, curving laser shot... well, the goalie came out, tried to clear it to a defender, and Lorraine Thompson took it from the defender and chipped it over the goalies head (she was still a good 15 or 20 yards out from the goal). Ouch.

Martinez and Orlando - holy cow, they are athletes... I thought Orlando was going to get tripped, but she spun a bit got her balance, and went by the goalie like she wasn't there. That said, the game did look a little closer than I thought it would be... 3 goals in the last ten minutes.

If Thunder Radio announces for soccer, it would be fantastic if they could synch up their broadcast with the video feed - even if it's only for the archive copy.

Kind of fun watching soccer without the players falling to the ground every twenty seconds, weeping and doing soap opera death scenes. One nice thing about that is if you want to see a goal you can pretty much guess where it's going to be in the broadcast.