PDA

View Full Version : Drake Ranked #15 in Great Lakes

D_One_here_we_come
09-12-2006, 03:44 PM
http://www.soccerbuzz.com/2006rankings/rankings091106.htm

Home game vs. #15 Drake Regionally Ranked

Has to be best team to come to Fargo. Ever??

Hope our women are ready!

sambini
09-13-2006, 01:35 AM
GOOD LUCK LADIES+++++++++++++

cabis
09-15-2006, 05:52 AM
We beat Drake last year 1-0 in overtime at Drake. By all accounts we were outplayed for the most part but still managed to pull out the win. You have to give Drake credit for playing a powerfull nonconference schedule. Their last two games were losses to USC and Nebraska. I think they may have taken us lightly last year but will be out for revenge this year. They also lost to Minnesota 3-0 early in the year. If the Bison play their game we have a good shot at making it two in a row!

OCBison
09-15-2006, 08:21 AM
http://www.soccerbuzz.com/2006rankings/rankings091106.htm

Home game vs. #15 Drake Regionally Ranked

Has to be best team to come to Fargo. *Ever??

Hope our women are ready!

Sonoma State in '97 was a pretty darn good team and so was St. Joseph's College the following year. Don't discount some of the UNO teams as well.

D_One_here_we_come
09-15-2006, 01:35 PM
Here's the difference between D1 and D2 though. Our soccer team beat the #17th Ranked team in the Country for D2 team 6-0(Mankato who went to D2 Nat'l tourney last season). There are no D1 scores like that, regardless if there were 3 goals in the last 10 min. or not. Tell me what D1 team our Soccer team worked over like that? I agree there are some good D2 teams, that can compete with the middle or lower D1 teams. But my point is, Drake is a top D1 team and no offense but I think our program is getting to a top level. We are not there just yet but we are close. I do believe Drake will be the best team to ever come to Fargo for Womens Soccer(so far).

cabis
09-15-2006, 07:35 PM
Here's the difference between D1 and D2 though. *Our soccer team beat the #17th Ranked team in the Country for D2 team 6-0(Mankato who went to D2 Nat'l tourney last season). *There are no D1 scores like that, regardless if there were 3 goals in the last 10 min. or not. *Tell me what D1 team our Soccer team worked over like that? *I agree there are some good D2 teams, that can compete with the middle or lower D1 teams. *But my point is, Drake is a top D1 team and no offense but I think our program is getting to a top level. *We are not there just yet but we are close. *I do believe Drake will be the best team to ever come to Fargo for Womens Soccer(so far).
I agree with you totally. Untill a week or two ago I would have put Weber on par with Drake but they are not nearly as good a team this year as last. Drake will be a very stern test.
This stretch of four games, Weber, Drake, Iowa State and UNLV will be by far the toughest test the Bison have faced up to this point. We are off to a good start with the draw with Weber.

cabis
09-16-2006, 06:43 AM
Drake beat SDSU 3-1 tonight in Brookings. Looked at the stats and it didn't look too one sided.
Drake would be a big win for the Bison.

NoDakSt
09-17-2006, 09:47 PM
NDSU jumped to an early 1-0 lead before Drake went on to score five consecutive goals and beat the Bison 5-3.

OCBison
09-17-2006, 10:49 PM
Here's the difference between D1 and D2 though. *Our soccer team beat the #17th Ranked team in the Country for D2 team 6-0(Mankato who went to D2 Nat'l tourney last season). *There are no D1 scores like that, regardless if there were 3 goals in the last 10 min. or not. *Tell me what D1 team our Soccer team worked over like that? *I agree there are some good D2 teams, that can compete with the middle or lower D1 teams. *But my point is, Drake is a top D1 team and no offense but I think our program is getting to a top level. *We are not there just yet but we are close. *I do believe Drake will be the best team to ever come to Fargo for Womens Soccer(so far).

Check out NJIT results, Texas Southern, or Delaware State on a good day. Try Arkansas - Pine Bluff if you want a blow out.

cabis
09-20-2006, 02:00 AM
Sounds like the Bison were uncharacteristicly poor defensively in the second half. Drake's third goal came right off our restart after the second goal. We moved the ball to the back, misplayed it and they put it in the net! We then had to open things up which resulted in a couple more. Its good to see we didn't let up and made it interesting at the end. It is good to see quality teams like Drake on the schedule. Thats what helps us grow as a program.
Regarding OC's post about some Div 1 bottom feeders, she is right. There are about 6 or 7 of the 309 or so Division 1 programs that are terrible. (Most of the SWAC) Even bad Div 1 teams thrash them and so would a lot of the top half Div 2 teams. But that is only a small number of programs in the big picture.