PDA

View Full Version : Bunnies beat us, 1-0

NoDakSt
11-05-2006, 08:35 PM
Great job by the women this year despite losing to the Bunnies in the Conference championship game.

kchats
11-05-2006, 09:07 PM
They picked a bad time to lose to the Jacks, but had a great season and will only improve with Mid Con memberships next season.

sambini
11-06-2006, 12:44 AM
Nice job ladies and good luck in the MidCON++++

TheDoctor
11-06-2006, 04:29 AM
Bummer- I still can't even find an article on GoBison.com about the game. I guess I just have to take your sad word on it :'(

89rabbit
11-06-2006, 02:55 PM
Bummer- I still can't even find an article on GoBison.com *about the game. *I guess I just have to take your sad word on it *:'(

Here you go.

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11945&SPID=699&DB_OEM_ID=24 00&ATCLID=676548

Jackrabbits Halt Bison Streak for United Soccer Conference Championship

WASHINGTON, D.C.—For the third straight women’s soccer contest between North Dakota State and South Dakota State, the game came down to a single goal. In the United Soccer Conference championship match on Sunday, Nov. 5, the Jackrabbits upended an NDSU bid for a Division I conference title with a 1-0 win at Howard University’s Greene Stadium, ending a five-match winless streak against the Bison to claim the USC crown. . . . (read more)

mikelsch
11-06-2006, 03:55 PM
Interesting how NDSU broke through against SDSU in volleyball, and the reverse happened in soccer --- both on the same weekend

cabis
11-07-2006, 06:17 AM
A tough loss to the Jacks in the championship game. The Bison are the more skilled team but once again as in the Montana game the coaching staff changed our tactics to a narrow formation that played right into the Jack's primary strength in the air and long balls. Had we used width we could run the Bunnies into the ground but...???
Coach C is young and enthusiastic but needs to develop some confidence in his and the teams abilities to get to the next level. Our worst performances on the year were when we changed our game in response to an "inferior" team. Make them beat you at your game not the other way around. We will all be a year wiser next year!
Congrats to the Jacks but look out next year!