PDA

View Full Version : Bison Baseball Team Makes Playoffs

BisonMav
05-05-2003, 01:53 PM
The Bison baseball team made the 4 team NCC playoffs. * ;D

http://www.gobison.com/mens/baseball/

A big thank you to the Fighting Susans for losing the final two games against South Dakota. * 8)

mojobison
05-05-2003, 03:07 PM
Glad to see the baseball team make the playoffs. They've come a long way from when I was in school. Not as far as the softball team, but pretty far.

I thought for sure that the three double-headers in a three day stretch was going to end NDSU's season. UND got NDSU for the last two of those games - not an ideal situation for our guys.

Bison_Kent
05-08-2003, 11:35 PM
The Bison beat the top seeded UNC Bears today 12-3 in Greely.

The Bison baseball team should be getting more support in my opinion. This is a sport that NDSU could compete right away in DI. Newman Field will rival any DI baseball "on-campus" stadium in the country. Looking at where I live now in Kansas, Wichita State has one of the best stadiums in DI baseball but I don't think it is much better then Newman. Baseball is the top sport at Wichita State. Just to note, Wichita State is usually one of the top teams in the country and has won a couple College World Series titles and hasn't missed the NCAA baseball tournament in quite some time. The big two schools in Kansas play in very mediocre stadiums at Kansas and Kansas State.

BisonMav
05-09-2003, 01:35 PM
It would be great for the Bison to make it to the College World Series some year. It is a great sporting event. I like attending the College World Series better than the NCAA Final Four. It is a difficult road for a Northern team to get there though.

JBB
05-09-2003, 05:42 PM
I had heard that NDSU had entered into a home/home with the Gopers baseball team. I thought it might even be this season, but I guess not. Has anyone else heard anything about this?

It wasnt too long ago that the Forum called NEwman Field one of the best in the country. Anybody who has attended a ball game there can attest to that fact.