04-04-2005, 09:14 PM
Anyone going out to the game tomorrow?

IowaBison
04-04-2005, 09:19 PM
i'll be there

Gamehunter
04-04-2005, 09:36 PM
me too

I get out of class at 3:50, and Newman is right across the street. First NDSU baseball game for me.

Big_BisonFan
04-04-2005, 10:57 PM
I'll be there, can't miss the Bison/Sioux matchup.

JBB
04-05-2005, 12:44 AM
--------------------------------------------------------
Edited for smack by The Smack Inquisition.

Seriously, don't make me get out the comfy chair. If you have to talk smack, there's a board for it.

greenandgold01
04-05-2005, 01:54 AM
I wont be there, hate the BISON suck match-up, who are those guys, never heard of them, probably just have a piece of sh*t hockey team like all the other small colleges. Never heard of them. ::)

Will you be at the first DI Bison/Sioux game in 2008?

TheBisonator
04-05-2005, 02:14 AM
I'll be there with bells on.

bincitysioux
04-05-2005, 05:11 AM
I wont be there, hate the BISON suck match-up, who are those guys, never heard of them, *probably just have a piece of sh*t hockey team like all the other small colleges. *Never heard of them. * ::)

Yep, University of Minnesota, University of Wisconsin, University of Michigan, Michigan State, Boston College, Ohio State, Yale, Harvard, Notre Dame, and who?.......University of North Dakota. Just a lot of no-name small colleges.

JBB
04-05-2005, 01:02 PM
----------------------------------------------------
Edited by The Smack Inquisition

OK, I'm fluffing up the comfy pillows... don't make me use them!

Bison_Dan
04-05-2005, 01:53 PM
That is funny! *Your putting on airs. *Those are all DI schools with full Division I participation. *Only 1 is an exhibition trophy only.

How about St. Cloud State, UNO, Superior, Bemidji, Colorado College, *Mankato...they look a lot more like you than the Division I Universities you mentioned.

Exactly - As far as the baseball team I don't expect alot from them for a couple of years. They have a very young team.

greenandgold01
04-05-2005, 01:55 PM
That is funny! Your putting on airs. Those are all DI schools with full Division I participation. Only 1 is an exhibition trophy only.

How about St. Cloud State, UNO, Superior, Bemidji, Colorado College, Mankato...they look a lot more like you than the Division I Universities you mentioned.

Yeah, don't forget NCAA powerhouses like Michigan Tech and Lake Superior State!

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
04-05-2005, 03:05 PM
Yeah, don't forget NCAA powerhouses like Michigan Tech and Lake Superior State!

??? powerhouses ???

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
04-05-2005, 03:06 PM
Is the game on the radio today?

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
04-05-2005, 04:12 PM
Wagner will start today against the Sioux, as reported on GoBison.com and the game is on the radio to answer your question....oh never mind it was my question.

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
04-05-2005, 10:30 PM
This thunder radio must be students doing the game, is that right?
Just don't think that they would be paying these guys :-/
At least it's on the air though!
1-0 Sioux after 2

Bisonguy
04-05-2005, 11:10 PM
This thunder radio must be students doing the game, is that right? *
Just don't think that they would be paying these guys :-/
At least it's on the air though!
1-0 Sioux after 2

Yes, it's college radio, and I believe they don't get paid a dime. Pretty cool when nobody shows up for consecutive timeslots and "the loop" gets played for eight straight hours. ;D

They have a nice uber-heavy metal show on around noon on thursdays.

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
04-05-2005, 11:12 PM
So is it part of a class then?
Pretty fun getting credits to broadcast baseball!

tophatfan
04-06-2005, 02:03 AM
no they don't get credits. It is just a way for students who are interested in broadcasting to gain some experience.

BisBison
04-06-2005, 02:42 AM
anybody got an update?

BisBison
04-06-2005, 02:51 AM
never mind 6-0 sue >:(

02Bison
04-06-2005, 02:52 AM
Gobison.com has the result up...6-0 shut-out victory for the Sioux *:(

Big_BisonFan
04-06-2005, 02:32 PM
OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WYOBISONMAN
04-06-2005, 02:38 PM
Oh no!! UND?? Aren't they D2?? :-[

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
04-06-2005, 02:49 PM
I won't even do it ;D
Great performance by Heston of the Sioux though:
Complete game 3 hit shutout with 9 K's and no walks.
Had perfect game broken up in 5th or 6th.

insane_ponderer
04-06-2005, 02:59 PM
Honestly, in the two games i have seen now (valley city, und) we aren't a very good team. Young, or whatever I saw three errors alone at the und game that were atrocious, a dropped infield fly and 2 routine grounders....pretty sad

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
04-06-2005, 03:51 PM
Was anyone at the game? What was Heston doing so well to keep the Bison hitters off balance?
G-City, I listened to the game and it sounded like they were haveing a lot of trouble. Probably just young jitters, hopefully they'll get over them over the course of the year, playing good competition.

Hopefully next year they will give the Sioux some competition :)

Gamehunter
04-06-2005, 03:57 PM
Heston was throwing very well. Alot better than the 4 or 5 differnt bison pitchers. Hopefully the Bison still have some gas left in the tanks. It's got to be hard finishing out the season when you only have 1 win.

mikelsch
04-06-2005, 04:12 PM
I'll post it here too....

The bigger questions are (1) What committment does NDSU have to its baseball program? and (2) Is it time to finally let Mitch McLeod go and find a new coaching staff? NDSU should have a much better baseball team.

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
04-06-2005, 04:15 PM
And I'll reply here too:

I don't think it is fair to blame Mitch and say they should have a much better baseball team. They won the NCC tourney last year and went to the NCAA tourney.
How can you say they should have a much better team?
IMO the baseball will struggle at the DI level because of the region we live in. When you can only play outside for the length we can in ND, the teams will be that much farther behind the other teams.

mikelsch
04-06-2005, 04:50 PM
One good season every once in a while (in DII for that matter) is certainly not good enough for any sport at NDSU. That's why I ask about the committment from NDSU for its baseball team, and that includes keeping McLeod. He was hardly a DII coach, and is definitely not a DI coach.

ballboy
04-06-2005, 06:14 PM
Hats off to Heston. He pitched a very good game against a very weak Bison team. And I agree, a routine pop-up in the infield gets dropped which would of been the 3rd. out. IMO McLeod goes... He has to get farther than the front door of his office and Minnesota to recruit players that will be able to compete at this level. Sure, these guys are young so you could say they will get better in time. Maybe...but not with McLeod at the helm. 4 errors? That starts from the coach on down. These guys need to get back to basic baseball on hitting and fielding. Go back to gobison and look at some of the pics of these guys swinging. Elbows on the ground, shoulders wide open.... no wonder they can only get 3 hits. I wonder if Tom Emanski's tape would help? :-/

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
04-06-2005, 06:24 PM
I wonder if Tom Emanski's tape would help? * :-/

If you ask Fred "Crimedog" McGriff it sure would ;D

WYOBISONMAN
04-06-2005, 08:57 PM
The piount that Sioux makes about limited outside playing because of where NDSU is.....is a legitimate argument. It makes the whole concept of baseball difficult minus an indoor facility.

Rodentia
04-06-2005, 10:01 PM
It may be true, but nearly every northern school faces the same issue of the weather being too cold for early season games to be played at home. Minnesota is an exception, the early games are played at the dome.

Michigan, for example played their first 11 games on the road in Florida, North Carolina and Texas.

Bisonguy
04-06-2005, 10:01 PM
There was talk earlier this season amongst the NCAA about possibly moving the baseball season to cover the summer. That would be great for northern teams.

I thought baseball was one of the sports that NDSU offered little to no financial aid. Anybody have the numbers?

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
04-06-2005, 10:15 PM
There was talk earlier this season amongst the NCAA about possibly moving the baseball season to cover the summer. That would be great for northern teams.

This will never happen.
Right now the CWS goes into mid June so the schools that are participating are paying for hotels for these athletes to stay in for at least a month if not more in most cases. That's quite a bit of money to shell out for say 25 guys for a month or more straight.

roadwarrior
04-06-2005, 11:50 PM
According to a story a while back in the Forum, NDSU has 4.5 scholarships for baseball this season. (Softball has 6.5)

insane_ponderer
04-07-2005, 01:42 AM
Was anyone at the game? *What was Heston doing so well to keep the Bison hitters off balance? *
G-City, I listened to the game and it sounded like they were haveing a lot of trouble. *

Heston pitched well I guess, nothing amazing. He was very predictable, he started off every hitter with junk, something off speed and finished with his fastball. The problem was that no one could hit his off speed stuff and they either hit weak grounders or got behind in the count. I am really surprised at how weak our baseball team is on both sides of the ball.

Till
04-07-2005, 04:19 AM
In reply to Bison guy..

Yeah, I'm glad it's not just us people like G-City and myself who are involved with ThunderRadio who notice that damned loop.

I know it'd the first year for the station and all, but the some of the management around there really makes more than a few people wonder.....

Having said that we still do really appreciate getting listeners. Most of our callers are people from the community as opposed to SU students.

And on topic, I haven't made it to a game yet, suppose I'll have to one of these days, if only just to see a game in a top notch ball park and support the Bison.

RxBison
04-09-2005, 03:56 PM
According to a story a while back in the Forum, NDSU has 4.5 scholarships for baseball this season. *(Softball has 6.5)

If this is true, then Bison baseball is funded at only 30% because D-I baseball allows only a dozen schollarships from what I've heard about teams on NDSU's scheduel. To me this sounds like taking a Northern Sun football team to play at Miami or USC since there is no I-AA designation in baseball. And since baseball doesn't get to practice outside up in the northland, that Northern Sun football team has to practice on its gym floor beforehand.

ballboy
04-11-2005, 03:58 PM
He will get 11.70 scholarships next year.. don't ask me why .70? Maybe that's to be used for a lefty who throws 3/4 sidearm.. ;D

jeffdaryl3rd
04-12-2005, 11:34 PM
Baseball will not get to the full 11.7 scholarships available to D-I baseball programs anytime in the near future. With the football team adding scholarships to become BCS eligible, it is tough to add more money to the men's side of the athletic department and stay at least withing shouting distance of Title IX compliance. Not to mention that with Lynn Dorn working for the athletic department, baseball will never get any money. FYI: Number of Bison playing professional baseball: 2, number of Bison playing in WNBA: 0.

IowaBison
04-13-2005, 02:13 PM
Baseball will not get to the full 11.7 scholarships available to D-I baseball programs anytime in the near future. *With the football team adding scholarships to become BCS eligible, it is tough to add more money to the men's side of the athletic department and stay at least withing shouting distance of Title IX compliance. *Not to mention that with Lynn Dorn working for the athletic department, baseball will never get any money. FYI: Number of Bison playing professional baseball: 2, number of Bison playing in WNBA: 0.

Don't know what baseball getting few scholarships has to do with Lynn, specifically.

Would you rather have a good ole boy who likes baseball and has no interest in maintaining compliance?

I think she's just doing her job.

Also, baseball is at the bottom of the list, possibly tied with volleyball, with regards to sports that people actually attend...

football
wbb
mbb
wrestling
volleyball/baseball

roadwarrior
04-13-2005, 03:30 PM
Volleyball easily beats baseball in attendance!

IowaBison
04-13-2005, 03:35 PM
Volleyball easily beats baseball in attendance!

and there you go (thanks for info)

WYOBISONMAN
04-13-2005, 07:01 PM
Yes VB is a pretty big sport at SU......and I bet it only gets bigger with the D1 move!

Bison_Dan
04-13-2005, 08:26 PM
Yes VB is a pretty big sport at SU......and I bet it only gets bigger with the D1 move!

With the new recruit from DFG, Kelly Lopez (that the Gophers wanted very bad) and with most of the team back I think that the Bison will be very competitive this year.

WYOBISONMAN
04-13-2005, 08:41 PM
Let's get them to Laramie for a game!

roadwarrior
04-13-2005, 09:50 PM
NorthDakotaBison, if you havent been to a volleyball match, I would strongly suggest that you try it next fall.

IowaBison
04-13-2005, 10:05 PM
Actually, I'll probably buy season tickets, Roadmaster.

I would have this year, but I was out of town when they played their only real home games.

I bumped into Zaundra and an in-law of mine out at the Mapleton golf course last summer and they gave me crap for not getting season tickets which I thought was a little unreasonable given their home schedule.

sambini
04-14-2005, 02:39 AM
wyobison maybe we should get to laramie. gary barta is a former football player is the ad at wyoming. maybe football too with the 12th game rule coming up in the future. take care, go herd.

WYOBISONMAN
04-14-2005, 02:36 PM
I've talked to Barta at a couple Cowboy Joe Club events and I think he is interested in seeing NDSU play out here. I think that FB would be a real possibility.

silkamilkamonico
04-14-2005, 08:22 PM
Actually, I'll probably buy season tickets, Roadmaster. *

I would have this year, but I was out of town when they played their only real home games. *

I bumped into Zaundra and an in-law of mine out at the Mapleton golf course last summer and they gave me crap for not getting season tickets which I thought was a little unreasonable given their home schedule.

The only thing that sucks about *VB is the heat you deal with in the Bentsen Bunker.

The games are fun to watch and the Bison team is as talented as it's ever been with the step up to D1. *Some games will be moved to the Bison sports arena.

For those of you going to see Bison-Washington, you'll see a clear cut example of the difference between D2-D1. *Washington will be bigger, more talented, and more athletic.

randomsportsfan
04-18-2005, 03:20 PM
Don't know what baseball getting few scholarships has to do with Lynn, specifically. *

I think she's just doing her job.

The problem is that Lynn doesn't know shit about baseball and doesn't really give two craps about it in general. *It goes beyond scholarships too, with baseball getting pushed out of winter practice times because womens BB can't stay within their 3 hour practice time slot. And of course Lynn won't say a word about it to the coach, and its no real secret why (but that isn't to discuss here). *Lynn has it out for the baseball team for some reason and that is why, despite Gene Taylor's valiant efforts, baseball won't ever be competitive at d1 while Lynn is still at NDSU.