PDA

View Full Version : SDSU Baseball coach Reggie Christiansen is a sissy

Jeffdaryl3rd
05-02-2005, 04:18 AM
In all my years of baseball I don't think I've ever seen such a sissy move as that of Reggie Christiansen, head sdsu baseball coach, who refused to continue playing once it looked like he was going to lose today. *I am going to be the first to call for this guy's job for being such a copp out. *Seriously, I think anyone who plays ball this far north has played in worse than what went on today, and to just leave is a bush league move. *Hopefully NDSU makes the right move here and doesn't schedule them next year.

UND_Herd
05-02-2005, 05:50 AM
Now tell us what you REALLY think. *Don't mince words. *With talk like this, you might be selling the kids a little short. *There may be a real reason to leave early. *Maybe one of his jacks had cramps. *Someone broke a nail?? *Maybe he had a hot date. *Sometimes, a man has to prioritize.

Do the jacks have a coach's show that we can listen to on the internet? *The next one might be a little entertaining, to say the least.

89rabbit
05-02-2005, 01:20 PM
Please, what Reggie did is called charity.*::) *The Bison are what 4-34-1, and 1-5 against the Jacks (counting the forfeit). *I can see why you had optimism that you might win (I mean a 1-1 tie is a big deal for you guys), but there was still plenty of time for the Jacks to hang another L on your boys.

Previous 2005 SDSU vs NDSU scores

SDSU 10 - NDSU 1
SDSU 4 - NDSU 3
SDSU 9 - NDSU 3
SDSU 8 - NDSU 1
SDSU 7 - NDSU 0

Total runs scored: * SDSU 38 - NDSU 8 *

I'm sorry jeffdaryl3rd, but this might be one of the saddest posts ever. *:'( *Nobody is affraid of the Bison Baseball team. *::) *:o *::)

The right thing to do was just call the game. *The SDSU Women's Softball team was clubbing the Bison 5-2 (looks like a win to me) but they called the game and let the Bison off the hook. *Maybe if my team only had 3 wins and 34 losses I would hang on for dear life too, but please don't call Reggie's act of kindness "sissy".

Go Jackrabbits! *;D

P.S. Hey UND Thundering Herd, last time I checked we took 3 out of 4 from you as well.

P.P.S. *I would be embarrassed as a fan if my school was trying to claim this as a victory. *:-[ *Here again it looks like the Jackrabbits are trying to help out. *I noticed when I checked the offical SDSU Athletic Web site there is no mention of a forfeit just that the game had been canceled.

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/VarsitySports/Baseball/Schedule/Index.cfm

Go Jackrabbits! *;D

ballboy
05-02-2005, 04:04 PM
No coach in his right mind would of sent his team on to the field to risk injury to his players. The day before a broken water main soaked the field, and most likely froze during the night. On top of that a snow storm the next day. The decision made was the right one from SDSU's point, and probably the umps. The good "Dr." could care less... he's counting it as a win. Maybe it is. I don't know how the rules read. The guy that should be bummed is Mitchell.. he might of had a W.

greenandgold01
05-02-2005, 04:09 PM
Please, what Reggie did is called charity. ::) The Bison are what 4-34-1, and 1-5 against the Jacks (counting the forfeit). I can see why you had optimism that you might win (I mean a 1-1 tie is a big deal for you guys), but there was still plenty of time for the Jacks to hang another L on your boys.

Previous 2005 SDSU vs NDSU scores

SDSU 10 - NDSU 1
SDSU 4 - NDSU 3
SDSU 9 - NDSU 3
SDSU 8 - NDSU 1
SDSU 9 - NDSU 0

Total runs scored: SDSU 40 - NDSU 8

I'm sorry jeffdaryl3rd, but this might be one of the saddest posts ever. :'( Nobody is affraid of the Bison Baseball team. ::) :o ::)

The right thing to do was just call the game. The SDSU Women's Softball team was clubbing the Bison 5-2 (looks like a win to me) but they called the game and let the Bison off the hook. Maybe if my team only had 3 wins and 34 losses I would hang on for dear life too, but please don't call Reggie's act of kindness "sissy".

Go Jackrabbits! ;D

P.S. Hey UND Thundering Herd, last time I checked we took 3 out of 4 from you as well.

P.P.S. I would be embarrassed as a fan if my school was trying to claim this as a victory. :-[ Here again it looks like the Jackrabbits are trying to help out. I noticed when I checked the offical SDSU Athletic Web site there is no mention of a forfeit just that the game had been canceled.

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/VarsitySports/Baseball/Schedule/Index.cfm

Go Jackrabbits! ;D

Just wait until we got on the field that actually matters: the football field.

89rabbit
05-02-2005, 04:11 PM
Just wait until we got on the field that actually matters: the football field.

I believe we won there also this past season. ;)

SDSU 24 - NDSU 21

greenandgold01
05-02-2005, 08:54 PM
I believe we won there also this past season. ;)

SDSU 24 - NDSU 21

How about the past 30 seasons?

sambini
05-03-2005, 04:24 AM
your football teams can't carry our jocks. besides who cares that you guys can't take a little snow and wind.

89rabbit
05-03-2005, 02:04 PM
I'm pretty sure they wouldn't want to carry your teams jocks. One thing is for sure they can carry a BIG ROCK ;) ;D

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=129&stc=1

South Dakota State University, winners of the first ever Dakota Marker game. You may have it someday but you will always know who had it FIRST! 8)

Go Jackrabbits! ;D

TheBisonator
05-03-2005, 02:14 PM
Yeah, while we hold that rock in our trophy case for the next 15 years, you'll be telling us in 2020 that "Yeah, well, at least we won it FIRST!!!" ;D ;D ;D