PDA

View Full Version : Bison Baseball Alumni Game

bison_baseball
08-25-2005, 02:45 PM
Just wanted to make all you die-hard SU fans aware that the baseball team will be holding their annual alumni weekend on Sept. 24. So if you want to see some of the past greats like Matt Mann, Chris 'back-bacon' Baso, Mike Peschel, Tony Richards and many more....please come out and enjoy some good baseball and plenty of laughs!!

Snurd
08-25-2005, 05:11 PM
The alumni game is a great time.

Good luck to the current Bison. Although the alumni may seem to be a little out of shape, they can still play ball and have a lot of pride that will carry over to a win!

Hope everyone can make it back. I wonder if Tweeter (both of them) will make the journey from Canada?

bisonball
08-25-2005, 10:01 PM
I noticed that Neil Wagner was not on the list... is he not going to play in the game or did you just leave him off of your list?

Snurd
08-25-2005, 10:05 PM
Wags should still be on the team shouldn't he be?? I don't think he ever signed with the Indians. He played for the Mankato Moondogs this summer (did pretty well again). I guess I haven't heard of his plans as of returning to school or not.

Anyway, it would be impossible to include every great player the Bison have had on a list.

Jeffdaryl3rd
08-25-2005, 10:31 PM
I want to say that Piepkorn should be on that list too somewhere if his pro season is over, but it would be a long list to include everyone.

http://www.mankatomoondogs.com/currentnews.php

Snurd
08-25-2005, 10:55 PM
Well, I guess Wags won't be there. Good for him. That would not be an easy choice to make. I hope he keeps developing as a pitcher, he's got the potential.

Pip should be there on the 24th. He also had a good year. Overall he has 22 HR and 85 RBI between Sarasota and Dayton.

bison_baseball
08-25-2005, 11:07 PM
I know the list left off a lot of people, I could go on for days with the boys that should be on the list. Those were just a couple off of the top of my head...of course I didn't forget about you Wags...I am after all, the one dirty Canadian that you copied with the whole dirty hat routine! I'm excited to see all the boys again.....

Jeffdaryl3rd
08-26-2005, 06:25 PM
It's good to hear that Pip has had a good year after what he went through with getting sick and all last pro season. Good for him.

Snurd
08-30-2005, 06:01 PM
I guess Pip won't be at the alumni game. He was invited to an instructional league in Sarasota starting 9/19. He currently has 24 total homers on the year. 21 in Dayton and 3 when he was in High A Sarasota.

bisonball
08-30-2005, 07:54 PM
Wags- just wanted to wish you good luck in the future, your presence will be missed.... Bush