PDA

View Full Version : Pitching Coach

Pedro
07-29-2005, 03:06 PM
Supposedly NDSU is advertising for a pitching coach. What is the scoop and who is the front runner?

Jeffdaryl3rd
08-11-2005, 11:46 AM
I think that this is probably among the stupider threads I've read while on this site. The Bison have a pitching coach who has Major League experience, has been with the program only one year, and who was thrown into a no-win situation last year. Steve is very approachable and knowledgeable and I think it is an extraordinarily stupid move on NDSU's part if they are looking to get rid of him. Lets give him a chance before we push him out the door.

Pedro
08-11-2005, 06:57 PM
Agreed, his position was advertised nationally with an August 1st deadline for applications.

MinotBison
08-11-2005, 08:57 PM
It could well be that they are required to advertise the position.

bison_baseball
08-11-2005, 10:50 PM
I have heard that they are looking to sign Montgomery as a full-time pitching coach, and if that doesn't happen then they are going fill the full time assistant position instead. The Dr. had three guys coming in this week for interviews...or so rumor has it!

Jeffdaryl3rd
08-12-2005, 06:12 PM
Well, whatever the situation is, I'm going to maintain my position that if Montgomery wants to be the pitching coach for another year, he should at least have that opportunity. It will be interesting to see what happens though.

Snurd
08-16-2005, 08:13 PM
The position was offered to Mongo but he has accepted a full-time position with the RedHawks. He will still be the pitching coach for the Bison, but on a "part-time" basis, which he technically was before.

This is the first time there has been a full-time assistant coaching position available at NDSU and they are currently trying to fill the spot, hopefully by tomorrow they will have a better idea of what's going on.

The candidates are down to a guy from South Carolina som, a guy from Texas somewhere, a guy who used to be an assistant at USD, and a former Bison player.

bison_baseball
08-17-2005, 03:31 PM
I wonder who the former bison baseball player is? They've definitely had some great players in the past that know the game and would be a great leader on the bench! Snort Snort....

Jav_Fan
08-26-2005, 09:48 PM
I think I heard last night that you have a new coach, B.J. Griffith. If so, consider yourself lucky. He's got a good baseball mind, and a great personality. He's young, so he should be able to communicate with the players easily.

I hope to have him back home in Kingsville, Texas before too long.

Jeffdaryl3rd
08-28-2005, 05:05 PM
If it is true that NDSU hired Griffith, he looks like a good guy to have in the program based on the bio I found on him. Looks like he has plenty of experience and it's someone from outside the program who might have a little bit different perspective to contribute, so hopefully it works out for the Bison.

kchats
09-07-2005, 04:35 AM
It is official the Bison have hired B.J. Griffith from TAMUK, sounds like a great hire.

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=12103&SPID=706&DB_OEM_ID=24 00&ATCLID=187087