PDA

View Full Version : Bison Baseball @ Wichita State

Bison_Kent
03-03-2006, 03:29 PM
I am heading to the game this afternoon. I should get some pictures there. The weather has cooled a little bit down here today after near 80 degrees a couple days ago but it is still rather nice. I think highs will be in the upper 50s today.

I went to see the Bison play at Kansas State last year and might go there in a couple weeks too this year.

I hope the Bison can keep the games against the Shockers competative but they are ranked #24 in the country right now and just defeated Oklahoma on the road a couple of days ago.

I will post some pictures tonight of the game.

Paulie
03-03-2006, 04:40 PM
They have a good set up down there. Keeping Stephenson was a huge bonus and that stadium is sweet. Not as good as the one at NDSU but close.

Bison101
03-03-2006, 05:39 PM
WSU is a great program and one of the flagship Universitys of the Valley. A win here would be great. IMO the Valley/Gateway should be NDSU's long term goal. With annaul bottom feeders like Drake and Evansville who knows what will happen there. Maybe they could add WKU and NDSU as full Valley members, drop the other two schools and then change the Gateway name back to the Valley....Ahhh... Just dreaming..

Jeffdaryl3rd
03-03-2006, 06:52 PM
Hopefully these games are similar to the games last year at Nebraska (when the Huskers were highly ranked) where the Bison were within a run after 4-5 innings both games. I'm not predicting a win, but if they got one it would be on the magnitude of baseketball's win over Wisconsin.

Snurd
03-03-2006, 09:57 PM
3-0 after 4
Branca doing a decent job again keeping them at bay, no offense though. Mossey needs some help, can't do it by himself boys.

Snurd
03-03-2006, 10:44 PM
still 3-0 after 7. *tip of the cap to Tom Branca on a nice effort.

Bushland is now in for the 8th *

Jeffdaryl3rd
03-03-2006, 11:18 PM
It looks like the game ended with NDSU losing 4-1, which is very respectable against a good Wichita State team.

Bison_Kent
03-04-2006, 03:27 AM
NDSU couldn't hit but the pitching was very sound. Here are some pictures from the game this afternoon. I likely will get some more tomorrow but maybe not this many.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bisonkent/album?.dir=/f5e7&.src=ph&.tok=phP.6fEBVYdUwQnH

BisonBacker
03-04-2006, 03:56 AM
Nice Pic's BisonKent.
Looks like the weather was beautiful. Wish it was like that up here today. Oh well will have to wait a while for that. >:(

roadwarrior
03-04-2006, 10:19 PM
Kent, the press release from the game shows 2875 in attendence, but according to your pics I am not sure how they came up with that number.

MplsBison
03-04-2006, 10:23 PM
What's with the half and half turf/grass field?

Bison_Kent
03-05-2006, 12:45 AM
Bison lose 7-3 today. Here are some pictures. I am not sure why they have the turf infield. It has been that way for several years.

Today's crowd was about the same as Fridays. I would say around 1,000 actual were in attendence. There were likely a lot of season ticket holders that were no shows as it was rather cool and windy both days. It was around 50 and 25-30 mph winds.

I am sure that sounds better than Fargo right now but it is rather cool for baseball.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bisonkent/album?.dir=/c5d8&.src=ph&.tok=ph3mNgEBA_foKF3X

ohdavey1234
03-05-2006, 03:01 AM
The half and half field is due to the excessive wind in kansas.

MplsBison
03-05-2006, 05:58 PM
The half and half field is due to the excessive wind in kansas.

I guess I still don't get it.

Could you explain?

sambini
03-05-2006, 07:12 PM
Thanks Bison Kent for the pictures.+++++++++++++

Bison_Kent
03-06-2006, 01:39 AM
Bison lose 8-4 today. Errors in the first two innings did in the Bison as the Shockers scored 7 of their 8 runs in those innings. NDSU did lead for the first time all weekend after the first half inning 1-0. There was one strike error by the umpire and a close safe call on a squiber at first base that seemed to cost the Bison as well.

The Bison will win more this year in my opinion than last year. Wichita State is a very good team, especially with their pitchers and it showed in the Bison hitting slumps.

Here are some pictures from today.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bisonkent/album?.dir=/b072&.src=ph&.tok=phnfjgEBE1eMl2yn

MplsBison
03-06-2006, 06:18 PM
So why is it that the wind makes them have a turf infield?

Snurd
03-06-2006, 08:09 PM
possibly from dirt getting blown allover. you can lose a lot of your infield dirt when it is dry and windy (i worked at Newman for the Redhawks) I don't know if that is the real reason but I do know that happens.

I will be at the game in the dome on Wednesday vs. the Gophers. good luck boys