PDA

View Full Version : Baseball

SUILB#28
02-24-2006, 02:02 AM
Baseball team lost to Sac State 7-5. Played pretty well were up 5-3 in the eighth. Tom Branca apparently pitched a hell of a game. They are playing again tonight at 9 (7 out there) against Portland State. Nick Schommer had two doubles. ;D

sambini
02-24-2006, 02:07 AM
THANKS FOR THE UPDATE 28 AND IBET YOU WISH YOU WERE PLAYING? HOWS THE KNEE COMING ALONG?

Jeffdaryl3rd
02-24-2006, 02:49 AM
Hopefully they can bounce back tonight, but this is a better start than they had last year against the Fighting Strombachs.

SUILB#28
02-24-2006, 03:14 AM
Knees coming along fast, just getting into some good amounts of running. Getting my shoulder fixed in a week. At least when its really cold my arm and knee can creak the same sounds. Its hard not playing, but not being able to travel makes it worse. There is so much down time with baseball that a team identity is really made out on the road. But best of luck to all of them, and lets get the first win a little sooner this year.

SUILB#28
02-24-2006, 06:47 AM
NDSU 9...Portland State 8. Matt Mossey with a grandslam to overcome an 8-3 deficit. Well done fellas.

mikelsch
02-24-2006, 07:02 AM
Nice to get that first win on only the second attempt, and on the road too. I'm sure they would like to be 2-0 but 1-1 is an encouraging start. Keep up it rolling against St. Mary's, Portland, and UC Davis this weekend.

Sac_State
02-24-2006, 01:58 PM
Thats U of Portland of the WCC, not Portland State of the Big Sky. I don't think PSU has a baseball team anymore.

roadwarrior
02-24-2006, 04:09 PM
Ryan Langlais singled in Matt Mossey with the winning run in the bottom of the eighth as North Dakota State defeated the University of Portland 9-8 in college baseball late Thursday.

sambini
02-25-2006, 03:21 AM
VERY WELL Bison Baseball AND THAT LANGLAIS NAME IS FAMOUS IN BISON WRESTLING TRADITION. Mikes son.

Jeffdaryl3rd
02-27-2006, 03:01 AM
Knees coming along fast, just getting into some good amounts of running. Getting my shoulder fixed in a week.
That's good to hear, and I know when I saw you this summer with St. Cloud before you left for football it looked like you were really getting comfortable with your swing. *Good luck with the surgery/rehab.

On a separate note, how about Mossey with a CG? *Not to sell him short, but I guess I wouldn't have expected it at this point (ie, his first college start).

Snurd
02-27-2006, 06:32 PM
Very impressive from Mossey. He is a stud either way I guess.

ILB#28--Get well soon buddy. The baseball team will miss your services this year.

SUILB#28
02-27-2006, 06:41 PM
From what I've heard, the baseball team just let a few games slip away this past weekend. Just to put their weekend in a little context, Davis beat Oregon State, who I think was #6 in the country at the time. Mossey pitched very well. Obviously a young team that needs a little time to find itself. But things are looking up.
P.S. There is nothing worse in the world of college athletics than being injured. At least they give good painkillers.

Mr._Bill
03-03-2006, 01:38 AM
From what I've heard, the baseball team just let a few games slip away this past weekend. Just to put their weekend in a little context, Davis beat Oregon State, who I think was #6 in the country at the time. Mossey pitched very well. Obviously a young team that needs a little time to find itself. But things are looking up.
P.S. There is nothing worse in the world of college athletics than being injured. At least they give good painkillers.

Hey SUILB, my son loves to wear by late 80's bison baseball jacket at the mall in Mankato. Frequently we see "some people" sporting their 28 Bison football jackets too. Good to see, and great pro-mo for the Bison!
:)

mikelsch
03-14-2006, 10:07 PM
Bison are playing at Creighton right now. Down 3-1 in top of the 5th.

http://www.gocreighton.com/sport_stats/live/base/xlive.htm

Jeffdaryl3rd
03-14-2006, 10:40 PM
Zach Daeges of Creighton is an absolute stud. He won the triple crown in the Northwoods League (collegiate wood bat league) this past summer at .366, 13 HR, 48 RBI. Pretty good athlete too, having played DH, 1B, 3B and RF. If you get a chance to go to the games in May when Creighton comes to Fargo, go, because this is one of the best hitters in the country.

Snurd
03-14-2006, 10:50 PM
8-1 now, SU has committed 6 errors--YIKES.
this team can illafford ot make mistakes like that when they are already overmatched on pure talent.
6 hits but again no power.

mikelsch
03-15-2006, 09:16 PM
Their back at it today....Bison up 1-0 in the first inning. Same link as before to see the game.

lakesbison
03-16-2006, 04:51 AM
Well... Swept at Crieghton aint TOO bad.... we had 11 hits in the one game...

#29 team in Baseball America..

I think Mitch will be fine.. its just a BRUTAL schedule!!!!!

but dayum.. you gotta admire the teams they are playing!!

Jeffdaryl3rd
03-16-2006, 06:25 PM
They have had a couple lopsided games, but they seem to have been competitive in most of their games against a very tough schedule. Mossey improved during the summer and it is showing right now, and from the stats it looks like Langlais is swinging well, which gives them a good base to build from.

Snurd
03-16-2006, 07:36 PM
The schedule is loaded with quality teams. I think it is a little too loaded. It is good to play against good competition but you have to give the boys some confidence too.
Just need to make sure they take care of business against teams they are equal to or better than. Otherwise people will see another 10 win season and be turned off. I want to be as optimistic as possible so go get em boys.