PDA

View Full Version : According to Further Review

NDSUstudent
05-04-2006, 03:32 AM
Hallstrom said that Mid-Con coaches have said that NDSU is as good as in the Mid-Con for baseball, so if we go Big Sky it looks like baseball will have a home no matter what. But who knows this could be a sign that the Mid-Con is going to extend an offer and we will be going there for all-sports.

Bisonguy
05-04-2006, 03:34 AM
Good news indeed!

Hallstrom seemed to hint that he's heard other things from the Mid-Con, as well. :-?

Jeffdaryl3rd
05-04-2006, 03:38 AM
Hopefully this would also extend to softball. Too bad the big sky doesn't offer either of these sports because it is just nice for the sake of completeness to have all the sports under on umbrella, but this would be a very viable option for these two teams.

kchats
05-04-2006, 03:46 AM
I think that has alot to do with the conference situation is just around the corner quote from new volleyball coach Hinterstocker during his hiring press conference. I think NDSU and SDSU will be in a conference or at least invited to join prior to next season. They probably won't get the benefit of being on the schedules of all the teams this upcoming season but I'm sure schedules with openings from the other conference universities will be filled by NDSU and SDSU.

Bisonguy
05-09-2006, 01:01 AM
Some light was shed on this during Prime Time Sports tonight.

Scott Miller had Coach McLeod on the show tonight.

Coach McLeod stated that he was contacted by the Valpo coach before the Valpo series and he mentioned that Chicago State left the conference. He then stated that he thought that NDSU would be extended and invite (didn't mention just baseball/softball or all sports). The Western Illinois coach also told Mitch that he thought NDSU would become a member of the Mid-Con, and has arranged for Mitch to meet the AD of WIU when the Bison head to Macomb, Ill. later this week.

sambini
05-09-2006, 01:09 AM
What does Gene Taylor have to say about it all? Midcon for all sports and the GATEWAY for football?