PDA

View Full Version : Creighton comes to Newman

roadwarrior
05-07-2006, 09:34 PM
The Bison will finish the home schedule for 2006 with a double header against Creighton this tuesday at Newman Outdoor Field.

Jeffdaryl3rd
05-08-2006, 12:43 AM
If you want to see one of the best hitters in all of college baseball, go out to these games and watch Zach Daeges of Creighton. He won the triple crown in the Northwoods League (collegiate wood bat league) this past summer and he is currently hitting .382 with 11 homers this year. It is a treat to watch him hit, so if you needed any extra reason to go to the games, there you have it.

lakesbison
05-08-2006, 01:31 AM
CHECK OUT THE ambidextrous pitcher as well!!!

Creighton pitcher Pat Venditte (right) is the only active switch pitcher in Division I baseball !!!!

he was on Cold Pizza on friday.. he's a reliever.........

LETS SPLIT WITH Creighton and have a successful end of the season down in Sioux Falls!!

WAY TO GO GUYS!

Jeffdaryl3rd
05-08-2006, 02:45 AM
Not true, there is a guy who plays at Harvard named Matt Brunnig who pitches from both sides as well.

kchats
05-08-2006, 03:24 AM
Does he have two mitts on the mound with him and switch arms depending on right or left hand batter of does he change between innings?

That would be very tough to do. Heck I would think it would be hard enough to be a good pitcher throwing with your dominant arm.

lakesbison
05-08-2006, 03:42 AM
special mitt made in japan..

its like interchangeable....... 2 spots for each thumb..

it was a good story.. and once he steps on the rubber. he has to stay pitching that way to the batter..

... a batter called timeout once he touched the rubber and switch hit.. * NOTE TO NDSU if we have switch hitter*!!!

throws 82-84 MPH both ways!! ha ha middle reliever

Jeffdaryl3rd
05-08-2006, 03:44 AM
I talked with a guy who played at Harvard last year and if I remember correctly he said that the guy there usually threw with one hand or the other during outings and had both right and left handed gloves. *It would be pretty tough to switch arms mid-inning.

mikelsch
05-09-2006, 07:57 PM
Game 1 complete
Creighton 3, NDSU 2

Game 2 starting soon. Live stats available on gobison.com

sambini
05-09-2006, 09:50 PM
THANKS GREENIE AND GO BISON+++++++++++++

lakesbison
05-09-2006, 11:54 PM
DAM.. CLOSE GAME!!

3-2??? shooot!!!

whats the 2nd game... score!!!

CMON BISON!!

Bisonguy
05-10-2006, 12:02 AM
DAM.. CLOSE GAME!!

3-2??? shooot!!!

whats the 2nd game... score!!!

CMON BISON!!

NDSU lost 3-0

Jeffdaryl3rd
05-10-2006, 01:05 AM
The Bison have really turned it on here in the last week. *While it would have been great to win one of these two close games, Creighton is a very good baseball school and in a week with a win against Minnesota and a 3-1 series win over SDSU, I'd say I'm pretty happy with this result. *Jake Laber with another CG, he has really come into his own here in the latter part of the year and he's still got his best baseball in front of him.

On a side note, congratulations on great careers to all the seniors who played their last home game today, wish I could have been there.

sdsportsfan
05-10-2006, 01:13 AM
I think it just goes to show how important being able to play home games is to any team. The SU's have had to travel a ton these past couple of years just to get all the games in. I also believe that you can attribute a little more field time to helping out. Being able to get outside most of the time has got to make for more consistent play. It will be interesting when the NCAA baseball goes to the uniform start date in 2008. That should level the playing field a little for teams from the North.