PDA

View Full Version : South Africa

roadwarrior
05-10-2006, 08:49 PM
I didnt know Mitch had a recruiting budget that went this far!

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=275561

Jeffdaryl3rd
05-10-2006, 09:29 PM
Whatever they have to do to get lefthanded pitchers on the roster I guess. They only have two lefties on the roster in Jake Laber and Pat Thielke, so they could use some help in that area. I'd be interested to know how he and Mitch hooked up to bring him on board, but the main thing is that we now have I believe seven signees already for next year, which is huge.

bisonball
05-10-2006, 10:15 PM
From what I understand, he wanted to come to SU for the engineering program and is a very good student. Hopefully he will be a nice addition to the squad

BisonCountry
05-10-2006, 10:38 PM
Well he definitely comes in with some unique experience. I got a chance to see him play in the WBC against the USA. He was 0-2 that day, but he was facing Roger Clemens!!! :)

Bison2248
05-10-2006, 11:01 PM
Wow, I guess once you go D1 there is no end to recruiting. This is gonna be great for the Bison.

sambini
05-11-2006, 01:57 AM
++++++++++++++++++

oclookinin
05-11-2006, 02:40 PM
I think the new assitstant coach is helping a ton with recruiting. Plus I hear the ladies think he is sexy. :o

Sticks
05-11-2006, 02:45 PM
I think the new assitstant coach is helping a ton with recruiting. *Plus I hear the ladies think he is sexy. :o

Who? *Mongo? * *;D

oclookinin
05-11-2006, 03:53 PM
yea right that might take some serious help. ;D

Sticks
05-11-2006, 04:02 PM
yea right that might take some serious help. * ;D
Self-proclaimed "Sexiest Pitching Coach" in the Northern League!! * :D

oclookinin
05-11-2006, 04:23 PM
ok i gotta get off the subject of how sexy BJ Griffith is and say good job recruiting boys and keep it up!!! get the jacks this weekend!

roadwarrior
05-18-2006, 08:28 PM
From Patrick Reusse of the Startribune:

Spanning baseball globe

Mitch McLeod, the North Dakota State baseball coach, received an e-mail a year ago from Shannon Ekermans, a pitcher/outfielder from Durbanville, South Africa.

"He said he was on South Africa's national junior team," McLeod said. "He was interested in us because of our engineering school."

Ekermans pitched for South Africa in the 2005 World Cup. "He pitched well against the Canadian team that was loaded with Northern League players," McLeod said. "That's what got us very interested."

Ekermans graduated from high school last fall. McLeod suggested he enroll and play this spring. The young man had another commitment: playing for the young South African team that participated in the World Baseball Classic in March. He went 2-for-9 as a hitter in the WBC. NDSU announced last week that Ekermans had signed a letter of intent to play for the Bison in the 2006-07 school year.

Sticks
05-19-2006, 01:29 PM
Wow, I guess once you go D1 there is no end to recruiting. *This is gonna be great for the Bison.

Mitch McLeod, the North Dakota State baseball coach, received an e-mail a year ago from Shannon Ekermans, a pitcher/outfielder from Durbanville, South Africa.

"He said he was on South Africa's national junior team," McLeod said. "He was interested in us because of our engineering school."

So in other words, he just fell into Mitch's lap...

Scooter
05-19-2006, 02:17 PM
Please insert the "Like Mike" Nike theme song while reading quote:

Wow, I guess once you go D1 there is no end to recruiting. *This is gonna be great for the Bison.

So in other words, he just fell into Mitch's lap...

End Nike theme song

And, the fact that we are a 1A baseball program with a good engineering program had nothing to do with it. ::)

You guys are truly a lost cause.

Sticks
05-19-2006, 02:57 PM
And, the fact that we are a 1A baseball program with a good engineering program had nothing to do with it.
Did you come to work stoned this morning? *That's exactly why this kid wanted to come to SU....I said it had nothing to do with MITCH, which it didn't. *You must READ what it written...

By the way, you referred to SU as "we." *Why all the scrutiny when I pinned you as a Bison fan?

Scooter
05-19-2006, 03:58 PM
The kid just didn't happen to fall in the coaches lap. *The kid wanted to come to NDSU because of the excellence, that's right, excellence of the school engineering program. *This implies a Windfall from previous efforts and accomplishments of the University. *Just falling in the coaches lap would be... Kid's parents move here and he enrolls in school because it's close to home. *(having nothing to do with the school's reputation) And, Oh, by the way I just happened to be a heck of a ball player.

Or anther example that you might understand. *Parrent get's reassigned for 4 years and has to take the choice*of going overseas or relocating to say... Grand Frorks ND air base. *The kid wants to be with his parents and still go to school and, oh, by the way, I'm a good athelete, coach. *See,these two senarios have nothing to do with the school at all. *That's where I take issue with your "just fell into" comment.

It's the same as when a very good football player seeks out, say, Arizona State University because he knows that they have a top notch architectual program. *That's a windfall from the accomplishments of the school Silly-Sioux-Fan. *The kid didn't willy-nilly fall into the coaches lap. *You don't think that (you) don't get some kids because of a program that (you ) offer?

I say WE because I am an ADMITTED BISON FAN. *Hell, I've shouted it proudly in a few posts. *It's the school in my community and the one I support by buying tickets and attending games. *Hell, they (WE) play in a Dome that I HAPPILY helped pay for with my sales tax dollars. (the best thing Fargo ever did, it's one hell of a multi-purpose facility)* I also say WE when my friends and I talk about the TWINS or VIKINGS. *So... shoot me.

This is an NDSU fan site (not tied to NDSU in any official capacity), you are not an NDSU fan so why the hell are you so fixated on this site?

Last comment deleted by Scooter because it was mean.

lakesbison
05-19-2006, 04:40 PM
CHECK THE LAST 10 POSTS..................ALL ARE WHINY B.TCHY DIALOG'S WITH UND FANS...

IGNORE THEM AND THEY WILL GO AWAY..... .

BISON FANS.. I IMPLORE YOU TO GO TIL END OF MAY WITHOUT A RESPONSE TO AN UND FAN ON THIS BISON SITE!!!!

.............. I DARE YOU..............IF EVERYONE DOES THAT I WILL NEVER USE CAPS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND ILL BUY THE BEER FOR THE NORTHEASTERN GAME FOR ALL OF YOU!!!

Scooter
05-19-2006, 05:07 PM
CHECK THE LAST 10 POSTS..................ALL ARE WHINY B.TCHY DIALOG'S WITH UND FANS...

IGNORE THEM AND THEY WILL GO AWAY..... *.

BISON FANS.. I IMPLORE YOU TO GO TIL END OF MAY WITHOUT A RESPONSE TO AN UND FAN ON THIS BISON SITE!!!!

.............. *I DARE YOU..............IF EVERYONE DOES THAT I WILL NEVER USE CAPS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND ILL BUY THE BEER FOR THE NORTHEASTERN GAME FOR ALL OF YOU!!! *
Back to top * *

*Check your blood pressure. *I used just ignore them, but then I was reminded that this site is here for entertainment. *It's kind of fun jousting with the (former) opposition when the comebacks are moderately intellegent or humorous. *I'm sure that UND92, or Katohtr, or USA_Hockey, aren't going to go off crying in their soup because of a post on this site. *This is all good natured jabbing. *Hell, acknowlege a good jab and go on with your life. *Their presence on this site is perplexing, but it's not going to make me jump onto their site either.

But, on the other hand...

If beer is involved I'll quit until June 2nd.

Sticks
05-19-2006, 07:18 PM
Check your blood pressure. *I used just ignore them, but then I was reminded that this site is here for entertainment. *It's kind of fun jousting with the (former) opposition when the comebacks are moderately intellegent or humorous. *I'm sure that UND92, or Katohtr, or USA_Hockey, aren't going to go off crying in their soup because of a post on this site. *This is all good natured jabbing. *Hell, acknowlege a good jab and go on with your life. *Their presence on this site is perplexing, but it's not going to make me jump onto their site either.

But, on the other hand...

If beer is involved I'll quit until June 2nd.

Agreed. *Most of this has been about who plays who, or "you're DII, we're DI" (which is gonna stay that way until "some people" get their poop in a group). *Until then I'm enjoying the minor bickering back and forth...it's quite entertaining.

Sticks
05-19-2006, 07:28 PM

IGNORE THEM AND THEY WILL GO AWAY..... *.

.............. *I DARE YOU..............IF EVERYONE DOES THAT I WILL NEVER USE CAPS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND ILL BUY THE BEER FOR THE NORTHEASTERN GAME FOR ALL OF YOU!!! *
Back to top * *

If you throw in the exclamation points as well, you might get yourself a deal! * *;)

Scooter
05-19-2006, 09:01 PM
can't reply.....Beer involved........