PDA

View Full Version : Best players?

formerplayer
06-07-2006, 02:57 PM
Let's get on a different topic, kind of sick of all the whining from people both ways :'( :'(

Who were the best Bison baseball players at their respective positions??
I'll try to name some from the recent past.

P: Mike Gunderson, Justin Fletchock, Mike Peschel
C:Tony Richards, Jason Brueske, Chris Baso
1B: Jason Hoff, Jason Loesch
IF: Jeremiah Piepkorn, Wade Whitworth, Brandon Olson, Scott Swanson, Ryan Perrault, Chuck Magadenz
OF: Matt Mann, Brian Schroeder, Todd Sather,
and many many more just starting the thread.....feel free to rip on the choices or add players.

formerplayer
06-07-2006, 02:59 PM
adding Neil Wagner and Ryan Breitbach to pitchers....oops

Sticks
06-07-2006, 06:53 PM
Kind of a stupid thread considering that there's at least 3 of you that are on this message board that played in the recent future, but I'll go with the flow (yes, I'm that bored at work). Oligmuller (probably spelt it wrong) was probably one of the best hitters at 1B, and should be considered for this list.

bison_baseball
06-07-2006, 07:30 PM
I might be off on some of the positions with the older guys like Whitworth...but here's my two cents!

C - Chris Baso, Tony Richards, Jason Brueske
1B -
2B - Wade Whitworth, Brandon Olson
SS - Jeremiah Piepkorn
3B - Ryan Perrealt
LF -
CF - Brian Schroeder
RF - Matt Mann, Corey Eckhoff

SP - Mike Peschel, Justin Fletchock, Mike Gunderson, Ryan Breitbach
RP - Neal Wagner, Todd Sather (when healthy)

DH - Jason Hoff

Jeffdaryl3rd
06-07-2006, 08:37 PM
I'm going to hit the way back button and throw out SP Bernie Graner. *He held pretty much all of the pitching records up until Peschel and Fletschock came along and holds/held a bunch of NCC records as well. *Also, Dick Marsden, who threw up a 0.67 ERA in 54 IP back in 1968. I would be remiss not to include Jeremy Oligmueler as well.

lakesbison
06-07-2006, 09:37 PM
Mike Gunderson Hands down.... I played with him..

he was Dominant and singlehandly (with help from loesch) got NDSU to the Regionals back in 96 I believe..

Mike made AAA for Diamondbacks and shouldve got a chance but didnt at MLB... bad coaches pissed him off down there..

But Mike hit for Power and Pitched at NDSU... bar none best player along with Piepkorn and Scott Swanson (<< LEGIT!!)

Best Rookie Party 901 College St. 1993... hands down!!! anyone remember the Vodka/Jalepeno/Beer 2 man BONG?? EWWWWWWWWWWW..

(NO DAM PARTY PATROL BACK THEN!!! FARGO PIGS SUCK!!)

bison_baseball
06-07-2006, 10:14 PM
Best Rookie Party 901 College St. 1993... hands down!!! anyone remember the Vodka/Jalepeno/Beer 2 man BONG?? EWWWWWWWWWWW..

Definitely not needed man.....especially with the hazing issues that are going around right now!!!

02Bison
06-07-2006, 11:20 PM
Mike
Best Rookie Party 901 College St. 1993... hands down!!! * anyone remember the Vodka/Jalepeno/Beer 2 man BONG?? * * EWWWWWWWWWWW..

With that kind of respect for authority its no wonder you had run-ins with the Police (yes that's POLICE). The police are not bad. Try respecting authority more and maybe you won't have problems with them. Just my two-cents. It just pisses me off when people call the very people who make our communties a safer place, "PIGS". Officers deserve more respect than that!

lakesbison
06-07-2006, 11:32 PM
no room for this police talk in here.. continue this with me in BISON COMMONS