PDA

View Full Version : Goltz Northern League Rookie pitcher of the year

boss
09-15-2006, 03:01 PM
Congrats Brandon on being named the NL Rookie pitcher of the year. This is the 2nd time in the last 3 years an NDSU BISON has won this award. Mike Peschel won it in '04.

Maybe the RedHawks will learn that giving NDSU guys a shot is better off than Concordia. To this point they have not.

Sticks
09-15-2006, 03:49 PM
Congrats Brandon on being named the NL Rookie pitcher of the year. *This is the 2nd time in the last 3 years an NDSU BISON has won this award. *Mike Peschel won it in '04.

Maybe the RedHawks will learn that giving NDSU guys a shot is better off than Concordia. To this point they have not.

Good point boss....I was thinking the same thing. There's been some quality talent at SU over the years, and F-M continues to tap the Cobber resources based on the 'Burgau' factor.

I've been looking for an excuse to why this kid has had a good year thus far, and can't find one. For some reason, based on his prior performances (NDSU) I wasn't all that impressed (please note that I do understand that NDSU has had a rough go of it in terms of D-I baseball, so that's a factor to weigh in when looking at his collegiate numbers). Apparently having Mongo around full time has done wonders for the kid, because putting up numbers like that in 18-19 starts, in that league is impressive. Congratulations.

boss
09-15-2006, 04:06 PM
Goltz always had the ability to shut teams down with his knuckle-curve, just too inconsistent. Putting together a string of 3-4 months worth of quality starts says a lot. He hasn't fared well in the playoffs but that doesn't take away from what he has done throughout the year.

Sticks
09-15-2006, 04:12 PM
Agreed. That honor is much harder to obtain than both him and Mike made it look in their respective seasons.

Jeffdaryl3rd
09-15-2006, 09:29 PM
Great to see that Goltz picked up this award. He's one of those players that you sort of knew would put it all together and be a very good pitcher if he could just keep playing somewhere and get the chance to throw some consistent innings. He's got filthy stuff and you couldn't find a better guy to pick up this award. Congrats Goltzy and keep mowing 'em down.

02Bison
09-19-2006, 04:23 AM
Its in his genes! Like Dave, Like Brandon....

sambini
09-23-2006, 06:32 AM
Congrats Brandon++++++++