PDA

View Full Version : Twins win division!!

broke_back_mnt
10-01-2006, 09:47 PM
Home field baby. Oakland. 8-)

sambini
10-02-2006, 02:12 AM
+++++++++++++++++++++

02Bison
10-02-2006, 03:24 AM
Those Pirahnas are fun to watch!

On a side note, did anyone watch ESPN and hear Jeff Brantley and John Kruk bashing/discounting the Twins? According to those two airheads, Morneau is not an MVP...Derek Jeter is. It made me nauseous listening to their East Coast bias and Yankee homer BS!

roadwarrior
10-02-2006, 01:20 PM
It was great to see Joe Mauer come through with a couple of hits on the final day to edge out Jeter for the AL batting title.

mikelsch
10-02-2006, 07:28 PM
Go Yankees

Sticks
10-02-2006, 08:10 PM
Go Yankees

Think I speak for Twins fans everywhere when I respond to that comment with a.....
http://www.firedoglake.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/05/punch.jpg

http://deavid.iespana.es/owned/stfu.jpg

IowaBisonToo
10-02-2006, 10:02 PM
Yankees are a bunch of pukes!!!!!!! I'd like to see what Steinbrener could do with the same payroll as the Twins/Oakland. He flat-out wouldn't make the playoffs while having a severe melt-down at the same time. Kruk and Brantley can kiss my hairy white a**. I would love nothing more than to see the Tigers sweep the Yanks.

This whole subway series crap is just that - crap! ESPN is already calling it. Who cares about New York? No way the Mets win the pennant. Mark my words. Not to mention the Twins win the pennant. I'm calling the Twins and the Dodgers. Pretty much sucks that because the Twins and Oakland are small-market teams, they're relegated to playing in the afternoon during the whole series. But, it's all about the money, isn't it?

IowaBisonToo
10-02-2006, 10:16 PM
Here's a breakdown of the number of picks for each team from the 17 ESPN "experts":

Team * * * * * * * World Series * * Pennant
Twins * * * * * * * * * * * *7 * * * * * * * * 9
Yankees * * * * * * * * * *6 * * * * * * * * 6
Oakland * * * * * * * * * *2 * * * * * * * * 2
Mets * * * * * * * * * * * * *1 * * * * * * * * 8
Dodgers * * * * * * * * * *1 * * * * * * * **5
Padres * * * * * * * * * * *0 * * * * * * * * 4
Cards * * * * * * * * * * * *0 * * * * * * * * 0

Here's the link: http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/playoffs2006/news/story?id=2610409

Mr._Bill
10-02-2006, 11:02 PM
Those Pirahnas are fun to watch! *

On a side note, did anyone watch ESPN and hear Jeff Brantley and John Kruk bashing/discounting the Twins? *According to those two airheads, Morneau is not an MVP...Derek Jeter is. *It made me nauseous listening to their East Coast bias and Yankee homer BS! *

Another reason to hate Brantley, although I didn't need another. The only way to shut those guys up is to win it all. Too bad HR is no longer with the group, he had some respect for the small market.

SDbison
10-03-2006, 04:59 AM
I hope the Twins lose. Kind of wierd saying this but if for some reason they get in the World Series the NDSU - U of M football game will go from a near packed dome to a echoing beast with 20,000 to 30,000 fans on Friday night. It will screw up thousands of hotel bookings and take away the focus of what could have been a huge game for coverage in the Minnepolis area. Yeah the Twins made a great effort to win the division, but why the heck is baseball still going on in late October. Too many regular season games in MLB. The season drags on. If they want to have it that late then they should make other arrangements if there are schedule issues. I believe the Bison - Gopher game has been scheduled for a year and a half now. I know it is only a possibility, but I would take the Bison beating the Gophers in the dome over the Twins winning the World Series. I would hope most NDSU fans would feel the same way. Sorry all you avid Twins fans, but in my mind football trumps baseball, especially in the fall. So heres wishing an early Twins departure. OK they can win the 5 game series, whatever they call it, but then lose the AL pennant.

Sticks
10-03-2006, 02:19 PM
I hope the Twins lose. *Kind of wierd saying this but if for some reason they get in the World Series the NDSU - U of M *football game will go from a near packed dome to a echoing beast with 20,000 to 30,000 fans on Friday night. *It will screw up thousands of hotel bookings and take away the focus of what could have been a huge game for coverage in the Minnepolis area. *Yeah the Twins made a great effort to win the division, but why the heck is baseball still going on in late October. *Too many regular season games in MLB. *The season drags on. *If they want to have it that late then they should make other arrangements if there are schedule issues. *I believe the Bison - Gopher game has been scheduled for a year and a half now. *I know it is only a possibility, but I would take the Bison beating the Gophers in the dome over the Twins winning the World Series. *I would hope most NDSU fans would feel the same way. *Sorry all you avid Twins fans, but in my mind football trumps baseball, especially in the fall. *So heres wishing an early Twins departure. *OK they can win the 5 game series, whatever they call it, but then lose the AL pennant. *

What a load of crap....

http://home.earthlink.net/~zola/moon.jpg

IowaBisonToo
10-03-2006, 02:46 PM
OK they can win the 5 game series, whatever they call it, but then lose the AL pennant. *
If the Twins win the first series, I would say the Bison game gets moved to Friday night. I don't think they will wait to see if the Twins win the pennant or not. If that series were to go 7 games, I believe that would take it to the 18th. That only leaves basically 1 day for the Bison/Gophs to rearrange the schedule/hotel rooms/travel plans/etc. So, you better hope the Twins lose this first series.

If you bleed green and yellow, you'll be at the game Friday night - I know I will! No reason people can't take off work a few hours earlier than originally planned. Yeah, I know. What about hotel rooms? Well, book Friday night now if you haven't and then cancel the night you don't need. It's called contingency planning. People might want to try it.

broke_back_mnt
10-03-2006, 03:13 PM
I think moving this thing to Friday would be the best thing for the upset. It would really put the Gophers out of their comfort zone.

MinotBison
10-03-2006, 10:27 PM
http://home.earthlink.net/~zola/moon.jpg[/quote]

The Twins lost this afternoon.

SDbison
10-03-2006, 11:20 PM
I hope the Twins lose. *Kind of wierd saying this but if for some reason they get in the World Series the NDSU - U of M *football game will go from a near packed dome to a echoing beast with 20,000 to 30,000 fans on Friday night. *It will screw up thousands of hotel bookings and take away the focus of what could have been a huge game for coverage in the Minnepolis area. *Yeah the Twins made a great effort to win the division, but why the heck is baseball still going on in late October. *Too many regular season games in MLB. *The season drags on. *If they want to have it that late then they should make other arrangements if there are schedule issues. *I believe the Bison - Gopher game has been scheduled for a year and a half now. *I know it is only a possibility, but I would take the Bison beating the Gophers in the dome over the Twins winning the World Series. *I would hope most NDSU fans would feel the same way. *Sorry all you avid Twins fans, but in my mind football trumps baseball, especially in the fall. *So heres wishing an early Twins departure. *OK they can win the 5 game series, whatever they call it, but then lose the AL pennant. *

What a load of crap....

http://home.earthlink.net/~zola/moon.jpg

Thanks Kato for reminding me.......UND fans are a "bunch of a$$es" just like the picture above. BTW, you know if UND was in the same position and your football fans realized a potential World Series game would screw up a big game with the Gophers they would feel the same way.

sambini
10-04-2006, 02:08 AM
Twins will bounce back.

kchats
10-09-2006, 02:53 AM
Or Not. I guess we'll have to see if they can win the division again next year and lose in the first round again.