PDA

View Full Version : kansas games moved back

bisonball
02-12-2007, 08:48 PM
the kansas games have been moved to sunday the 18th monday the 19th and tuesday the 20th

TheDoctor
02-13-2007, 05:45 AM
Luckily there was enough flexibility in both team's schedules to do this. I think these will be solid first games for the guys. :)

lakesbison
02-15-2007, 04:28 AM
HEY. HEY. lets get this baseball season started off right!!!!

lookin for a split baby!!

GO BISON!!

i want a BIG improvement from these guys this year.

TheDoctor
02-17-2007, 04:07 PM
The games got backed up yet again one more day because of the weather. Good luck Gentlemen!

2006gwfcchamps
02-19-2007, 03:17 PM
I didn't realize this but Kansas State's baseball field is fieldturf.

I had no idea they did that on baseball fields, but App State and Oregon State also have them.

There's not a single blade of grass or spec of infield dirt in the whole place:

http://www.fieldturf.com/baseball/highProfile.cfm?highProfileID=152

2006gwfcchamps
02-19-2007, 03:22 PM
My bad, I guess the pitching mound and the batting box are still dirt for whatever reason.

bisonpride2k
02-19-2007, 04:36 PM
I didn't realize this but Kansas State's baseball field is fieldturf.

I had no idea they did that on baseball fields, but App State and Oregon State also have them.

There's not a single blade of grass or spec of infield dirt in the whole place:

http://www.fieldturf.com/baseball/highProfile.cfm?highProfileID=152

It is new this year at KState and Oregon state. Washington was the first to do the entire field with the exception of the mound and plate in turf. It makes sense if areas where the weather can be suspect during the spring and turf is considerably easier to move snow.

bisonball
02-20-2007, 03:39 PM
I hope they actually play the doubleheader today, I am getting anxious to watch the games.

NDSUFREAK10
02-20-2007, 04:00 PM
geez, the more I look at these other college baseball stadiums the more I think that we might have one of the best in the country! at least top 5.

bisonball
02-20-2007, 04:11 PM
In the last two years we have traveled to many different stadiums and I would say Nebraska had by far the best stadium and a great crowd. Wichita State had a nice stadium and fan base, but I don't think the field was quite as nice as Newman.

2006gwfcchamps
02-20-2007, 04:16 PM
Winning would obviously help, and we can't start winning until baseball is fully funded.

But other than that, how do we make the NDSU home crowds look more like the Redhawks home crowds?

Is it just too cold for people to come out? Are the games too boring? What is it?

bisonball
02-20-2007, 04:20 PM
The weather should generally not be that big of problem considering the games are in mid-late april and may, but it seems the last two years we have been plagued by cold weather for our home games. We also do not bring in many big opponents other than the Gophers and Creighton, which is generally a problem with all of NDSU's sports. Teams generally want NDSU to come to their place for two years in return for one home date at NDSU the 3rd year.

bisonball
02-20-2007, 07:22 PM
Props to scheduling Kansas in mid-February....

finch901
02-20-2007, 11:09 PM
it looks like today's games were cancelled and it doesn't look good for tomorrow either according to GoBison.com

TheDoctor
02-21-2007, 04:32 AM
it looks like today's games were cancelled and it doesn't look good for tomorrow either according to GoBison.com

They used a HELICOPTER to try and dry the field and they still canceled. ;D ;D

bisonpride2k
02-21-2007, 07:59 AM
Winning would obviously help, and we can't start winning until baseball is fully funded.

But other than that, how do we make the NDSU home crowds look more like the Redhawks home crowds?

Is it just too cold for people to come out? Are the games too boring? What is it?

It is absolutely ZERO promotion from the school. Most of the people in the FM area have no idea that NDSU even has a baseball team. Let alone the fact that they have had about 20 guys move on to professional baseball at some level in the past 10+ years. They finally produced a poster schedule for the team last year that was not done by the coaching staff on there own and it still wasnt of the same caliber as the other sports (ever think of a Baseball/Softball schedule poster Marketing). You kill two birds with one stone that way. But I guess thats why they dont pay us the big bucks to think up EASY no brainer solutions like that. The student section is usually larger for baseball then it is for womens basketball, and Volleyball so the interest is there. Unfortunately the paying fans are out of the loop. If people knew about the games they would attend.

TheDoctor
02-21-2007, 08:34 PM
The last of the three games canceled today. So, no games against Kansas as they will not be made up. :-[

finch901
02-22-2007, 12:53 AM
i heard they were gonna shoot for march or april

mikelsch
02-22-2007, 04:26 PM
Not a good idea to schedule February-early March outdoor games in the Midwest :-/

TheDoctor
02-22-2007, 11:11 PM
Not a good idea to schedule February-early March outdoor games in the Midwest *:-/

+++++++++ ;)

bisonpride2k
02-23-2007, 08:30 AM
Not a good idea to schedule February-early March outdoor games in the Midwest *:-/

When Gene wont give you money for more then two flights what are you supposed to do. The schedule has been dictated by budget since the transition to DI. All the close schools are major conference opponents and in the upper midwest. It cant be helped. Give them money to fly wherever they want like basketball and softball and it will open up alot more options. Miami (yes that miami) had an opening last year that matched up with an NDSU opening and Gene wouldnt let them fly.