PDA

View Full Version : Bison at Iowa

DenverBison05
03-23-2007, 10:01 PM
Bison are tied 4-4 going into the 7th inning

DenverBison05
03-23-2007, 10:27 PM
Iowa score in the bottom of the seventh but the Bison strike back in the 8th to even the score at 5.
Its currently the bottom of the 8th.

DenverBison05
03-23-2007, 11:00 PM
With the score still 5-5, the game is going into extra innings. Hopefully we can pull this one out.

DenverBison05
03-23-2007, 11:20 PM
Now going into the 11th still 5-5. Come on Bison lets get a W.

cmav
03-23-2007, 11:25 PM
I would have made the trip if I thought the game would be so good. It's a beautiful day for baseball! Hopefully the guys cann put a W in the column today.

DenverBison05
03-23-2007, 11:29 PM
Its supposed to be a doubleheader today so hopefully we can pickup 2 wins. :)

DenverBison05
03-23-2007, 11:31 PM
We keep on getting a guy on second with 2 outs and not being able to score. :( *Going into the bottom of the 11th now.

DenverBison05
03-23-2007, 11:39 PM
Iowa steals home to win it in the 11th inning 6-5. *>:( Lets get them in the back half of the DH.

* * * * * * 1 *2 *3 *4 *5 *6 *7 *8 *9 10 11 * *R * H *E
-----------------------------------------------------------
NDSU * * 0 *1 *0 *0 *2 *1 *0 *1 *0 *0 *0 * *5 * 8 *2
IOWA * * 0 *1 *0 *3 *0 *0 *1 *0 *0 *0 *1 * *6 *8 *3
-----------------------------------------------------------

cmav
03-23-2007, 11:46 PM
Damn! I was hoping for good things from that game. Thanks for the updates, DenverBison! Looking forward to the 2nd game!

sambini
03-24-2007, 12:21 AM
Thanks Denver+++

DenverBison05
03-24-2007, 02:47 AM
Bison lose the second game 8-0 in seven innings. *Hopefully we can get a win tomorrow.

1 *2 *3 *4 *5 *6 *7 * R * H * E
--------------------------------------------
NDSU * * 0 *0 *0 *0 *0 *0 *0 * 0 * 2 * 3
IOWA * * 2 *0 *0 *0 *3 *3 *X * 8 * 12 0
--------------------------------------------

lakesbison
03-24-2007, 10:59 PM
Bison lose on saturday 3-5. another close loss.

I dont know whats wrong, gotta get some close wins!!

bisonpride2k
03-25-2007, 05:39 AM
Bison lose on saturday 3-5. *another close loss.

I dont know whats wrong, gotta get some close wins!!

I stated exactly what is wrong at the end of last weeks series. We can not EXPECT to win against major conference schools that are fully funded when we are not even funded at half. It is a hard thing to do being a Bison fan as we expect to be successful in everything. But the reality is everything we have been successful at in whatever level of competition during whatever decade, has also been because we have put our money where our mouth is. With baseball we haven't come close. We have alot of good players but lack the very important depth of great or above average players. Great example today, we are not able to go to the pen because it was depleated yesterday in the double header and have to ask Hille to try and get out of a jam already over 110+ pitches in a tie game because you feel he is your best option at that point. Why? Because we dont even offer half the allowed scholies, and with the self imposed roster limit we dont have the quality numbers of relief pitchers with Bushland and Williams on the shelf with injuries. In baseball, scholarships (or cash in the pros) equals pitching at every level, DI and DII. Why was the pitching inconsistant when we were in DII. Because we were dead last in sholarships in the NCC. Even worse then our NSIC counterparts SMSU, Winona, and Wayne State. Yes we want to see us pull out these close games but seriously can we expect anything besides close when comparitavely to the schools we have played the last three weeks our support isnt even close.

Mr._Bill
03-25-2007, 06:19 PM
Bison take the early lead 1-0 after the 1st in Sunday's game. *

Just wondering, is Langlais injured, or what is keeping him out of the lineup. *Just curious. Maybe becasue he is pitching?

Jeffdaryl3rd
03-26-2007, 11:30 PM
It is absloutely disappointing to have to see so many close losses like these every time I check up on the team. *A couple years ago when we started 0-20 or whatever it was, that was entirely on the players, not only those on the team but those who weren't because they didn't put the time and effort necessary into training, their school work, or both. *But this 2-13 start is not on the players, it is on decision makers in the athletic department. *The current lack of scholarships is a festering blemish on the face of the department and a fact that Gene, Lynn and everyone else should be embarrassed and ashamed of. *Why own a third of Newman if you are not committed to having a good team to put on it? *The fact of the matter is that this coaching staff and guys like Zimmerman, Mossey, Laber, etc who dedicated themselves to building this program in its first years of D-I deserve better. *The current problem is Gene Taylor and Lynn Dorn. *Period.

kchats
03-27-2007, 01:32 AM
Fundraising is still ramping up. I don't believe Team Makers has gotten to the point they want to and money distribution is probably still being worked on. Scholarships will come as the money gets up to where they can be afforded. Remember NDSU is still in a transition and has not reached the place they intend to be. NDSU will also be joining the Mid Con next year which should be very helpful with scheduling and hopefully lead to a better record.

Jeffdaryl3rd
03-27-2007, 01:51 AM
While we are still in the transition period, that is no excuse for the athletic department abandoning this program. Gene Taylor, who I otherwise support, has derelicted his duty to Mitch and this program. Stating otherwise just smacks of weak excuses.

kchats
03-27-2007, 02:06 AM
I don't know where NDSU stands in Title IX but how would adding scholarships to baseball affect that balance? Does adding baseball scholarships require adding a women's sport?

Hammersmith
03-27-2007, 03:35 AM
NDSU wasn't proportional going into the transition. Pushing football to 63 as quickly as possible just made things worse. I think the plan has always been: 1. Football and M/W Basketball for revenue. 2. Volleyball, Soccer, Softball - to compensate for football. 3. Improve remaining sports while maintaining proportionality. I might be wrong on some of the particulars, but I think the general idea is correct. It sucks for baseball, but, unfortunately, it's near the bottom of the priority list. I would hope things will improve in one to three years when the entire athletic department has achieved full funding.

kchats
03-27-2007, 03:39 AM
I kind of figured that. To get more scholarships for baseball NDSU will have to add a womens sport and that is even more money. I believe NDSU has the maximum allowed scholarships in all womens sports, correct?

Hammersmith
03-27-2007, 03:43 AM
I'm not sure. I don't think women's T&F/X-C and golf are fully funded, but that's just a guess and not based on hard facts. Maybe someone else on here has some solid information?

Anyone?

bisonpride2k
03-28-2007, 04:42 PM
Fundraising is still ramping up. *I don't believe Team Makers has gotten to the point they want to and money distribution is probably still being worked on. *Scholarships will come as the money gets up to where they can be afforded. *Remember NDSU is still in a transition and has not reached the place they intend to be. *NDSU will also be joining the Mid Con next year which should be very helpful with scheduling and hopefully lead to a better record.

#1 those are BS excuses, and #2 the fundraising part of it has nothing to do with any point that is being made by JeffDaryl. The transition excuse is a joke and here is hard facts why!!! When NDSU won the NCC in 2004 there were 3 full scholarships allowed. At that same time UNO, Mankato, St. Cloud, Southwest State, Winona, Wayne St (NE) were all at 7. Thats right SEVEN scholarships for baseball. Aren't these the same schools that over the years we have continually looked down upon because we are the all mighty Bison. The doesnt even tap into the MIAA the other conference in our region over that span that we had to compete against for regional berths. Central Mo, NWMS, PITT ST, Rockhurst all had 9 fully allowed scholarships. This was already 4 years ago and all schools that we feel we are supposed to be equal or superior to across the board. The fact of the matter is, had baseball had a post season structure of even just 6 teams and not even 8 like basketball and volleyball, they would have made the post season tournament in 1996, 1997, 2000, 2002, 2003, and 2004. Instead they were stuck in the 5 or 6 spot and missed out (in 96 and 97 they were #4 but the regional was only 3 teams). This team has been on the brink of success for the past decade with little to no support from the administration, so for those who have put there blood and sweat into it, it gets REALLY darn frustrating when you see we are so close but it is the same thing over and over. If those considered weaker NSIC counter parts are able to do it how in the world are we not able to be at that level now FOUR years later.

As far as Title XI is concerned, it is not a concern because of our male to female ratio of students. That helps that alot.

Jeffdaryl3rd
03-30-2007, 08:23 PM
#1 those are BS excuses, and #2 the fundraising part of it has nothing to do with any point that is being made by JeffDaryl. The transition excuse is a joke and here is hard facts why!!! When NDSU won the NCC in 2004 there were 3 full scholarships allowed. At that same time UNO, Mankato, St. Cloud, Southwest State, Winona, Wayne St (NE) were all at 7. Thats right SEVEN scholarships for baseball. Aren't these the same schools that over the years we have continually looked down upon because we are the all mighty Bison. The doesnt even tap into the MIAA the other conference in our region over that span that we had to compete against for regional berths. Central Mo, NWMS, PITT ST, Rockhurst all had 9 fully allowed scholarships. This was already 4 years ago and all schools that we feel we are supposed to be equal or superior to across the board. The fact of the matter is, had baseball had a post season structure of even just 6 teams and not even 8 like basketball and volleyball, they would have made the post season tournament in 1996, 1997, 2000, 2002, 2003, and 2004. Instead they were stuck in the 5 or 6 spot and missed out (in 96 and 97 they were #4 but the regional was only 3 teams). This team has been on the brink of success for the past decade with little to no support from the administration, so for those who have put there blood and sweat into it, it gets REALLY darn frustrating when you see we are so close but it is the same thing over and over. If those considered weaker NSIC counter parts are able to do it how in the world are we not able to be at that level now FOUR years later.

As far as Title XI is concerned, it is not a concern because of our male to female ratio of students. That helps that alot.

++++