SDSU 4 wins/8
Valpo 3 wins/4
Minot St 2 wins/2
Minnesota-Duluth 2 wins/2
Savannah St 2 wins/4
Northern Iowa 2 wins/5
Valley City St 1 win/1
Nebraska 0 wins/2

Total: 26-26 heading into the independent tourney.

Trimmy
12-17-2006, 06:59 AM
Hope you're right.

Jeffdaryl3rd
12-17-2006, 04:28 PM
I think that there is the possibility that they could actually win 30+ going into the tournament, but I'm not putting my money on that this year. I don't know that much about programs like Charleston Southern, Savannah St and Texas Pan American, but I think this is a pretty attainable win level I have laid out here.

89rabbit
12-18-2006, 01:38 PM
Here's how I see this working out:

Kansas 2 wins/3
Charleston Southern 2 wins/4
Kansas State 1 win/3
Creighton 2 wins/6
Iowa 2 wins/3
Texas Pan Am 1 win/3
Minnesota 1 win/2
SDSU 4 wins/8
Valpo 3 wins/4
Minot St 2 wins/2
Savannah St 2 wins/4
Northern Iowa 2 wins/5
Valley City St 1 win/1
Nebraska 0 wins/2

Are you serious? You have won something like 21 games total since the move to D-I. Did you add a lot of new/JC talent or something? :-?

Jeffdaryl3rd
12-18-2006, 02:40 PM
We added some new JUCO guys, but I'm basing this mostly on the fact that we actually have some upper classmen on this team, the guys we are going to lean on to carry the team are vastly improved and we are finally not playing such a murderous schedule. I'm sticking to this prediction, so at the end of the year there is the possibility that I will look like a total fool (as usual), but I'm thinking not.

89rabbit
12-18-2006, 03:12 PM
Fair enough. Good luck Bison.

Go State! :)

Mr._Bill
12-19-2006, 03:41 AM
Great schedule for 2007. The bison fan will be able to enjoy a lot of ball at Newman in April. I agree, the team should be much improved.

bisonpride2k
12-21-2006, 05:26 AM
We added some new JUCO guys, but I'm basing this mostly on the fact that we actually have some upper classmen on this team, the guys we are going to lean on to carry the team are vastly improved and we are finally not playing such a murderous schedule. *I'm sticking to this prediction, so at the end of the year there is the possibility that I will look like a total fool (as usual), but I'm thinking not.

Also add the return of Kole Zimmerman to the line up who would have made a big difference in last years team. He is going to bring .300+ and around 20 doubles that were badly missed last year in the middle of the lineup. As well as upperclassman leadership. The experience factor will be big for this team as players like Nick Schomer hit well over .300 the last month and a half of the season while strugling to stay above the mendoza line to start the year. The addition of key JUCOS to the pitching staff and depth at catcher are things that were lacking last year. Should be interesting to see how the season goes but they are definately much improved from two years ago when they were forced to start 6-7 freshman or new to college baseball two sport seniors regularily.

valpotx
12-21-2006, 03:37 PM
Kind of a stretch to take 3 of 4 from us, when I think it was the other way around last year (or we swept you). We did not lose many players at all from last year, which was a young team. Yes, I understand we are not a baseball powerhouse (having played on the team myself, and against you guys in the 2003-2004 season), but I imagine the best circumstance for you guys is a split.

Jeffdaryl3rd
12-21-2006, 11:36 PM
NDSU is getting better and by the time we are in the Mid-Con I have no doubt we will be constantly beating the crap out of you in baseball. *Actually, I'm going to go out on a limb and say the beat-downs start this year. *FYI, we have split 6 games over the past two years. Also, I was disappointed to see my boy Jon Rupno struggle last year. Good guy, good ballplayer, would have liked to see him go out on a good note.

On a non-smackish note, I saw freshman lefty Ben Briesacher throw a bullpen today while I was getting my throwing in and he looks pretty good. *Definitely has some significant things that Mongo can work out, but overall looked pretty good. *Pretty raw, but the things he doesn't do well are fixable things.

valpotx
12-22-2006, 03:31 PM
NDSU is getting better and by the time we are in the Mid-Con I have no doubt we will be constantly beating the crap out of you in baseball. *Actually, I'm going to go out on a limb and say the beat-downs start this year. *FYI, we have split 6 games over the past two years. *Also, I was disappointed to see my boy Jon Rupno struggle last year. *Good guy, good ballplayer, would have liked to see him go out on a good note.

On a non-smackish note, I saw freshman lefty Ben Briesacher throw a bullpen today while I was getting my throwing in and he looks pretty good. *Definitely has some significant things that Mongo can work out, but overall looked pretty good. *Pretty raw, but the things he doesn't do well are fixable things.

Don't know how you can assume you will "beat the crap out of us constantly," when we are an improving team as well. I don't think we will play you much once we are out of the Mid-Con, so it might not matter.

I know Jon, and he did struggle this past year after a good JR campaign. He was a surprise to a lot of people, having played JV ball his first year. He really came on from that point on (was always good defensively, initially had offensive issues).

Anyways, with us adding more scholarships in baseball with the move to the Horizon, and having a new coach, our program will turn around. The value of a free Valpo education will help in recruiting, once we can offer it to more people. There are not many people in the Midwest (compared to what I'm used to in TX) that have a realistic chance of going pro, so it is always hard to fight for those top recruits.

Jeffdaryl3rd
12-22-2006, 06:39 PM
Is it official that you are leaving the Mid-Con, or is it like us with the Gateway where we are just assuming it will happen and waiting around to get the official announcement?

valpotx
12-22-2006, 08:33 PM
Is it official that you are leaving the Mid-Con, or is it like us with the Gateway where we are just assuming it will happen and waiting around to get the official announcement?

We start play in the Horizon next year....it is the whole reason why 3 teams were admitted into the Mid-Con.

ORU_sisko
12-28-2006, 02:34 AM
Funny thing, I came through to check any pre-season smack talking...and its here!
You guys start early! Being an ORU baseball guy myself, I've seen valpo play.

It does seem that they have gotten less interested with baseball the past 5 years, and NDSU has become much more interested. I'll go out on a limb and say a split or a Valpo series win....

Maybe not a whole lot on defense, but Valpo can hit...believe that...

(my prediction was modified after remembering some of the games i Played against them.)

When Valpo gets more money into it, they will do alot better, they have good players, but "Not-so-much" on the resources.

As far as NDSU goes, I can't wait to play at your stadium, it looks great.

As far as ya'll taking two of three from Kansas, they got 40+ wins last years. Also, they are the defending Big 12 Tournament champions...

valpotx
12-28-2006, 02:35 PM
Yeah, as a former pitcher at Valpo, I can vouch for our really crappy defense!! It turned some easy plays into base hits by reading the ball wrong, leading to a boost in the good ole ERA. It almost seems like they don't teach defensive fundamentals in the Midwest, because defense seemed pretty crappy throughout the teams we played.

Our new coach seems to be a solid guy, so he should get us turned around once we get some more money pumped in. Even though we were always outgunned pitching-wise vs. you (ORU), we always put up a good fight (don't know when you played, but when I did in 2000-2004, we kept it close and won a couple). Our hitting has always been our strength, so hopefully Coach Woodson works on that D.

Jeffdaryl3rd
12-30-2006, 11:33 PM
My two of three from Kansas prediction I think might be the prediction I was shakiest on. I know they were better last year, but the year before when we played them they were not a good team at all. They kicked the crap out of us a couple times no thanks to themselves as much as the fact that we were just that dreadful that year. Kind of painful to remember. Also, I just don't really like the coaching staff ad KU, so I kind of hope that NDSU plays well against them.

sambini
04-08-2007, 04:26 AM
Here's how I see this working out:

Kansas 2 wins/3
Charleston Southern 2 wins/4
Kansas State 1 win/3
Creighton 2 wins/6
Iowa 2 wins/3
Texas Pan Am 1 win/3
Minnesota 1 win/2
SDSU 4 wins/8
Valpo 3 wins/4
Minot St 2 wins/2
Savannah St 2 wins/4
Northern Iowa 2 wins/5
Valley City St 1 win/1
Nebraska 0 wins/2

They got to turn this around and get hot to make your prediction? GO BISON++

Jeffdaryl3rd
04-08-2007, 07:13 PM
Yeah, we are totally screwed. Nice prediction.

bisonpride2k
04-08-2007, 09:14 PM
Yeah, we are totally screwed. *Nice prediction.

Potentially you are only 4 games off so far with all of the cancelations.