PDA

View Full Version : Track update

tony
02-05-2005, 03:33 AM
Track teams are doing exceptionally well.

Marques Johnson, Allen Burrell, Jared Essler, and Reece Vega set the school record in the 4x400 relay (indoor). *Craig Dahl placed 7th in the 60 hurdles. Kyle Herman took second in the heptathlon, and Marques took second in the two short sprints. I think the performance of the meet for NDSU came from Reece Vega though - 48.0 in the open 400. It didn't win the race, but the beauty of track is that you are running against yourself as much as the competition, and Vega's time was an extraordinary improvement, almost two seconds better than his time at the Gopher Open.

The women had a good meet too... they won the 4x400 relay and took second and third in the open 400. The 4x400 time was good for so early in the year but nowhere near a school record. Shanda Larsen, Sarah Neimann, Cody Halsey, and Nicole Rieck were in on that relay. Nice to see Larsen running again after being injured last year. Sarah Neimann and Nicole Rieck are really burning it up in their senior years.

Heck, it's just too much work to list all the excellent performances (didn't even mention the 800 runners).

Lots of great seniors on the teams. I wonder if that is tough on the coaches - how can they possibly replace those guys and gals?

NDSU_grad
02-07-2005, 05:56 PM
Track teams are doing exceptionally well.

Craig Dahl placed 7th in the 60 hurdles.

Has Craig Dahl ran track before?

KTF
02-07-2005, 08:21 PM
Yes, Craig was in track in HS. The football program was structured that if you were in football you had to be in track. Its odd but, they had some darn conditioned athletes.

NDSU_grad
02-07-2005, 08:27 PM
Yes, Craig was in track in HS. The football *program was structured that if you were in football you had to be in track. Its odd but, they had some darn conditioned athletes.

I meant for the Bison, sorry.

KTF
02-07-2005, 08:49 PM
I don't know then...

Bisonguy
02-07-2005, 09:51 PM
Yes, Craig was in track in HS. The football *program was structured that if you were in football you had to be in track. Its odd but, they had some darn conditioned athletes.

Fargo South was the same way. You had to be in an off-season sport, but most of the guys chose track because it helped conditioning and had less chance of injury.

somebison
02-12-2005, 01:27 AM
just watched Burrell and Johnson run 21.9's at the Iowa St Classic- they are fast. I also plan on checking out Kinsey Coles in the 800m and the mens 4X4 tomorrow.

somebison
02-13-2005, 02:50 AM
Kinsey Coles running unattached ran a time that would have qualified for DI indoor nationals at the ISU classic in the 800m, Marques got 10th in the 60m not bad considering Florida, Auburn, Ole Miss, Alabama, Oklahoma, Missouri, Kansas, Ohio St, Iowa, Iowa St, Oregon, Minnesota, Nebraska, Kansas St. and many other BCS schools were there. The men's 4X4 got second in the second heat. I think they got 7th. Florida won the 4X4 running a 3:03.95, which may be an indoor collegiate record

sambini
02-19-2005, 05:43 PM
I THINK DON LARSON DESERVES A GREAT DEAL OF CREDIT. HE RUNS A FIRST CLASS PROGRAM. AND HE MAKES THE UNKNOWN ATHLETE INTO SOMETHING SPECIALS. GONNA MISS WINNING THE NCC,BUT LOOKOUT D1 NO ONE IS GOING TO OUT WORK LARS AND HIS STAFF. ALSO RYAN GODFREY AND STEVIE KELLER FOR ALL THEY DO TO MOVING US UP THE LADDER. ;D

somebison
03-07-2005, 12:15 AM
The men's 4X4 ran a school record 3:10.24 saturday which would have qualified them for the DI indoors (if NDSU was eligible)

congrats guys

Bisonguy
03-18-2005, 06:13 AM
Nice article about the 4x4 team-

Bison relay team puts itself on map (http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=86261&section=Sports)

The quotes at the end of the article seem to show the student-athletes and coach Larson like this DI thing. ;D ;D ;D

Bisonguy
03-19-2005, 06:38 AM
Congrats to Andrew Aakre and a great perfomance in Coral Gables!!!!!! * :o :o :o :o

Aakre Wins Decathon Title at Hurricane Invitational (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=113657)

Bisonguy
03-20-2005, 05:02 AM
The rest of the Bison track team had a nice outing at the University of Miami- including Johnson winning the 400m, true freshman Riley Dolezal winning the Javelin, and the 4x4 team winning. Lots of other strong perfomances by the Bison, as well.

Dolezal Wins Javelin, Johnson Repeats at Hurricane Invitational in Miami (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=113762)

Hammerhead
03-29-2005, 04:28 AM
Three out of the top 4 in the men's 400m isn't too shabby. :o

sambini
04-07-2005, 03:23 AM
THIS IS ONE SPORT WHERE WE HAVE BEEN DOMINATE. LOOK HOW MANY NCC TITLES UNDER COACH LARSON AND ALL AMERICANS HES COACHED. WHO CARES ABOUT BASEBALL. THE SIOUX COULDN'T CARRY OUR EQUIPMENT BAG IN TRACK. CONGRATS TO COACH LARSON AND STAFF. RYUN GODFREY AND HIS STAFF. THIS IS ONE SPORT WHERE WE ROCK. GOOD LUCK AT THE DRAKE RELAYS IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS. CHECK OUT THE TRACK TEAMS AT HOME THIS WEEKEND. GO BISON.