PDA

View Full Version : Big Volleyball weekend at the BSA

kchats
09-06-2005, 12:06 AM
Looks like an incredible weekend for women's volleyball at the BSA. SDSU is also in the tournament so we need you Jackrabbit fans too. Fill the BSA for some great volleyball teams this weekend.

Here is the link:

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=186975

roadwarrior
09-06-2005, 12:46 AM
I'll do my best to cheer the volleyball team from Natchitoches, but I dont know how much that will help.

Big_BisonFan
09-06-2005, 09:01 PM
I will definitley be there. Volleyball is a good spectator sport and with the level of competition at the BSA, it is a can't miss. Hope there is good fan support.

sambini
09-07-2005, 03:43 AM
I'll be there. Great spectator sport. Good luck Coach Z AND LADIES.

Gamehunter
09-07-2005, 07:16 PM
I AM TAKING A GROUP OF ABOUT 10.

silkamilkamonico
09-08-2005, 02:54 AM
I will be there with about 30 girls on Saturday.

SHould be a fun match to watch.

89rabbit
09-09-2005, 11:05 PM
We rabbits have a home football game this weekend, not sure you will see many of the blue and yellow faithful up in Fargo, sorry. Although I did listen to the Jacks beat UW-Green Bay on the internet. 8)

Go State! *;D

kchats
09-09-2005, 11:14 PM
Good win for the Rabbits a 3 game sweep.

kchats
09-10-2005, 02:55 AM
How can you listen to the game? The link to the webcast takes you to Thunder Radio (NDSU's station)but then all it plays is some repetitive drum music that is extremely annoying.

sambini
09-10-2005, 01:24 PM
UW WAS AWESOME!

NoDakSt
09-11-2005, 02:07 AM
Bison win game one against UW-GB, 31-29. Lose game two 34-32. tight matchup!

D_One_here_we_come
09-11-2005, 04:46 AM
Volleyball needs to be better. Congrats for scheduling some big programs, but losses to Xavier, Virginia Commonwealth, Central Florida, Green Bay, SDSU, and Sam Houston St. We are 0-10, not to say we have to beat all of those other mid-majors but come on! We did grace them as the only women's program to be eligable for the NCAA tournament early.

silkamilkamonico
09-11-2005, 06:11 AM
Volleyball will be fine.

Their starting setter is hurt, and playing with an inexperienced freshman at that position can be an absolute killer to a teams confidence.

Zaundra's also not going with a set lineup. She's going with as many people as she can at this point and seeing who will be ready to step up once they are eligible for postseason play next year.

They have an extremely young team and a great coaching staff. They will be fine.

MinotBison
09-11-2005, 06:11 AM
Volleyball needs to be better. *Congrats for scheduling some big programs, but losses to Xavier, Virginia Commonwealth, Central Florida, Green Bay, SDSU, and Sam Houston St. *We are 0-10, not to say we have to beat all of those other mid-majors but come on! *We did grace them as the only women's program to be eligable for the NCAA tournament early. *

1. Please forgive my lack of knowledge, but what is meant by being eligible for the NCAA tourney early?

2. Are my eyes deceiving me, or are you the first female I've seen to post on this board?

Bisonguy
09-11-2005, 06:23 AM
1. *Please forgive my lack of knowledge, but what is meant by being eligible for the NCAA tourney early?

2. *Are my eyes deceiving me, or are you the first female I've seen to post on this board?

1)NDSU was allowed one men's and one women's sport (NOT football or basketball) to be DI postseason eligible after two years of postseason ineligibilty, as opposed to the required four years for all other sports. This rule change was mainly because DII and DIII schools are allowed to have one men's and one women's sport other than football or basketball to participate at the DI level (such as DI hockey at DII schools). The transition period for these single sports is only two years, as opposed to four years. NDSU chose volleyball and wrestling as their two sports to have earlier access to the NCAA postseason.

MinotBison
09-11-2005, 06:33 AM
Thanks.

NoDakSt
09-11-2005, 03:52 PM
baby steps...This is a rebuild year. I'm looking at some of the numbers the Bison Baby Brigade are putting up and I'm like...Wow!! Especially Lopez out of DGF. She could set quite a few records while she is wearing Bison Green and Gold.

sambini
09-12-2005, 12:12 AM
I agree they need some more gals like her.

IowaBison
09-12-2005, 01:49 AM
I went to the volleyball match on Friday with a group of six friends and had a blast.

The games were entertaining, especially the second, despite the certainty of lost.

Most importantly, the women seemed liked they were having a good time.

mikelsch
09-12-2005, 05:35 PM
Hopefully this young team will shore up its mistakes. Lots of serving problems and defensive lapses. Capable of playing well as evidenced by the second set against Washington and first two sets against UW-GB.

kchats
09-12-2005, 06:43 PM
Silkamonico stated the Bison setter it out injured so they are playing a freshman and she is learning on the job. In listening to the broadcast though it seemed like much of her problem was they were providing her with very good passes following returns.

silkamilkamonico
09-12-2005, 07:24 PM
I really didn't think their passing was that good at all. It was almost as if they were trying to compensate for the inexperienced setter with perfect passing and it wasn't happening.

They averaged 5 serve receive errors a game(not match) which resulted in aces for the other team, which is not good. That's 5 free points to the other team.

They could not get anything going out of the middle at all, which was evident in all the blocks and hitting errors on the outside.

SDSU on Sat. was running an extremely effective middle, which opened the court up for the outside hitters. They had the Bison backed up on defense all match.

I was kind of suprised by the lack of defensive movement from the Bison. Bina usually has very disciplined teams, and I would imagine she will be harping on them all week about their defensive movement.

sambini
09-13-2005, 02:30 AM
What did you think of the Washington setter? I thought see was awesome.

silkamilkamonico
09-13-2005, 05:55 AM
Setter was amazing. Notice how everything they ran on offense was low, out of the middle and on the outsides.

You get the other team's middle blocker focused on your middle hitter, and then shoot a low set to the outside, it makes it impossible for their middle to close on the outside blocker, leaving a single blocker on your outside hitter.

I remember watching them warmup hitting, and every hitter on that team would contact the ball a good 4+ feet above the net. I mean, how do you block that?

I know they are in early season and hadn't played much competition, but I guess the Bison's second game, when they lost 30-22 or so, was the most points anyone has scored on them in a single game thus far.

Pretty impressive team, and I also would have liked to see NDSU play the Gophers, just to see what kind of team they have also.

sambini
09-14-2005, 11:55 PM
Gophers can't be to bad. They took Nebraska to 5 games and lost.

D_One_here_we_come
09-19-2005, 06:03 AM
Volleyball won some games this weekend, getting better. Still looking for the first big W!

D_One_here_we_come
09-26-2005, 03:15 PM
Volleyball gets first W now 1-16! But we have one in the books!

sambini
09-27-2005, 02:07 AM
CONGRATS COACH Z AND LADIES..