PDA

View Full Version : Volleyball Recruits

RedRiver
11-09-2005, 09:39 PM
Kristen Kleven, a 6'2" middle hitter from Wahpeton, ND has officially signed with NDSU. Article is up on GoBison.com.

IH8daSioux
11-10-2005, 01:20 AM
that was announced in Sept.. in wahp/.breck and i think the forum.

shes good.

VOLLEY BALL will be FINE>. when KELLY LOPEZ in 100% and their setter..

KELLY LOPEZ IS TOP 50-75 of all NCAA DIV 1 girls

when her sister comes here in 2 years.. dam they'll be good!

sambini
11-10-2005, 03:38 AM
I heard the Gophers are interested in her little sister?

silkamilkamonico
11-11-2005, 05:59 AM
Kleven isn't a very good high school player.

I've seen her play 5 times this year, including Wahpeton's loss today to Fargo North.

I'm sure Bina sees something that she can develop in Kleven, and she knows more about what's going on then I do obviously so I won't question, but man, Kleven doesn't stand out in North Dakota high school by any means.

She isn't a very strong hitter at all. She resorts to tipping when the match becomes close, and she can't play defense or pass at all.

She is however a pretty good blocker because of her size and reach, but if the Bison are hoping she makes an impact in the next year or two, Kleven will have to come a long way with her hitting.

See Yuz.

sambini
11-12-2005, 03:57 AM
Good scouting info Silk.

Jeffdaryl3rd
11-12-2005, 07:58 PM
I think it is going to take more than just one or two recruits to turn this ship around. Regardless of who was hurt or playing out of position, or who they sign for next year, this team is clearly in way over its head at this early stage. 4 wins against opponents with a cumulative record of 33-94 (.256). Ouch.

kchats
11-12-2005, 11:01 PM
Volleyball is doing well in the division I independent tournament again. They are playing in the 5th place match tonight. Maybe next season they can use this as something to build on.

silkamilkamonico
11-13-2005, 12:30 AM
I think it is going to take more than just one or two recruits to turn this ship around. *Regardless of who was hurt or playing out of position, or who they sign for next year, this team is clearly in way over its head at this early stage. *4 wins against opponents with a cumulative record of 33-94 (.256). *Ouch.

I wouldn't say that.

They are playing with basically the exact same team they had last year with the exception of the setting position.

They finished strong last year. I refuze to believe that all the players regressed over the summer.

They are a team that has dealt with adversity all season.

See Yuz.

kchats
11-13-2005, 02:52 AM
Volleyball won the 5th place match in the division I independent tournament tonight. They beat Providence I believe. They ended the season at 5-32 but had three wins this weekend in the tournament. That tells me that we match up well with the other independents.

Bisonguy
11-13-2005, 03:10 AM
Volleyball won the 5th place match in the division I independent tournament tonight. *They beat Providence I believe. *They ended the season at 5-32 but had three wins this weekend in the tournament. *That tells me that we match up well with the other independents.

They also won a few games in their losses, which is a bit of a good sign.

jackmd
11-13-2005, 03:14 AM
Positive spin, Jacks playing in chamionship tonight agains Utah Valley St. Not sure of the outcome.

Bisonguy
11-13-2005, 03:15 AM
Positive spin, Jacks playing in chamionship tonight agains Utah Valley St. *Not sure of the outcome.

Best of luck to the Jacks!

kchats
11-13-2005, 03:16 AM
Good luck Jacks bring the championship home to the dakotas. ;D

sambini
11-13-2005, 10:39 PM
GOOD LUCK COACH Z IN THE NEXT SEASON...

mikelsch
04-13-2006, 05:30 PM
http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=267667

4 New Players for 2006 season

Mattie Johnson - MN 3A all-state setter for Lakeville North
Kristen Kleven - early MH signee from Wahpeton
Stacy White - transfer from Weber State, Right-side hitter, has 1 year of eligibility remaining
http://departments.weber.edu/athletics/Volleyball/Profiles/White_Stacy.htm
Lacey Bunkelman - transfer from UW-Stout, , outside hitter, has 3 years of eligibility remaining
http://www.uwstout.edu/athletics/vb/profiles/wvbprof.html

Both transfers have been involved with spring workouts

tcbison
04-13-2006, 05:51 PM
It is good to have a setter! Sounds like Mattie Johnson will be able to get right in there and start right away.

We are very excited to add Mattie to our program," Axel said. "Mattie is one of the top setters in the Midwest and plays for one of the best Junior Olympic club programs in Minnesota. We will look to Mattie to make an immediate impact on our program and expect her to step into the setter position as a freshman."