PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Coach Hinterstocker

tcbison
05-01-2006, 09:14 PM
A big welcome to Coach Hinterstocker! :) Looking forward to seeing how the volleyball program develops in the coming years. Go Bison!

roadwarrior
05-01-2006, 10:37 PM
Welcome to Fargo!

(The press conference audio is available on gobison.)

Jeffdaryl3rd
05-01-2006, 11:33 PM
Former assistant at Alabama, I'm pretty impressed. I guess when the search process started I wasn't real optimistic that they'd be able to hire someone from a big-name school, but I think that this is a good hire and hopefully he gets this program turned around quick.

DIBISON
05-01-2006, 11:54 PM
It was good to hear him say tonight on TV sports that his concern about conference membership was alleviated by President Chapman and the AD's. They told him to expect membership soon!!

kchats
05-02-2006, 12:55 AM
Welcome aboard Coach. Sounds like a very good hire. He has recruited the area previously and is a very good coach in developing skills with the players. I think having a division I coach for this position will be very helpful since the game is played very differently at the division I level. Much more happening above the net with more powerful hitters. I think the Bison volleyball team will have a very good season next year. I hope the Bison get into the Mid-Con so I can watch the teams play at UMKC here in Kansas City.

pancake83
05-02-2006, 03:43 AM
I was by the BBF today, and I saw the team getting some hard work in from Coach H already, not that they needed hard work, they have been working hard all spring, but at least the girls can get a week of practice in and get used to the new coaching style that Erich brings to the table.
Go Bison!

imabison
05-02-2006, 04:08 AM
I was by the BBF today, and I saw the team getting some hard work in from Coach H already, not that they needed hard work, they have been working hard all spring, but at least the girls can get a week of practice in and get used to the new coaching style that Erich brings to the table.
Go Bison!

I listened to the audio of the press conference, and the sports. It sounds like there should be some great excitement in the NDSU Volleyball program. Hearing the volleyball player saying that up front he asked the team to be her this summer to workout with weights impressed the girls very much.

Go Bison.

kchats
05-02-2006, 04:16 AM
You hear Coach Bohl talk about it all the time. Division I is a different animal the players need to have their heads and bodies into their sport year around if they want to succeed and therefore have the team succeed. Look at all the football players that stay on campus all year around, I'm not positive but I think the men's basketball team probably spent the whole year at NDSU as well. I know Amy Ruley always said her best teams were that way because she didn't have to do much prodding to get the players to workout all year. I hope the entire athletic department is getting the players committed to their crafts for entire year because that will lead to more victories when their seasons begin.

tony
05-02-2006, 06:34 AM
I wish the VB program and Coach Hinterstocker the best of luck.

NanoBison
05-02-2006, 07:06 AM
Ditto.

RedRiver
05-02-2006, 01:13 PM
It was good to hear him say tonight on TV sports that his concern about conference membership was alleviated by President Chapman and the AD's. *They told him to expect membership soon!!

I liked the comment in the paper today about conference membership being just around the corner and that President Chapman was the closer in the deal. Good to see the President actively involved if needed.

mikelsch
05-02-2006, 03:57 PM
One of the most impressive things about the new coach is that Alabama and UW-GB never made the NCAA tourney until he joined their respective coaching staffs.

On Prime Time Sports last night he mentioned that he spent last weekend recruiting in Minneapolis and this weekend he will be recruiting in Wisconsin. He brought 5 midwest recruits to Alabama in his 2 years to help build their program. Good news for the Bison because there should be 5 scholarships open after this next season with 5 seniors on the team.

Coach Hinterstocker would have been at the top of the list if he was in the initial pool of applicants. He was the best candidate that was brought on campus and was worth the wait. I am looking forward to a successful season.

sambini
05-03-2006, 02:57 AM
WELCOME TO NDSU AND FARGO COACH+++++++++++++++++++

NDFAN2
05-04-2006, 05:56 PM
Welcome to Fargo Coach!

tcbison
05-04-2006, 06:12 PM
Welcome to Fargo Coach!

Welcome to Bisonville NDFAN2!

NDFAN2
05-04-2006, 06:14 PM