PDA

View Full Version : Volleyball schedule

roadwarrior
06-14-2006, 09:21 PM
The 2006 schedule is not posted on gobison, but I am sure that it was there previously. I wonder if coach Hinterstocker is working on making some changes to it? The original one did not have very much happening at home.

kchats
06-15-2006, 02:09 AM
Maybe he is adding Alabama and Wisconsin-Green Bay to the schedule. :D

sambini
06-15-2006, 02:45 PM
IT WOULD MAKE SENSE++++++++++++

mikelsch
06-15-2006, 03:19 PM
He was trying to modify a few games to help make the schedule more travel friendly. I wouldn't expect too many changes for his first season. Home matches should improve in year 2, especially if the Mid-Con adds NDSU for 2007-2008.

NDFAN2
06-27-2006, 04:26 PM
Does anyone know when the schedule will be posted?

mikelsch
06-29-2006, 08:45 PM
2006 schedule posted now
http://www.gobison.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&KEY=&SPID=696&SPSI D=11882

Home matches on Oct 14, 15, and 21 vs. UVSC, SDSU, and UTPA respectively. *Indy tournament in Fargo on November 10 and 11.

The Mid-Con and having coaching stability will certainly improve the home schedule for future years

sambini
06-30-2006, 02:05 AM
THANKS GREENIE+++++++++

tcbison
06-30-2006, 01:42 PM
2006 schedule posted now
http://www.gobison.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&KEY=&SPID=696&SPSI D=11882

Home matches on Oct 14, 15, and 21 vs. UVSC, SDSU, and UTPA respectively. *Indy tournament in Fargo on November 10 and 11.

Looks like we play more games in Brookings than we do in Fargo before the Independent tournament. Let's hope we can get into the Mid Con next year and get some more home games.

imabison
06-30-2006, 05:33 PM
2006 schedule posted now

Looks like we play more games in Brookings than we do in Fargo before the Independent tournament. Let's hope we can get into the Mid Con next year and get some more home games.

To borrow a phrase from road +++++++++++++++++++++++

roadwarrior
06-30-2006, 05:34 PM
Hey, Sambini should get credit for that ;D

silkamilkamonico
06-30-2006, 06:58 PM

I was curious about that too. I wonder how much of this was a byproduct of what happened with Bina, finding a coach, and keeping conscious efforts away from scheduling during the offseason.

roadwarrior
06-30-2006, 07:24 PM
I have heard that some schools which Bina had scheduled for this fall, dropped their date with us after she left. Coach Hinterstocker arrived too late to change much in the way of scheduling.

In the Mid-Con at least we will have a home match against each of the schools participating in volleyball.

sambini
06-30-2006, 09:37 PM
THANKS FOR THE INFO ROAD+++++++++++++++++++=

IowaBison
07-10-2006, 03:16 PM
Have to admit I'm a disappointed by the schedule and won't be renewing my season tickets.

The only match of the three I can make is the SDSU one. I'll probably go to quite a few of the Indy Tourny matches though.

I wish Coach H and his squad the best of luck in this and all future seasons (it'll be strange if/when we get in the Mid-Con and have a real home schedule).

roadwarrior
07-10-2006, 04:07 PM
Coach H was hired too late to do much to improve the schedule for 2006. The next year should be much better with home matches against all of the Mid-Con schools that have volleyball. Maybe by attending all of these tourneys the past couple of years, the Bison are earning a bunch of returns to Fargo by some of those teams.

rabidrabbit
07-11-2006, 12:13 PM
2006 schedule posted now

Hey Bison! The Bunnies try to help you through tough spots!!! ;D Not a great schedule, reminds me of the Jacks' 2006 home football schedule (where's the puking pumpkin when needed, LOL). Looking forward to the Lady Bison getting themselves a decent home and away arrangement, and the challenging play that they've exhibited in the past.

kchats
07-12-2006, 02:16 AM
I think Coach Hinterstock will get the ladies ready to play. It will be very interesting to see how the style of play is different this season. Adding a coach with European playing experience will be helpful since many of the programs NDSU plays are loaded with European players. Can't wait to see how the season goes. I am expecting a fairly successful season with less 3 match sweeps and a few wins that could be considered upsets this season.

sambini
07-12-2006, 04:07 AM
+++++++++++++++++++++++

lakesbison
07-18-2006, 06:46 AM
NOT 1 BIG TEN TEAM!?!

how embarassing..

why the HELL.. isn't Taylor makin sure.. that ALL our teams play Minnesota Wisconsin or Iowa on a regular basis /?

thats just not right

IowaBisonToo
07-18-2006, 01:55 PM
NOT 1 BIG TEN TEAM!?!

how embarassing..

why the HELL.. isn't Taylor makin sure.. that ALL our teams play Minnesota Wisconsin or Iowa on a regular basis /?

thats just not right
lakes . . . I didn't realize that Iowa left the Big Ten. :-? *Because if they haven't, the Bison play them in the Bluejay Invite down in Omaha on Sept. 1. *Make sure you look at the schedule closely before you start flippin' out. 8-)

Besides Iowa, they have two matches against Pac 10 teams, too. *The schedule might not be the greatest in the world but it's not to shabby either.

IowaBison
07-18-2006, 02:34 PM
In my opinion, the schedule is great, unfortunately almost all of its greatness is on the road.

The first day of the DI Indy Tournament is Nov. 10 (Veteran's Day Observed). Good day to go watch the women.

sambini
07-19-2006, 12:16 AM
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

gwendel
07-19-2006, 03:07 PM
The schedule might not be the greatest in the world but it's not to shabby either.

After last year's mediocre season, we don't need "the greatest in the world."

"Not too shabby" is a nice, comfortable, respectable schedule. A nice place to regroup and build confidence.

sambini
07-20-2006, 03:56 AM
Good Luck COACH H AND LADIES IN THE 2006 season++++++++++++++++++++++

silkamilkamonico
07-28-2006, 04:00 PM
NOT 1 BIG TEN TEAM!?!

how embarassing..

thats just not right

You need to recheck the schedule, and be more careful how you post or you'll continue to look like a jackazz.

sambini
07-28-2006, 04:58 PM
Silk nothing wrong with playing teams from the PAC 10 right? The national champion came from the PAC 10.

silkamilkamonico
07-28-2006, 07:08 PM
Silk nothing wrong with playing teams from the PAC 10 right? The national champion came from the PAC 10.

I totally agree....

1)although the Big 10 has a great program with UofM, the Pac 10 is by far the best conference for college volleyball, just because of location, tradition, talent base, etc. Playing those teams, and that competition, is going to give the program (coaches as well as the players) a first hand look at just what it takes to be successful.

There's nothing better for players (as a learning tool) then seeing the dedication, demeanor on the court, and mainly expectations that the players have on the court firsthand.

2)as far as LAKESIDES comment about scheduling goes, I hardly believe for one second that Taylor isn't doing anything he can to get a game with Minnesota. The only problem is alot of colleges lost a little respect for NDSU with the way they dealt with the Bina situation.

I was talking to 90's all american setter Pam STencil (Johnson) over the weekened, and she mentioned that Bina didn't see it coming at all, was completely shocked, and has absolutely no intentions to get back into the coaching profession any time soon.

Coach Hinterstocker will bring the program back up to respectability, and I believe will lead them into D1 and be more then just competitively, but NDSU did lose more then just a coach when they decided to move on without Bina. They lost credability with other Universities in the short term (they will get that back), and they also lost alot of great connections that Bina had around the coaching circles.

Considering what the program has gone through, to make a comment about Taylor and the scheduling like LAKESIDE has is way off base and disrespectful to NDSU and Gene Taylor, IMHO.

TheDoctor
07-28-2006, 08:20 PM
lakes . . . I didn't realize that Iowa left the Big Ten. :-? Because if they haven't, the Bison play them in the Bluejay Invite down in Omaha on Sept. 1. Make sure you look at the schedule closely before you start flippin' out. 8-)

Besides Iowa, they have two matches against Pac 10 teams, too. The schedule might not be the greatest in the world but it's not to shabby either.

When have you not know lakes to just flip out. *He flips out first and never comes back to appologize when he's wrong. *Right Lakes? * ;D *Any word on how Woody's hand is healing by the way??? * *;)

sambini
07-28-2006, 08:55 PM
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

NDFAN2
08-15-2006, 01:49 PM
There was a short segement on Fox news last night on the volleyball team. Only 1 setter on the roster. Otherwise, the other players seem pretty happy with the new system.

RedRiver
08-15-2006, 05:34 PM
There was also a segment on WDAY sports last night. The coach said that they put in a new system for the team to better fit the returning player's profiles of being shorter but athletic. There are only 2 members taller than 6'2".

sambini
08-15-2006, 10:51 PM
Nice article today in the Forum.

kchats
08-18-2006, 12:16 AM
There was also a segment on WDAY sports last night. *The coach said that they put in a new system for the team to better fit the returning player's profiles of being shorter but athletic. *There are only 2 members taller than 6'2".

I would be interested in hearing how a system in volleyball can cover for a lack of height. I didn't get to see the report. How do they plan to scheme around this lack of height.

IowaBison
08-18-2006, 12:50 PM
I was over at the BBFH and took this shot:

http://www.nyusporttaekwondoclub.bravehost.com/images/shoulders.jpg

NDSU_grad
08-18-2006, 05:07 PM
There was also a segment on WDAY sports last night. *The coach said that they put in a new system for the team to better fit the returning player's profiles of being shorter but athletic. *There are only 2 members taller than 6'2".

I would be interested in hearing how a system in volleyball can cover for a lack of height. *I didn't get to see the report. *How do they plan to scheme around this lack of height.

Maybe they plan on jumping higher.

mikelsch
08-18-2006, 06:46 PM

I would be interested in hearing how a system in volleyball can cover for a lack of height. *I didn't get to see the report. *How do they plan to scheme around this lack of height.

Playing a faster offense is the plan. *This is the new coaching staff's style regardless of size. *

I was at the scrimmage/luncheon earlier this week, and I noticed a much quicker pace than last year. *I was impressed with freshman setter, Mattie Johnson. *She already seems to have a good understanding where certain players like the ball, and does a good job mixing things up. *I also noticed a very positive, talkative, and upbeat group of players. *It appears that they enjoy playing volleyball again and are excited for the season. *This team will have a better season than most people expect, and don't be surprised to see around a 16-15 record.

silkamilkamonico
08-18-2006, 06:59 PM

Focus on defense, whether it's positioning or reading.

I've seen small teams completely take over matches against big hitting teams by keeping the ball in play. It's frustrating to a big hitter to know that balls that are usually kills are being dug up and kept in play. They start swinging harder, lose their technique and composure, and hit the ball in the net.

Alot of different ways to win a volleyball game.

sambini
08-18-2006, 11:00 PM
SCRIMMAGE AT THE BBF TUESDAY AT 7:00 .

kchats
08-19-2006, 01:40 AM
Thanks for the insight guys. I hope to see the Bison play somewhere near here this year.

sambini
08-22-2006, 03:20 AM
Good Luck this season Coach H,STAFF, AND PLAYERS++++++++++++

mikelsch
08-25-2006, 08:17 PM
I don't know the scores, but SDSU just beat NDSU 3-2 in what I am hearing was a very competitive match. *Congrats to the Jacks, and good effort by a short-handed Bison team (Lopez out with hamstring injury, Kleven and White out too). *NDSU plays Washington State later today at 5:30. *Wash St beat Gonzaga 3-1 earlier today.

Found em: 13-30, 30-25, 30-22, 22-30, 9-15
http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11882&SPID=696&DB_OEM_ID=24 00&ATCLID=575357

Yikes...NDSU only used 7 players for most of the 5 sets. *Hope they have something left for the Cougars.

kchats
08-26-2006, 02:13 AM
Like I said Coach Hinterstock is going to get the women playing well and they are going to win games in the matches even if they don't win the match. That is an encouraging performance by a shorthanded team. Keep up the good work and keep improving.

sambini
08-26-2006, 03:37 AM
The Jacks got us tonite 3to 2.

tcbison
08-31-2006, 08:37 PM
The schedule for volleyball will be much better next year with the Mid-Con announcement. Coach H and the girls have to be excited about that. Go Bison!

sambini
08-31-2006, 09:10 PM
++++++++++++++++++++++ GOOD LUCK AT CREIGHTON THIS WEEKEND.