http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=622752

sambini
10-04-2006, 02:04 AM
GOOD LUCK BISON +++++++++++

Ivy
10-07-2006, 01:52 AM
Bison Win 3-0 over IUPUI!!
30-27, 30-21, 30-27

They are really on a roll. *Can't wait to see the games next weekend.

NoDakSt
10-07-2006, 07:15 AM
Write up from IUPUI site.

http://www.iupuijags.com/Volleyball/Womens/2006_2007/vb_ndsu_10606.html

bisoneer
10-08-2006, 04:13 AM
Great job vball team, keep it up and go get em!!!!! :)

sambini
10-08-2006, 04:30 AM
Nice wins this weekend Bison+++++++++++

kchats
10-08-2006, 04:32 AM
What kind of record will the Bison need to be eligible for the postseason this year? Do they have a chance if they keep winning?

NoDakSt
10-08-2006, 06:53 AM
Bison win as records fall...defense was the name of the game in a 3-1 win over IPFW as five players had double digit digs and 3 had 20+ digs. Bison have a 6-0 win streak.

sambini
10-08-2006, 02:50 PM
How many teams make the tourney?

NoDakSt
10-08-2006, 03:38 PM

kchats
10-08-2006, 03:46 PM
How many at large bids? If NDSU keeps winning they might have a shot. I really like what Coach Hinterstock has done with the program. It is hard to believe this is the same (mostly) team as last year. Yes they have added a new setter (a true freshman) but other than changing the way they play and the system he hasn't added a ringer or anything like that. I am really impressed and can't wait to see the players he adds when he recruits for his program. Great job Coach and Ladies keep it up you are making Bison fans proud with the way you play and how you represent the university. ;D

NoDakSt
10-08-2006, 03:54 PM
It is hard to believe this is the same (mostly) team as last year.

It's hard to believe they are playing so well without Kelly Lopez. This current team and the coaching staff are full of heart.

roadwarrior
10-08-2006, 08:07 PM
The Bison host the independent tournament in Fargo in November.

cabis
10-08-2006, 08:30 PM
How many at large bids? *If NDSU keeps winning they might have a shot. *I really like what Coach Hinterstock has done with the program. *It is hard to believe this is the same (mostly) team as last year. *Yes they have added a new setter (a true freshman) but other than changing the way they play and the system he hasn't added a ringer or anything like that. *I am really impressed and can't wait to see the players he adds when he recruits for his program. *Great job Coach and Ladies keep it up you are making Bison fans proud with the way you play and how you represent the university. ;D
All our teams except football are in about the same position regarding post season. As we all know football Division 1 is split into 2 divisions, so football does not compete directly with the top 119 or so programs for post season opportunity. The rest of the programs, (volleyball, M & W basketball, soccer etc) all compete for similar post season setups. The tournaments have 64 teams with the 32 +/- conference champions getting autobids. That leaves 32 at large bids per tournament. Given that the conference champions from the weakest 20 or so conferences would not be ranked high enough to get in without the autobid, you can do some quick arithmetic and figure you have to be ranked in about the top 50 nationally to get an at large bid. To get there you have to play and beat a lot of the top teams. That is why there is so much emphasis on strength of schedule in these sports and why it is difficult to get top level teams to play here. I am not sure of the exact rating of the volleyball team but I am guessing in the bottom 100 and the majority of their remaining games are against fellow independant teams also in the bottom 100 so even if they run the table the chances of an NCAA berth are negligable. That is why conference affiliation is so important and the strength of the conference as well. I am happy to be in the MidCon next year but we should always be striving to improve our conference affiliation as well. The MVC should be our next goal as it provides a high enough strength of schedule in its conference games to give teams a realistic shot at at large bids as well as the autobid for the Champion.
Just for info purposes last year in volleyball, there were 31 conference champions and 33 at large selections. Of the 33 at larges 6 went to the Big 12, 5 each to the Pac 10, Big 10 and SEC. That leaves 12 for everybody else. We are definately competing with the Big Dogs here!

DG_Moore
10-08-2006, 10:41 PM
This isn't about volleyball but one of the nice things (of many) about track and field is that regional and national competition is on a time, height, or distance basis for individuals and relays and not otherwise on a team basis. The qualifying times for the regionals are about the same as the Division II qualifying times for the national; so when the five years are up we will have people in post season competition every year. I doubt if we will be in a very difficult region although I don't really know.

sambini
10-08-2006, 11:27 PM
Lets have some nice crowds for the women this weekend too. They deserve it++++++++++++