PDA

View Full Version : Bison down UVSt 3-1

NoDakSt
10-15-2006, 12:10 AM
Fans were doing the worm....

1600 on hand.

Bison win 30-26, 26-30, 32-30, 30-23.....

kchats
10-15-2006, 01:17 AM
Looked like a good crowd at the game on the GoBison.com All Access webcast of the game. It was readily apparent how much better the team is this year than last year. Coach Hinterstock has them playing great defense. He has also cut down on the unforced errors that hurt the team last year. Great job Coach and Ladies. Keep up the great work. Let's keep winning and see if we can sneak into the tournament. ;D

sambini
10-15-2006, 01:22 AM
WHAT A DIFFERENCE A YEAR HAS MADE. Really enjoyed watching this team today. Were going back tomorrow. Well done Bison+++++++++

BisonSig
10-15-2006, 03:27 AM
Wow,

Great team effort. At least 4 players with more then 10 kills, many many blocks, lots of digs by many players flying around and a TRUE setter, this is a fun team to watch. I know that my wife and I will make the home games, but with this team I should make a point of following them on the road.

What a difference not having that injury bug that hit us last year.

kchats
10-15-2006, 03:29 AM
I also think the systems Coach Hinterstock runs have made a big difference. From what I have seen there is a big difference between how volleyball is played in division I and division II. That fast paced attack with great defense has really turned the tide.

cabis
10-15-2006, 04:18 AM
I think the biggest difference with the team this year is having a true setter running the offence. Last years team was forced to use its best hitter Sheila Parrish as the setter. Its a tribute to Parrish's athletic ability and character that she did the job that was asked of her to the best of her ability and did it very well. The net result, no pun intended, was you lose your best power hitter and have a great athlete with no experience running the offence. It would be like having Steve Walker go down in the first game of the year and replacing him at QB with Kyle Steffes.
We now have Sheila Parrish back where she belongs, leading the Bison in kills by almost a 2-1 margin over the next closest player.

tcbison
10-15-2006, 04:40 AM
I think the biggest difference with the team this year is having a true setter running the offence. Last years team was forced to use its best hitter Sheila Parrish as the setter. Its a tribute to Parrish's athletic ability and character that she did the job that was asked of her to the best of her ability and did it very well. The net result, no pun intended, was you lose your best power hitter and have a great athlete with no experience running the offence. It would be like having Steve Walker go down in the first game of the year and replacing him at QB with Kyle Steffes.
We now have Sheila Parrish back where she belongs, leading the Bison in kills by almost a 2-1 margin over the next closest player.

I agree. I am very happy for Sheila Parrish and the season she is having. She stuck with the program and is now starting to see some rewards for her efforts. Now we need to get some good recruits next year to keep the momentum going.

kchats
10-15-2006, 04:34 PM
I emailed the Fargo Forum and complained that they didn't have a story on In-Forum regarding the volleyball match. First home match of the season and they don't even have story about the match. The embarrassing thing is they actually had a bunch of stories about lower division volleyball teams from UND, Moorhead State and Concordia. That isn't right. They better do a better job covering the match against the Jackrabbits today.

NoDakSt
10-15-2006, 05:36 PM
Good job, kchats...I will do the same. We all should get on their butts....

Ivy
10-15-2006, 06:43 PM
I emailed the Fargo Forum and complained that they didn't have a story on In-Forum regarding the volleyball match. *First home match of the season and they don't even have story about the match. *The embarrassing thing is they actually had a bunch of stories about lower division volleyball teams from UND, Moorhead State and Concordia. *That isn't right. *They better do a better job covering the match against the Jackrabbits today.

I agree, especially when they had a preview type story during the week...why wouldn't you follow up by covering the game? *I didn't even see the results in the paper. *Pathetic. *The Forum doesn't cover the Bison in the fall, they cover Bison football. *

I have to give a thumbs up to all the local TV stations -- all 4 had highlights on the news.

This team is fun to watch.

kchats
10-15-2006, 06:56 PM
If you cover Bison athletics you better cover them all. NDSU's philosophy is to be good to great in all sports. Fans and players all expect winners in each and every sport and we are usually not disappointed.

roadwarrior
10-15-2006, 11:36 PM
It was a fun match saturday and we had a great crowd for the first home match for coach Hinterstocker.

tony
10-16-2006, 02:44 PM
Yeah, how great is it for the team to have a Parrish back playing her position?

The team has really come together.

roadwarrior
10-16-2006, 03:35 PM
The new scoreboard at the BBF keeps track of the number of kills and aces for each player. It also displays the scores from each of the five games as the match is played.