PDA

View Full Version : Bison beat SDSU

DenverBison05
11-05-2006, 02:10 AM
The Bison finally beat SDSU, and it wasnt even close 3-0 (30-23, 30-23, 30-15)

Way to go Bison. :)

kchats
11-05-2006, 02:15 AM
Great win Bison! After the last two tough defeats this has to be a sweet one for the ladies.

Go_Herd
11-05-2006, 02:19 AM
Nice job ladies

What a great day to be a Bison!

kchats
11-05-2006, 03:06 AM
The story from GoBison.com. Sounds like a great crowd in Brookings, 1,301 which makes a perfect crowd to end the streak in front of. Great game ladies.

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?KEY=VVNYBGSAKLIDXTS.2006110416073 6&SPSID=11874&SPID=696&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=67594 2

NoDakSt
11-05-2006, 06:19 AM
Excellent work, ladies!

sambini
11-05-2006, 07:20 AM
Congrats Bison++++

Gamehunter
11-05-2006, 04:49 PM
how did the Bison go from winning 3 or 4 games all season last year to having a winning record? I wasn't even expecting them to be as good as last year!

silkamilkamonico
11-05-2006, 07:29 PM
how did the Bison go from winning 3 or 4 games all season last year to having a winning record? *I wasn't even expecting them to be as good as last year!

Having a true setter on your team works wonders in the game of volleyball, especially at the collegiate level.

mikelsch
11-06-2006, 03:52 PM
Improved coaching staff + setter + talented returning players

Great work team --- finish this weekend with the independent championship

Rabbitlivinginverm
11-06-2006, 10:16 PM
how did the Bison go from winning 3 or 4 games all season last year to having a winning record? *I wasn't even expecting them to be as good as last year!

Having a true setter on your team works wonders in the game of volleyball, especially at the collegiate level.

I was at the game and the Bison absolutely outplayed us. I don't know a whole lot about volleyball but my wife does, I think she got tired of all my uniformed questions. But hey, I put up with her FB questions so I guess it evens out. She tells me the Jacks middle hitter (or blocker??) was very slow getting over to help out on double blocks. The Bison got a lot of kills b/c of this. It also looked like this was the first time the Jacks had been on the same floor together, not much chemisty. I did notice the setter for the Bison was VERY good. I thought that made a huge difference in the game.

silkamilkamonico
11-06-2006, 11:58 PM
She tells me the Jacks middle hitter (or blocker??) was very slow getting over to help out on double blocks. *The Bison got a lot of kills b/c of this. *It also looked like this was the first time the Jacks had been on the same floor together, not much chemisty. *I did notice the setter for the Bison was VERY good. *I thought that made a huge difference in the game. *

Establishing the middle.

This is one thing the Bison could not do last year because they didn't have a true setter. The first thing you want to do on offense is get your middle attacker going. What that does is force the other team's middle blocker to honor your middle hitter, which in turn opens up the outside attacker to a solo block. It's easy hitting around one blocker, but very hard to hit around 2.

You don't get a middle attack going, the middle blocker will cheat outside and double up on the outside, which can take a team's offense completely out of their game plan.

From the games I;ve seen this year I thought the Bison have done a great job getting the middle going.

sambini
11-07-2006, 04:45 AM
How will they do in the tourney this weekend?