PDA

View Full Version : Bison sign two

NoDakSt
11-09-2006, 12:50 PM
Head volleyball coach Erich Hinterstocker’s first recruiting class will include 5-9 outside hitter Lauren McLaughlin from Cary, Ill., and 5-10 outside hitter Brooke Vandenbergh from De Pere, Wis.

Hinterstocker is also looking at players from Canada and jucos to add to this recruiting class.

IowaBisonToo
11-09-2006, 02:52 PM
I just emailed Coach Hinterstocker, inviting him to at least come down to Northwest Iowa, where I am currently living, on some of his future recruiting trips. *Maybe he could even find an unsigned senior around here for next year.

NW Iowa is truly a volleyball hotbed. *Starting today, two of the three top 5-ranked volleyball teams in their class are playing in the state tournament. *For all intents and purposes, all three should be playing but, that's the way it goes with state tournaments. *These three local high schools have traditionally been powers in the state with a combined something like 8-12 state titles between them over the past 20-30 years. *Many of these girls stay at the two local colleges which are NAIA national powers but, there are the few that go on to DI and really make a name for themselves. *One example is a girl I used to coach in swimming some years back who was a remarkable all around athlete. *She went on to help Nebraska to a National Championship in 2000 and then was on the last US Olympic team. *The last I heard, she is still playing and was on the last US National team at the World's. *Many of these girls that play at the local NAIA schools could easily play for DI schools.

I guess I just hope Coach H. will take a moment and see what NW Iowa has to offer some time. *Hopefully I'll hear a reply from him, too, letting me know his thoughts. *Would love to see some locals in green and yellow.

mikelsch
11-09-2006, 03:26 PM
Nice of you to send him a message. *There is always good athletes that slip under the radar. *

Coach H is a master recruiter (and coach) as evidenced by him helping UW-GB and Alabama reach the NCAA tourney for their first time ever. *The Midwest is his specialty...if there is talent out there, he will find it.

sambini
11-12-2006, 08:02 AM
Welcome to the Bison family ladies++++