PDA

View Full Version : Letter of Intent Signing day??

pancake83
02-08-2007, 06:23 AM
I know that football and soccer's signing day was yesterday, but I can't remember when Volleyball's national signing day is... can anyone refresh my memory?

tony
02-08-2007, 10:01 AM
Volleyball has an early signing period and a late signing period. NDSU signed two outside hitters in the November signing period. The late signing period runs from April 11 to May 16, 2007.

NDSU also got a verbal from Jennifer Lopez, a dominating VB and BB player - she should be joining her sister Kelly, but she's just a junior now.

silkamilkamonico
02-09-2007, 07:47 PM
The late signing period is just as crucial, if not more so, to get talented recruits. Coaches have a tough time recruiting during season because there's so much time that needs to be spent with team development.

The spring signing period allows coaches to follow players in their club season, and in some parts of the nation spring is arguably bigger then high school because it allows the players to get better looks from college coaches. Some clubs around the US are geared more towards players that don't play high school, and there are ongoing arguments as to which is actually better for players.

Politics are there in both the high school and club seasons, but club gives the players a better opportunity to play with kids close to their own talent. The rules of the game of volleyball make it a heavy leaning team sport, and the better players you play with will maximize your own talents.