PDA

View Full Version : Bison land the big one!

SirHinn
11-17-2006, 05:28 AM
This is another huge stepping stone for the Bison to land Ms. Lopez! Coach is certainly getting it done as far as recruiting, that much is for sure! http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/146542

lakesbison
11-17-2006, 05:45 AM
HOLY H CRAP!!!

HELL YEA!!!

LOPEZ LASERS!!!! at the BBF!!!!!!!!

Ivy
11-17-2006, 02:14 PM
Awesome news!!! Jenny is a stud. Will she be an outside hitter? Maybe her and Kelly will play opposite of each other in the rotation, then you will always have a Lopez in the front!

NoDakSt
11-17-2006, 05:24 PM
Hell Yeah!!!!

sambini
11-17-2006, 10:53 PM
Welcome J LO ++++++

Bryan
11-21-2006, 01:36 AM
Lopez named third team all state, some other good juniors that NDSU is looking at including Bitter and Carlson.

First team

Hailey Cowles, 5-9, sr., OH, Eden Prairie: Minnesota's Ms. Volleyball for 2006; her sister Courtney won the award in 2004. The University of Minnesota recruit led the Eagles in kills (47 , digs (363) and service aces (39). "Hailey's one of the smartest players I've ever seen," Eagan coach Kathy Gillen said. "She just understands the game and knows what's going to happen in advance."

Brook Dieter, 6-2, sr., OH, Bloomington Kennedy: Another Gophers recruit, Dieter had 394 kills, 247 digs, 43 blocks and 31 aces . During the summer, Dieter was the most valuable player at the Junior Olympic national tournament and ranked by PrepVolleyball as the nations #5 recruit.

Amanda Beekman, 6-0, sr., OH, Marshall: A key player on the Tigers' state championship team in 2004, Beekman was their main weapon on the front line each of the past two seasons, leading them to a second-place finish in '05 and the AAA consolation title in '06. She plans to play for Minnesota State Mankato next year.

Lauren Gibbemeyer, 6-2, sr., MB, Cretin-Derham Hall: One of the Gophers' prize recruits for '07, Gibbemeyer dominated the front line for the Raiders, hammering 403 kills. She was even more intimidating as a blocker with a metro-area-best 257 total blocks. She was ranked as the 4th best high school senior in the country by PrepVolleyball.

Courtney Bitter, 5 feet 7, jr., S, Lake of the Woods: A five-year star (she's been all-conference all five years and conference MVP twice), Bitter recorded 111 assists during the state tournament last week and has 3,989 with one season to go. She finished 2006 with 648 assists and 90 service aces for the Bears, who defeated top-ranked Dilworth-Glyndon-Felton in the Section 8AA final.

Allie Oelke, 6-1, sr., MB, Chaska: When in doubt, the Class AAA champion Hawks could go to Oelke and count on her to finish the point. The versatile Creighton recruit could hit from the middle, left or right of the court, and she was almost equally effective from all sides (376 kills this season). In three state tournament games last week, she did not hit below .300.

Susan Halverson, 5-8, sr., L, Apple Valley: She led the metro area in digs over the past two seasons. She is undecided about college. "If you're talking about defense and passing, Susan is probably as good as any high school player I've seen," Apple Valley coach Walt Weaver said. "I think that she could play for any college team, and that includes the Division I's."

Second team

Jessica Menden, 5-7, jr., S, Shakopee: With Menden running the offense, the Sabers moved into the top tier of Minnesota volleyball. She had 751 assists, 161 digs and 36 service aces this season for Shakopee, which was one of two teams to take a game from Chaska during the final month of the season.

Amy Braun, 5-10, soph., OH, Lakeville North: She combined with libero Taylor Fieldsted to give Lakeville North one of the best back rows in the state, and she combined with middle Kelsey Brandl to make the Panthers' front line one of Minnesota's most formidable.

Megan Carlson, 5-10, jr., OH, Andover: Andover finished in a three-way tie for first place in the Northwest Suburban Conference with Blaine and Anoka, and Carlson was the primary reason. She led the NWSC in kills (419) and digs (449).

Brittany Chambers, 5-8, soph., OH, Jordan: She recorded 85 kills in three state tournament matches last week as the Jaguars won the Class AA championship. Chambers had a state-leading 600 kills this season and led the state in service aces with 145.

Jessica Granquist, 5-7, jr., OH, Blaine: Granquist was the most versatile player for the Bengals, who finished third at the Class AAA state tournament. She led Blaine on the back row with 316 digs and was second to Ari Mewhorter on the front line with 251 kills.

Kelsey Brandl, 6-2, jr., MB, Lakeville North: She led the metro area in kills during the regular season with 423 and was fourth in blocks with 123. Brandl could make her college commitment before the end of the school year. Committed to cincinnati.

Macie Michelson, 5-7, sr., S/L, Marshall: She signed a national letter of intent to play basketball for South Dakota State. A setter for the Tigers the past two seasons, Michelson was a libero on their state championship team in 2004. "And I think she would make a really good libero for a college team," Marshall coach Dan Westby said.

Third team

Jennifer Lopez, 5-10, jr., S/H, Dilworth-Glyndon-Felton: She had 389 kills, 282 assists and 200 digs, and she hit .437 (kills minus errors, divided by attacks). Lopez also was a 91.4 percent server.

sambini
11-21-2006, 03:28 AM
Thanks Bryan++++

silkamilkamonico
11-21-2006, 05:30 PM
Third team?

Wow, I would like to see some of those first team younger classwomen.

Anyways, congrats JLopez, and glad to have you on board.

sambini
11-22-2006, 02:56 AM
Silk where do you see her playing? Setter or outside?

BisonBacker
11-22-2006, 03:56 PM
Congrats to another DGF product.

mikelsch
11-22-2006, 06:09 PM
She'll be an outside hitter

lakesbison
11-22-2006, 06:14 PM
Greenie..I will correct you.

She will be a DOMINANT!! outside hitter!!

truly amazing!!

mikelsch
11-22-2006, 06:33 PM
Mattie setting to Kelly and Jenny ---> sounds like a winning combination to me

sambini
11-22-2006, 07:02 PM
+++++++++++++++++ THANKS GREENIE++++++++++

TheDoctor
03-02-2007, 06:54 AM
+++++++++++++++++ THANKS GREENIE++++++++++

++++++++++++++ ;)

sambini
03-04-2007, 04:46 PM
If you get a chance to see this young lady play its a treat.

pancake83
03-27-2007, 05:04 AM
She may be a good hitter, and there is a possibility of her hitting while she's in the front row, but she will set for the Bison for sure.

99Bison
04-01-2007, 03:05 AM
She may be a good hitter, and there is a possibility of her hitting while she's in the front row, but she will set for the Bison for sure.

?? Why do you say this?

sambini
04-01-2007, 03:07 AM
Hope to see her play tomorow at the FARGO SOUTH JO TOURNEY.

pancake83
04-02-2007, 08:50 PM

?? Why do you say this?

Because this is what the coaches are recruiting her for, they believe that she is that good of a setter, now I don't believe they will sit Mattie as a junior (2 years running the offense by then), but a 6-2 could be possible with Jenny hitting in the front row as well as setting while in the backrow

silkamilkamonico
04-02-2007, 08:55 PM
She would be more than capable of running a 6-2 in college. She does a great job with it at DGF and she's set and hit in a 6-2 for a few years now.

The kid has a competitive winning mentality along with her ability.

sambini
04-02-2007, 10:12 PM
Her team won the SOUTH FARGO JO TOURNEY YESTERDAY. She is a first class young lady. Glad she is going to be a BISON.

TheDoctor
04-06-2007, 05:59 AM
Glad she is going to be a BISON.

+++++++++++ ;)

lakesbison
05-06-2007, 04:30 AM
ran into J LO earlier this week.

Dam, she is gonna create some havoc at NDSU.

Said she will play right away with SIS, NCAA's here we come!!!

lakesbison
07-18-2007, 01:53 AM
I saw her SIS at photos. I think Kelly needs to work on something.....

sambini
07-18-2007, 04:10 AM
What does she need to work on Lakes? Is she healthy this year?

Blue
07-18-2007, 05:18 AM
Her big ole ghetto booty?:nod: That thing could prob. pull a truck outta the mud. Not saying it's a bad thing...but I couldn't help but notice it a few times last year in Fargo, and down here in Brookings. Volleyball girls and nice a$$es go together pretty good:D ;) :bow:. I think that's why I took a position as the volleyball and soccer beat reporter for our student newspaper this fall. She moves pretty good for a girl of her stature.

gobison1
07-19-2007, 01:53 PM
Her big ole ghetto booty?:nod: That thing could prob. pull a truck outta the mud. Not saying it's a bad thing...but I couldn't help but notice it a few times last year in Fargo, and down here in Brookings. Volleyball girls and nice a$$es go together pretty good:D ;) :bow:. I think that's why I took a position as the volleyball and soccer beat reporter for our student newspaper this fall. She moves pretty good for a girl of her stature.

Well, you did it. This could probably be one of the most tasteless posts that I have ever read on this board. Are you kidding me? How does this have anything to do with Bison athletics? As long as Kelly is smoking line drives at opposing teams I think she is doing just fine. Either way, I don't think that the way she looks in spandex has anything to do with the way she plays. Something tells me that Blue and Lakes Bison were die hard Don Imus fans. You guys are idiots! Go find something else to do with your time.

lakesbison
07-19-2007, 03:29 PM
just watch this fall. thats all im saying. relax. geesh.

gobison1
07-19-2007, 06:19 PM
just watch this fall. thats all im saying. relax. geesh.

I got the point of what you were saying lakes. All I am saying is have a little taste/class. Is that something that you would want her or her parents to read?

TheDoctor
07-22-2007, 06:43 PM
gobison- this is TAME for Lakes - you should have been here 9 months ago - He was out of control! ;)