PDA

View Full Version : SPRING VOLLEYBALL

sambini
02-16-2007, 10:29 AM
Will the Bison have any matches during the spring? Silk you would know?

silkamilkamonico
02-19-2007, 06:24 PM
Will the Bison have any matches during the spring? Silk you would know?

They'll have "playday's" where *team's will get together on *weekeneds and play. *I'm not sure if there are individual matches like during the season.

I would they *are sort of like junior olympic/club tournaments for kids, only at that age it's more about just playing and competing with and against each other. I'm not sure exactly what they do, but I do think they play other university's.

sambini
02-20-2007, 12:52 AM
Thanks Silk++

DenverBison05
02-20-2007, 01:10 AM
I have no clue if this is true, but over on the SDSU board they are saying that they are coming here for a tournament this spring. *So Im guessing that we are at least hosting a tournament.

Here is the link, (http://www.sdsufans.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1170908166/0#0) its the 3rd comment in the thread. *I know that that poster has traveled with the SDSU women's volleyball team before, so I think he's a reliable source of information.

sambini
02-20-2007, 04:16 AM
Thanks Denver++

silkamilkamonico
02-20-2007, 07:31 PM
I have no clue if this is true, but over on the SDSU board they are saying that they are coming here for a tournament this spring. *So Im guessing that we are at least hosting a tournament.

Here is the link, (http://www.sdsufans.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1170908166/0#0) its the 3rd comment in the thread. *I know that that poster has traveled with the SDSU women's volleyball team before, so I think he's a reliable source of information.

That could very well be right. I wish there was someone in the athletic department that could give us a rough schedule of the women's spring volleyball program.

pancake83
02-21-2007, 01:41 AM
The women are going down to SDSU for their tournament. *And they are hosting a tournament, not sure on the teams, or the date, I believe it's the 24th/25th or the 31st of March? *Not quite sure, but there will be a home tournament. *There are four maximum 'tournaments' that volleyball can compete in during the spring, so they should have two more tournaments as well. *I'll check on these dates.

sambini
02-21-2007, 03:18 AM
Thanks Pancake 83+++

silkamilkamonico
02-21-2007, 07:35 PM
The women are going down to SDSU for their tournament. *And they are hosting a tournament, not sure on the teams, or the date, I believe it's the 24th/25th or the 31st of March? *Not quite sure, but there will be a home tournament. *There are four maximum 'tournaments' that volleyball can compete in during the spring, so they should have two more tournaments as well. *I'll check on these dates.

Appreciated. Maybe someone attending those can give us updates on how the team looks. I'm excited to see how they look this year, with the emergence of Kelly back into the lineup playing under Coach H's system.

mikelsch
02-22-2007, 04:28 PM
I would think athletics will post the spring volleyball schedule when it is known. They just posted the spring soccer schedule on gobison.com

thebluehatman
02-25-2007, 08:11 PM
This is our schedule for the spring and I see we have you in two tournaments we play in.
http://www.coachpalileo.com/apalileo/

March 24th- at NDSU
(NDSU, Minn-Morehead, USD, SDSU)

March 31st- Home
(UND, USD, MN-Morehead, Crookston, Sioux Falls, NDSU, Northern State and SDSU)

April 14th- at Iowa State-
(Iowa State, University of Northern Iowa, University of Minnesota, and SDSU)

April 21st- at University of Minnesota
(Minnesota, Montana State, and SDSU)
Good luck in your spring schedule.

sambini
02-26-2007, 03:19 AM
++++++++++++++

TheDoctor
03-02-2007, 06:49 AM
++++++++++++++

++++++++++++++ ;)

thebluehatman
03-15-2007, 11:08 PM
Looks like I might be making a trip up to Fargo next weekend with the team as the potential new volleyball and soccer beat reporter for the SDSU Collegian. I dunno if I look forward to that trip up north as it hasn't been to good the last 2 times I made the journey up.

sambini
03-16-2007, 04:19 AM
Have a nice trip and good luck .

Ivy
03-17-2007, 04:02 AM

Appreciated. *Maybe someone attending those can give us updates on how the team looks. *I'm excited to see how they look this year, with the emergence of Kelly back into the lineup playing under Coach H's system.

Is Lopez back to 100%?

sambini
03-18-2007, 10:41 AM
Anyone know how she is coming along? Silk you should have some insight?

thebluehatman
03-22-2007, 01:58 AM
Outta curiousity your girls are coming down here next weekend and your baseball team has a series and quite possibly a WNIT championship game here. Any Bison fans thinking of making the journey down to Brookings for some quality sports action? Let me know.

silkamilkamonico
03-26-2007, 06:03 PM
I'm actually out in Bozeman Montana right now so I'm not sure how the team is looking. *I would be curious to know, and I'm sure everythingis really working out well.

Coach Hinterstocker has a very disciplined and intense system, and I'm excited to see how the team progresses with some spring work under it.

I'm not sure how Lopez is doing right now. I don't think anything negative has come out from her injury and rehab, so i would think it's going as expected.

If anyone knows the results of the spring tournaments and more importantly how the team looks we would be appreciated.

pancake83
03-27-2007, 05:13 AM
Lopez is roughly 85% or so, not jumping at all in practice, yet participating in every other aspect of the game. Hille is taking all the swings from the left side in the front row.

This past weekend, the ladies split with USD, beat MSUM (revenge from two years ago?? :-/), and lost to SDSU (all were 2 game matches). Bison were up on SDSU in the second game, but couldn't finish them off, I think losing 29-31.

This coming weekend they travel down to Brookings, and should do better than this past weekend, getting used to playing with each other and the other players replacing the senior starters.

Good to see Good 'Ol #2 playing OPP for the ladies (since the RS recruit won't be here til the fall)

sambini
03-27-2007, 05:45 AM
Thanks Pancake for the update+++

mikelsch
03-27-2007, 09:04 PM
Lopez is roughly 85% or so, not jumping at all in practice, yet participating in every other aspect of the game. *Hille is taking all the swings from the left side in the front row.

This past weekend, the ladies split with USD, beat MSUM (revenge from two years ago?? :-/), and lost to SDSU (all were 2 game matches). *Bison were up on SDSU in the second game, but couldn't finish them off, I think losing 29-31.

This coming weekend they travel down to Brookings, and should do better than this past weekend, getting used to playing with each other and the other players replacing the senior starters.

Good to see Good 'Ol #2 playing OPP for the ladies (since the RS recruit won't be here til the fall)

The current team is relatively short-staffed after losing 5 seniors from last season. More depth and talent is on the way for Fall camp.

TheDoctor
03-30-2007, 12:16 AM
Thanks Pancake for the update+++

+++++++ ;)

thebluehatman
03-30-2007, 01:10 AM
Hope to watch some good volleyball down here in Brookings on Saturday. Good luck Rabbits and Bison against the D-2 Foes.

thebluehatman
03-31-2007, 03:15 AM
Schedule For the Tournament Tomorrow here at State.
Court One – SDSU, USF, UND, Moorhead State
Time Teams
9:00 SDSU vs Moorhead State
10:00 UND vs USF
11:00 SDSU vs UND
12:00 USF vs Moorhead State
1:00 UND vs Moorhead State
2:00 SDSU vs USF
4:00 Crookston vs Moorhead ST
5:00 SDSU vs USD

Court Two - NDSU, Northern State, Crookston, USD
Time Teams
9:00 Northern State vs USD
10:00 NDSU vs Crookston
11:00 Northern St vs Crookston
12:00 USD vs NDSU
1:00 USD vs Crookston
2:00 NDSU vs Northern St
4:00 NDSU vs UND
5:00 Northern State vs USF

thebluehatman
03-31-2007, 11:33 PM
Just came back from our tournament a little NDSU recap:

NDSU vs. Crookston 2-0 Win
Thoughts:
Lopez moves pretty good for a big girl, always moving but not much of a lateral or vertical type of player.
Stuewe stuck out in my mind in this game.

NDSU vs USD 1-1 Split
Thoughts:
Lopez continued to impress me. Whereas no one impressed me on USD. NDSU up 7-0 in game 2 where USD came back, they looked tired with some lacking composure.

NDSU vs Northern 1-1 Split
Thoughts
1st game Northern put your girls in a chokehold. Errors and lack of energy troubled NDSU in the first game. BIG Lopez again, she can finess the ball. I like her. Northern had an amazing first game. NDSU slumped both games and could not effectively kill the rally. Somehow they came back for the win.

NDSU vs UND 2-0 Win
Lopez, Stuewe and Hillie continued to impress me. Big holes in UND's defensive fronts. NDSU found the weak spots and struck em. Hot start hot finish for the bison. UND struggled badly.

kchats
04-01-2007, 12:06 AM
That is because UND has never cared about women's volleyball. Heck they just replaced their coach and who did they hire and assistant from a NSIC team Moorhead State. Didn't make much since since UND kept talking about going division I and they hire a lower lever division II team's coach. When you know you are making the move and make a coaching change you hire an assistant from a division I school if you care about the sport.

JJ_Penn
04-01-2007, 12:30 AM
Wow KC_hats what a totally pathetic view point on a coach you probably know nothing about. If you need to feel better about yourself by making snide comments about lower level competition that's really sad...seems to me that lower level competition beat the bison...hmmm...what a terrible decision by UND, hire a young coach with many contacts in the area who happened to bring in all of the kids that beat NDSU...even if they don't want to put the money into the program don't always stroke yourself with the same BS about the NSIC being such a bad conference...thought you were big time D1 now, so why are you still concerning yourself with the D2 competition...time to move on!!!

kchats
04-01-2007, 01:48 AM
Looks to me like UND lost to NDSU 2-0. *I guess division II fans don't know what a win is either. ;)

As has been stated on this board by other Bison fans NDSU had a bunch of players graduate last year so they don't have their whole team together.

In my opinion NDSU should only hire coaches with division I experience since there is a big difference between division I and division II requirements and the way they play.

99Bison
04-01-2007, 03:04 AM
Just came back from our tournament a little NDSU recap:

NDSU vs. Crookston 2-0 Win
Thoughts:
Lopez moves pretty good for a big girl, always moving but not much of a lateral or vertical type of player.
Stuewe stuck out in my mind in this game.

NDSU vs USD 1-1 Split
Thoughts:
Lopez continued to impress me. Whereas no one impressed me on USD. NDSU up 7-0 in game 2 where USD came back, they looked tired with some lacking composure.

NDSU vs Northern 1-1 Split
Thoughts
1st game Northern put your girls in a chokehold. Errors and lack of energy troubled NDSU in the first game. BIG Lopez again, she can finess the ball. I like her. Northern had an amazing first game. NDSU slumped both games and could not effectively kill the rally. Somehow they came back for the win.

NDSU vs UND 2-0 Win
Lopez, Stuewe and Hillie continued to impress me. Big holes in UND's defensive fronts. NDSU found the weak spots and struck em. Hot start hot finish for the bison. UND struggled badly.

Guessing her injury has something to do with this. Everytime I have seen (a whole 3 or so) her at full strength I wouldn't have thought that.

silkamilkamonico
04-02-2007, 08:58 PM
That is because UND has never cared about women's volleyball. Heck they just replaced their coach and who did they hire and assistant from a NSIC team Moorhead State. Didn't make much since since UND kept talking about going division I and they hire a lower lever division II team's coach. When you know you are making the move and make a coaching change you hire an assistant from a division I school if you care about the sport.

That lower level Division II coach UND hired was an intrigual part in building a great MSU Moorhead volleyball program. One that competed, and stayed right with NDSU 3 seasons ago when NDSU was looking promising in their first season as a D1 independant.

IMHO, it was a great hire for UND.

spirit
04-03-2007, 09:40 PM
That lower level Division II coach UND hired was an intrigual part in building a great MSU Moorhead volleyball program. One that competed, and stayed right with NDSU 3 seasons ago when NDSU was looking promising in their first season as a D1 independant.
IMHO, it was a great hire for UND.

Silk, so true about what you said. I'm new to the board! Glad to see some great VB posts!

sambini
04-04-2007, 03:34 AM
That is because UND has never cared about women's volleyball. *Heck they just replaced their coach and who did they hire and assistant from a NSIC team Moorhead State. *Didn't make much since since UND kept talking about going division I and they hire a lower lever division II team's coach. *When you know you are making the move and make a coaching change you hire an assistant from a division I school if you care about the sport.

That lower level Division II coach UND hired was an intrigual part in building a great MSU Moorhead volleyball program. *One that competed, and stayed right with NDSU 3 seasons ago when NDSU was looking promising *in their first season as a D1 independant.

IMHO, it was a great hire for UND.++++++++++++++ She is a Moorhead High Alum.

sambini
04-08-2007, 04:34 AM
What is up next in the spring schedule?

pancake83
04-08-2007, 06:20 PM
I believe there is an alumni game a week from today, Sunday, April 15th. Not sure on the time, but it will be at the BBF. It would be nice to see those alums play against the girls. A couple years ago, the Bison Alums took 2nd at the USAV Nationals Open division (highest level for USAV), so they're a pretty solid squad, if most of them can make the trek up from the Cities.

sambini
04-09-2007, 02:04 AM
Thanks Pancake+++