PDA

View Full Version : Re: Lady Bison Basketball

JBB
10-19-2002, 01:47 AM
I doubt it has anyting to due with Amy Ruly. What is the non-hl?

siouxrock
02-09-2003, 05:40 PM
HAHAHAHA
got beat by 30
HAHAHHAA
we beat them by 40

SDSUFAN
02-09-2003, 06:39 PM
SiouxRocks:
Your math is incorrect. The final score of the UND-SDSU game in Grand Forks was 86-62, how does that translate into a 40 point win. Have another tequila your math really sucks. Dont for get who has only one loss in the NCC and how many do the Sioux have, I believe its two losses, so enjoy the thursday day night win, its the only one you will have this year.

siouxrock
02-09-2003, 06:49 PM
i think ur math is incorrect. We have 10 wins

SDSUFAN
02-09-2003, 07:11 PM
10 wins yes 2 losses yesss How many loses do the Jacks have one. So grab another tequila, its cold outside.

siouxrock
02-09-2003, 07:21 PM
just wait till they play again

BisonMav
03-10-2003, 12:41 PM
Looks like the tough pre-season scheduled paid off for the Bison Women. *Third seed in the Regional. *UND's pre-season schedule was easier, plus losing to Duluth, and they finished with the fifth seed.

#1 South Dakota State (26-3) vs. #8 Regis, CO (23-7)
#4 Minnesota-Duluth (25-4) vs. #5 North Dakota (25-5)
#3 North Dakota State (25-6) vs. #6 Nebraska-Kearney (25-5)
#2 South Dakota (25-4) vs. #7 Concordia-St. Paul (21-7)

Schemer
03-10-2003, 07:16 PM
What's up with the seedings for the men? Any news yet?

BisonMav
03-10-2003, 07:19 PM
1. Kearney vs 8. UMD
2. St Cloud vs 7. UND
3. Metro St vs 6. Ft Lewis
4. SDSU vs 5. Fort Hayes

Northern State and UNO also had 20 wins. Bison loss to Northern St hurt their chances.

Schemer
03-12-2003, 07:43 PM
Why in the hell did UND get in?

Not to say we should have gotten in, necessarily. But they won upwards of 8 games with a guy who was NCAA ineligible AND they got knocked out of the playoffs in the FIRST round!

Sioux fans will say, "Yeah.....but, we didn't know Myron Allen played with the Beez."

To that, I say this, "The only difference between 'knowing' and 'not knowing' is whether you call it 1st or 2nd degree cheating."

But UND's always been good at that (cheating).

Slappy
03-12-2003, 10:39 PM
Why in the hell did UND get in?

UND got in because they finished above NDSU in the NCC conference standings. This was done in games played without Myron Allen.

UND got in because they did not have to schedule a game with an unknown bible college in order to get to the magic number of 20 wins.

You figure it out.

Same crap, different year with Bison Men's BB. I doubt things will change too much as we get to the D-I level. We already had arguably the best player in the country in Denver TenBroek, who basically fell into Miles' lap. Face it, Miles can't recruit at this level. He did it at Northern, but that is a hell of a lot different than at NDSU. At Mayville, that's kid stuff. Southwest State he inherited a great deal of his team as well.

D-I was a football driven proposition, period. Basketball, especially at the men's level, will suffer immenselly because of the lack of a vision within the athletic department. >:(

Schemer
03-12-2003, 11:05 PM
You think that's all the committee looked at? Conference standings? What about overall record....minus those 9 preseason 'cheat wins' do you think UND would've gotten in?

Myron Allen played in the first NINE games of the season. Explain to me why UND did not have to forfeit those games? They played with a guy who was NOT NCAA eligible! Period. They were cheating.

Hell, we probably could've won more games too, if we had Michael Jordan on our team, but I'm fairly certain he's out of eligibility too (being with the Bulls and all). How would that be different? In my eyes, like I said, whether UND knew it or not....it's still unfair to the rest of the league.

Explain to me now why UND should've gotten in.

Like you sue fans always say, "If you want to work on a farm, go to NDSU, if you want to steal one out from underneath someone, go to UND."

Take that one to the bank, Slappy.

Slappy
03-13-2003, 12:40 AM
Dude, read my post again. ??? I am a BISON fan. ::) I basically said that the Bison didn't get it done. With this being TenBroek's last year, I don't think the Bison will EVER have as good a chance at a post-season success story as they did this year. At least not with Miles as coach. A team that feels that they are entitled to a post-season berth because of having 20 wins should have gotten the job done previous to that whole situation. This NDSU team was NOTa bubble team. No reason it should have been. And when you have to schedule an "extra" game against a team such as Trinity Bible College to get that 20th win, it doesn't say a lot for your case.

As for the Myron Allen story, it's fricken old. It's over with. Similar to the situation with Georgia right now, how can you punish the other players when they did nothing wrong? From what I've heard and read, the intent was definitely not to break NCAA rules. Shit happens and it's all water under the bridge at this point.

I'm certainly no UND apologist, so you can stop that nonsense right now. :'(

BisonMav
03-26-2003, 01:58 PM
Kayla Dahlen and Katie Dahlen continued to add to their lengthy high school girls basketball résumés Tuesday. North Dakota Class A first team all-state.

The Lady Bison recruits have done great. They should be a great addition next year.

BisonMav
03-29-2003, 02:17 PM
Strong ties bring Hansen to NDSU
By Jeff Kolpack
jkolpack@forumcomm.com
The Forum - 03/29/2003
One of Alison Hansen’s memories of North Dakota State is of old Dacotah Field. She remembers the football games. And the cold.

Over a decade later, she’ll return to NDSU. The focus, however, will be inside at the Bison Sports Arena. The

6-foot-2 Mankato Immanuel Lutheran star verbally committed to the Bison basketball team.

She’ll be the third Hansen to play athletics at NDSU joining football brothers Phil and Steve. She said that connection and head coach Amy Ruley were big factors in her decision.

“Amy Ruley has been a friend of the family for a very long time,” Alison said.

Phil Hansen led NDSU to two NCAA Division II titles, the last in 1990. He went on to a successful career with the Buffalo Bills.

Alison, however, is not concerned about any comparisons.

“I don’t feel any pressure like, ‘Oh, I’ve got to make the WNBA to be like Phil,’” Hansen said. “It’s not my goal.”

She averaged 24.8 points per game last year. She had 2,388 points for her career despite being double- and triple-teamed most of her last three years, said Immanuel Lutheran athletic director Doug Libby. Immanuel plays in the Christian Athletic League that does not participate in the Minnesota State High School League playoffs. The Trojans went 16-6.

Taking into account the limited competition and Immanuel’s small numbers -- the senior class has 13 kids -- Immanuel followers like Libby are curious about Hansen’s potential.

“Many of us are interested to see where she can go,” he said. “She’s athletic and she’s an intelligent player. When she gets to the next level and with all the tools like training and coaching that they can apply to her -- that will really help her.”

Alison said she was also looking at Hillsdale College, a Division II school in Michigan, because of its conservative education.

“There were a lot of colleges looking at her,” said Immanuel head coach Paul Stelter.

She is the third player to commit to NDSU this year joining Kayla Dahlen and Katie Dahlen from Fargo North. The Dahlens signed last fall. The NCAA late period for basketball begins April 16.

Great to see another Hansen going to NDSU.

Schemer
05-11-2003, 03:49 AM
It appears Megan Clark is no longer with the Women's BB team. Not sure why, when I find out, I'll pass it along

Bisonguy
05-23-2003, 02:12 AM
Brandee Gibbs, C 6'4", from The Ohio State University is transferring to NDSU. She is from Orono, MN and was recruited by NDSU out of high school. She has three years of eligibility. Details on the WDAY 6 O'Clock news feed. (http://www.in-forum.com/wday/)

Bisonguy
06-25-2003, 04:16 AM
The local media are again reporting Brandee Gibbs is transferring to NDSU via The Ohio State University.

NDSU and SDSU led the nation in DII women's BB attendance. (http://www.ncaa.org/stats/w_basketball/attendance/2002-03/d2.pdf) NDSU averaged 2,805 and SDSU averaged 2,693.

Bisonguy
06-27-2003, 07:01 AM
The Bison women's BB team's attendance was ranked #39 in ALL NCAA divisions. If attendance could be increased by 1,000, the Bison could be in the top 25 for DI.