PDA

View Full Version : NCC Woman

D
12-14-2003, 04:02 AM
The Bison woman have a poor start to the season (though they've got back on the right track lately), SDSU just lost their second straight game to an NSIC team (CSP and WIniona, these 2 certainly not real good teams). The Sioux are pretty young and I and others thought it would be a retooling/transition year for them, instead they'll be the new #1 in the country and beating everyone by 15-30. USD would seem to be a 1 person show with Mandy Koupal. Is it a down year in NCC woman's basketball? The defending champs may not be all they think they are.

mustangfan
12-14-2003, 05:28 AM
Concordia not good? They beat NDSU this year and made the NCAA Touranment last year

D
12-14-2003, 05:52 AM
Concordia not good? *They beat NDSU this year and made the NCAA Touranment last year

I'd definetly say they aren't a "real good" team, as I said. NDSU was obviously experiencing some kind of early season trouble which I don't know if anyone can explain. And, Concordia lost at home to St. Cloud, which fielded maybe the worst NCC team I've seen in 10-15 years last year.

Bisonguy
12-14-2003, 05:54 AM
The CSP women are good. They did squeak out a one point win against NDSU the first weekend this year at their house. The Lady Bison are pulling it together now, as their decisive win over the #6 team shows. If the Lady Bison were to meet CSP again, I doubt the outcome would be the same.

mustangfan
12-14-2003, 01:40 PM
st cloud is better this year, at least it looks that way. You can't compare last year's team to this year. SCSU has beaten Duluth, SW Minnesota and Concordia. Now UMD and SMSU also beat them, but St.Cloud is not bad.

Should be a great race in the NCC with SDSU, USD, NDSU and UND at the top

BisonMav
12-14-2003, 04:04 PM
Should be a great race in the NCC with SDSU, USD, NDSU and UND at the top

This region is shaping up to be very strong.