PDA

View Full Version : Bison women

roadwarrior
12-13-2003, 04:07 AM
Bison women win 5th in a row tonight 74-45 over Umass-Lowell.

roadwarrior
12-14-2003, 04:14 AM
Bison women get 6 in a row defeating previously unbeaten and 5th ranked Glenville from West Viriginia 69-55.

Bisonguy
12-14-2003, 05:55 AM
Congrats Lady Bison!

Good win over a good opponent.

BisonMav
12-20-2003, 02:49 AM
Beat a pesky Moorhead St 61-57, at Moorhead.

Johnson injured, no word on how bad.

wfduck
12-20-2003, 07:08 PM
Beat a pesky Moorhead St 61-57, at Moorhead.

Johnson injured, no word on how bad.

without Johnson we become a middle of the pack team. she is a must have for this team to challenge in the NCC

silkamilkamonico
01-18-2004, 05:42 AM
~so true...tonight was the first loss in like 13 games....to USD...they just dont show alot of heart it seems, and Klabo I think has been a dissapoint...I think they are good enough to win these kinda games, but at the same time they are inconsistent enough to lose....oh well, as long as the men keep winning and I can stare at Froelich Im a happy SU fan... ;)

somebison
01-25-2004, 01:49 AM
Women beat SDSU 76-67.. first win in brookings in 6 years for the ladies ;D

Bisonguy
01-28-2004, 12:28 AM
VIA the WDAY 6:00 news -
Looks like the women's schedule is filling up for next year. 18 games are scheduled so far.

Sounds like Amy Ruley is confident that there will be a lot more DI schools in 2005 (only Maryland, Marshall, and South Dakota State for 2004)

wfduck
01-28-2004, 09:24 PM
VIA the WDAY 6:00 news -
Looks like the women's schedule is filling up for next year. 18 games are scheduled so far.

Sounds like Amy Ruley is confident that there will be a lot more DI schools in 2005 (only Maryland, Marshall, and South Dakota State for 2004)
thing that sucks is maryland and marshall are on the road....plus we still play some NAIA schools

Bisonguy
01-28-2004, 10:27 PM
At least it's the better part of a schedule. Amy sounds pretty optimistic about contacts for the 2005 season.

silkamilkamonico
01-29-2004, 11:53 PM
~word is Amy has a =lot of friends that coach in D1...at North Carolina State, Texas Tech, Texas A%M, Maryland.....apparently she has more close friends in upper D1 than she does in D2.......even if something falls through where we dont play those teams Im sure Amy would get reccomendations for other good schools to play....

BisonMav
02-09-2004, 06:13 PM
Maryland is competitive in the ACC. 5-5 in the conference and 13-8 overall. Duke, one of the best teams in the nation is in first place. Should be a tough game for the Bison Women. Marshall is 12-8, and playing in the Mid American Conference. Should have a decent first year schedule in DI.

WYOBISONMAN
02-09-2004, 06:45 PM
It's a great way to start D1 and a credit to Coach Amy!

jackmd
02-10-2004, 08:34 PM
NDSU finally passes UND in national poll. SDSU right behind at #7. Should be a great weekend. I would be happy with a split.

USA TODAY/ESPN/WBCA DIVISION II TOP 25 COACHES' POLL

Top 10 Race Continues to Heat Up! Seattle Pacific Getting Noticed!
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
February 10, 2004

USA TODAY/ESPN/WBCA Top 25 women's basketball poll, with first-place votes in parentheses, total points based on 25 points for first place through one point for 25th.

Records do not include Tuesday's contests Rank Record Total Points Previous Rank
1. California University Of PA (21) 22-0 570 1
2. Drury University 24-1 537 3
3. Seattle Pacific University (1) 20-0 531 4
4. Emporia State University (1) 18-1 508 2
5. Glenville State College 18-2 466 5
6. North Dakota State University 18-3 413 10
7. South Dakota State University 17-4 408 7
8. Quincy University 19-3 405 8
9. University Of North Dakota 17-4 375 6
10. Concordia University - Saint Paul 19-2 351 13
11. Angelo State University 18-2 310 11
12. Merrimack College 19-2 298 15
13. Washburn University 18-3 296 9
14. Shaw University 21-2 292 14
15. University Of North Florida 18-3 221 12
16. Rollins College 19-3 208 19
17. University Of South Dakota 19-5 205 16
18. Georgia College & State University 17-4 185 18
19. Northwest Missouri St. University 17-4 144 17
20. Armstrong Atlantic State University 17-4 123 20
21. Holy Family University 19-1 102 25
22. West Texas A&M University 18-3 80 22
23. California State University - Bakersfield 15-4 64 24
24. Clark Atlanta University 17-3 61 23
25. Lake Superior State University 18-3 45 NR

Dropped out: No. 21 Augusta State University

Others Receiving Votes: Augusta State University 38; Virginia Union University 28; Ferris State University 23; University Of Pittsburgh - Johnstown 22; Northeastern State University 21; American International College 19; Fort Valley State University 17; Lander University 17; Bentley College 15; Bryant College 15; Saint Cloud State University 15; Northern Michigan University 11; University Of Indianapolis 10; Assumption College 9; Barton College 6; Winona State University 4; Northern Kentucky University 3; West Liberty State College 3; Missouri Western State 1

somebison
02-14-2004, 02:04 AM
anybody got a score result on the women's game tonight... i can't connect to either feed :-/

JBB
02-14-2004, 02:13 AM
I got the feed, but no scorre for the women. *I just logged on. *They say students are rolling in and some football players are showing up. *here it is NDSU women 66 *SDSU 71 *women give up a 19 pt lead. *I think I got that right.

jackmd
02-14-2004, 03:39 AM
You got it right SDSU women win despite a 19 point deficit *Now tied for 1st place.

SDSU men lead 66-50 with about 10 minutes to play. *I suspect we will be in 1st place in the men's ranks also. *I don't see the women or the men giving up first place in the NCC the remainder of the year. *Too bad we can't host both regionals in Brookings, or we probably should.

It would take a huge let down by both the women and the men to lose at UND tomorrow.

SDbison
02-14-2004, 04:41 AM
Hey jackmd you are kind of cocky even though your Jacka_ _ men lost to three "inferior" NCC teams early this season. With the kind of calls the Siouxage get up in Grand Forks the Jack men could possibly lose. As for the women, I don't think you can say that UND is "inferior" to SDSU. Your most recent posts are helping me to forget the Fighting poo and realize some of you SDSU fans are as arrogant as UND fans. I think the basketball season is far from over even though you apparently have already bought tickets for the post season at Frost Arena. Are you really an MD or is that just your initials so some might think you are one. Either way it helps explain your pompous attitude.

jackmd
02-14-2004, 04:54 AM
Nice try SDBison. *Not pompous as you say, just confident. *If I'm wrong, fine. *I wish I could be in Grand Forks tomorrow to witness whatever outcome will be, unfortunately, I will be stuck in Rochester, MN listening on the web. *Despite your fears and a weak attempt at discrediting me, I suspect we will go into Grand Forks tomorrow night (regardless of wether I am cocky, confident or just right) and win both games.

SDbison
02-14-2004, 05:12 AM
My response to your posts reflected some facts about the content of your posts.......your reference to me being naive and an average human being are a personal attack based on nothing contained in my post. Just look at one of your statements in your most recent post, "equal or if your lucky equivalent......." What kind of meaningless spew is that? Reminds me of something a Sioux troll might post.

silkamilkamonico
02-14-2004, 05:16 AM
~I see the SDSU men winning in GF, but not the women.....I dont think there is a clear cut team better than everyone else in the women's NCC...and SDSU is also playing them at Hyslop....the Sioux women dont lose at Hyslop...I would be shocked if the Sioux women lost...

NDSU_grad
02-14-2004, 05:27 AM
I'd be surprised if the sue women lost too. You guys realize technically we should root for Upstate Normal School tomorrow. I'm pretty sure that the tiebreaker goes to the team with the better record against the next best team. In other words, if SDSU and us were tied for 1st, since we split they would look at our records against the 3rd place team (which will probably be the sue). If they beat SDSU tomorrow, it would almost assure us of the regular season conference championship unless we have total meltdown.

jackmd
02-14-2004, 05:40 AM
I must quesion your logic. *The Sue's win over Augie was far from impressive tonight and the SDSU women only showed up for one half against the Bison and managed to win. *I think we march past UND tomorrow and into the remainder of the NCC schedule with only one thing in mind, winning the NCC. *

Regardless, I believe there is no one in the NSIC who can defeat Concordia and knock them out of the #1 ranking in the regional. *Given their wins over NDSU, SDSU and MSU they will likely host. *Either way, SDSU comes out as BACK-TO-BACK-TO-BACK regional champs.
Screw the Sue, the U, and NDSU too.

Tuk
02-14-2004, 06:36 AM
I

Oooooo........ouch! So much for thinking SDSU fans were all pretty decent. Looks like jackmd just spoiled that impression......unless....

he is a closet UND fan??

Bisonguy
02-14-2004, 07:17 AM
More like the reincarnation of siouxrock. ::)

D
02-14-2004, 08:55 AM
I must quesion your logic. *The Sue's win over Augie was far from impressive tonight and the SDSU women only showed up for one half against the Bison and managed to win.

Once again, please know the facts if you are going to talk about far from impressive victories, the bunnys beat Augie in Brookings by 11, the Sioux won by 10 tonight, so both beat Augie in "far from impressive" fashion doc.

Jackrabbit
02-14-2004, 01:03 PM
Jackmd, please lighten up. I've been a Jackrabbit fan longer than you've been born. One of the things I like about our fans is that they leave the hostility and arrogance to USD. From a historical standpoint, the trip to North Dakota has always been difficult. Let's be candid, we were lucky to have won the women's game against NDSU (being down 19 points) just as we were unlucky to have lost to them at home (after being up by 13). As for UND, our women always have a difficult time at Hyslop Arena. That is a fact. As for our men, it is extremely rare that we sweep the North Dakota trip. We have gone to North Dakota with several great teams in the past and still come away with at least one loss.

Win or lose, the sun will still rise on the South Dakota State University campus on Sunday morning.

BisonMav
02-14-2004, 01:33 PM
.....*Either way, SDSU comes out as BACK-TO-BACK-TO-BACK regional champs.

Holy sh##, I almost want to say I hope the Sioux win tonight.

http://www.eurweb.com//images/02022004/chevrolet_soap(2004-superbowl-ad-med).jpg

jackmd
02-14-2004, 02:03 PM
All in fun, fellas. May have been a bit of my alter-ego last night after a tough week for Fred Oien (and many to come) and a long day for me. No excuses if I offended anyone. I am excited about the potential for the Jacks mens and womens BB teams to make some waves in their last season in DII and the NCC. I also want to express my enthusiasm for the move to DIA/DIAA. Again, sorry for offending any loyal Bison fans.

SDbison
02-14-2004, 04:42 PM
No offense taken jackmd. Actually I am sure some of the NDSU fans want the friendliness of the joint D1 move to cease and the rivalry with SDSU to begin. Regardless of the outcome of the basketball season I believe the Bison will stomp the Rabbits next year in football.

Both NDSU and SDSU need to forget about the lower tier universities in our states (we no longer need to recognize their names). They are scared and lonely types who want to retreat into their world of secure victories against lowly and inadequate competition.

Much as you were able to gloat last night jackmd there will definitely be some crow to eat should your lofty predictions for the Jack women and men not come true!
I will say this, the Jack mens team is impressive, but the Bison women are really the better team. Even though Amy Ruley is an excellant coach I think she has to take some of the blame last night for not being able to hold onto a 19 point lead with less than 10 minutes left in the game.

And finally, to remind you, and the bonehead columnist, Mike McFeely of the Fargo Forum, NDSU has not yet lost the NCC, in fact, NDSU is currently tied for first in both womens and mens basketball. Just like the three losses early in the season for the Jack men strange things can happen in the NCC.

So bring on SDSU and the rest of the D1 world. Your competition and smack talk (within reason) is welcome.

jackmd
02-14-2004, 04:52 PM
As you might predict, I eat a lot of crow. Just so you know, I always clean my plate!

In a previous post I stated that I thought we could win Friday night in Fargo and I was actually more concerned about a possible letdown in Grand Forks. Agreed, the Sioux men are not a good team and there would be no excuse to lose. The women, on the other hand, are a great team and even better at Hyslop.

On another note, the quality of the SDSU womens program is a direct reflection of the competative teams that NDSU and UND put on the court for the last several decades. I must say, I think our women are as good as the best teams in the nation, NDSU included. A game on a neutral court in the post-season (Championship game of the regional in St. Paul?) might be an instant classic.

Finally, some of the causticness (is that a word?) of my previous posts is intended to focus the emotions of NDSU/SDSU fans on this rivalry. Time to leave UND/USD behind and look ahead to DIAA FB and DIA BB. Its too early to say, but I would like to think we will give you guys all you can handle down in Brookings this fall. Either way, I appreciate NDSU and UNC leading the way up and out of DII and the NCC. I look forward to the Dakotas having DI schools.

Tuk
02-14-2004, 06:26 PM
Fair enough jackmd.....let the new rivalry begin!!

Is someone going to get that big stick anytime soon?? :)

Bisonguy
02-14-2004, 06:34 PM
jackmd,

I'm pretty sure the rivalry will take care of itself, but thanks for trying to throw some gasoline on the fire ;).

89rabbit
02-14-2004, 08:40 PM
You guys did ask for that, some time ago and I believe my attempt was called "weak". Seems the good Doctor has more game then I. ;)

Go Jackrabbits!

Bisonguy
02-15-2004, 01:39 AM
Amy Ruley picks up win #600 as the Bison women win 78-73.

*;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :o :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

jackmd
02-15-2004, 04:57 AM
As you might predict, I eat a lot of crow. *Just so you know, I always clean my plate!

MMM, tastes like Bison, I mean chicken.

Congrats to coach Ruley.