PDA

View Full Version : Has NDSU peaked in Mens and Womens BB?

WYOBISONMAN
02-21-2004, 12:46 PM
A tough weekend for both the Bison BB squads. *Both lost games to teams that I though NDSU could handle. *USD may have handed a very major setback to the Men's quest for the post season. *Here is hoping that things calm down and the Bison get back on track!

JBB
02-21-2004, 02:28 PM
In the first game the BISON shot only 33% from the field, 4 of 21 3 ptrs I think. It was frustrating to listen to and Im sure the players were fit-to-be-tied. Im not sure what happened in the second game but the BISON were 19 down in the second half when I decided cooking the tenderloins was a better option.

BisonMav
02-21-2004, 03:25 PM
Both USD teams were ranked high in the preseason polls. They are good teams. The USD men are hot and cold, last night they were hot. I figured a split this weekend would be okay, with the two Minnesota schools coming to Fargo next weekend. If the women win out, they will have home court for the NCC tourney.

BisonFan
02-22-2004, 07:08 AM
Both NDSU's teams seem to live and die by the three. *The Men went on their winning streak when the game worked from the inside out (i.e. Erbes and May were plan A, and plan B was to kick it out to the perimeter). Now they seem to have resorted to passing the ball around the perimeter and then either shooting an off-balance three as the shot clock is winding down or driving to the lane for an off-balance shot under heavy duress. *What will it take to get a consistent post game in NDSU men's basketball? *It never seems to happen...I don't think I've seen a consistent post game in NDSU Men's basketball in 5+ years....Derek Hodges is the last guy I can think of that played consistent in the post. *I guess Denver Tenbroek could play the post better than any of the big guys NDSU has had in the last 5-6 years. *Kind of sad when a guard/small forward is the best post player on the team in recent years. *

wfduck
02-22-2004, 07:50 PM
Both NDSU's teams seem to live and die by the three. *The Men went on their winning streak when the game worked from the inside out (i.e. Erbes and May were plan A, and plan B was to kick it out to the perimeter). Now they seem to have resorted to passing the ball around the perimeter and then either shooting an off-balance three as the shot clock is winding down or driving to the lane for an off-balance shot under heavy duress. *What will it take to get a consistent post game in NDSU men's basketball? *It never seems to happen...I don't think I've seen a consistent post game in NDSU Men's basketball in 5+ years....Derek Hodges is the last guy I can think of that played consistent in the post. *I guess Denver Tenbroek could play the post better than any of the big guys NDSU has had in the last 5-6 years. *Kind of sad when a guard/small forward is the best post player on the team in recent years. **

i agree. i was eating some crow the first go round of the NCC. but over time the lack of a true inside game is KILLIN' the herd. Plain and simple they need a big time banger. Nothing against a 6'3 or 6'5 guy that plays like he's 6'8. we need a couple athletic 6'8 or solid 6'10 players.

jackmd
02-23-2004, 09:25 PM
Nice performance by UND women on the road :-[. USD helped out NDSU/SDSU this weekend. We can't win at Hyslop and have a much better chance in Fargo. SCSU is reeling and MSU sucks so there would be no excuse for you guys to blow at least a tie for the NCC women's title. I hope UND's road woes extend into the regional in St. Paul.

If SDSU's women can pull off a minor upset and beat USD in Vermillion we will finish tied with NDSU. Given the split during the regular season and identical conference and overall records how do they determine the #1 seed? Is it regional rank, common opponents? Help me out here.

NDSU men are in big trouble. They probably need to win the conference tourney on the road for a regional bid. I don't think they play tough enough defense nor do the have a reliable go to guy in the clutch. SDSU needs a win on Friday over UNO. That game will determine the conference champ and the location of the tourney as well as make the USD game only about pride. I look forward to this.