PDA

View Full Version : NCC women

roadwarrior
02-26-2004, 04:16 AM
I saw on the WDAY sports that if the BISON women win both games this weekend, we will take the number one spot for the NCC post season tournament. It appears that some criteria puts us ahead of the Jacks, who would tie us for first place if the Jacks can hold Mandy Koupal to under 30 points. Since we split in the regular season (both losing at home), there must be something else looked at to determine the #1 seed.

jackmd
02-28-2004, 02:02 AM
Here is what detemines the #1 seed. *If NDSU wins out you will host the tourney. *The regional is almost certainly in St. Paul.

League tiebreakers go this way:
If two teams are tied, head-to-head results are used first.

If the teams split, then the team with the best record against the third-place club is declared champion.

If there is also a tie for third, the first-place tie is broken by figuring the best combined record against the teams tied for third. Ties are settled from first place on down the standings.

If none of those systems work, a coin flip determines which school hosts the NCC Tournament.

tony
02-29-2004, 03:01 AM
Great win for the women tonight.

jackmd
02-29-2004, 03:19 AM
Womens scores:

North Dakota 90
Minnesota State 72

North Dakota State 89
St. Cloud State 57

Augustana 78
Nebraska-Omaha 75

South Dakota State 61
Suck Dakota 58

NDSU will be #1 seed, SDSU #2, UND #3, USD #4, SCSU #5, Augie #6 and MSU #7.

Looks like the Jacks will match up with UND in the semis. Bison will probably get USD. Would love to beat you guys again in Fargo but it will be tought to even get to the championship game. Anything can happen.

89rabbit
02-29-2004, 03:27 AM
Congrats to both the NDSU and SDSU women as finish their last season in the NCC as Co-Champions. See you in Fargo! ;D

jackmd
02-29-2004, 04:48 AM
WOMEN'S TOURNAMENT
NDSU (22-5, 11-3) #1 seed and hosts semifinals and finals next Friday and Saturday.

TUESDAY PAIRINGS
#2 South Dakota State (22-5, 11-3) hosts #7 Minnesota State (9-18, 3-11)
#3 North Dakota (22-5, 10-4) hosts #6 Augustana (13-14, 5-9)
#4 South Dakota (24-6, 9-5) hosts #5 St. Cloud State (17-10, 7-7)

MEN'S TOURNAMENT
#1 Nebraska-Omaha (10-4, 20-7) hosts semifinals and finals

TUESDAY GAMES
#7 North Dakota (5-9, 14-13) at #2 South Dakota State (9-5, 25-5)
#6 Minnesota State (7-7, 17-10) at #3 South Dakota (8-6, 19-8)
#5 St. Cloud State (7-7, 18-9) at #4 North Dakota State (8-6, 15-12) .

I hope we get another shot at USD.

jackmd
03-02-2004, 09:06 PM
We should have no trouble with MSU tonight nor will the Sue have any trouble with Augie. Jacks will need has many Sue-haters has possible in the crowd on Friday night. If we can battle past the Sue (we will need some hot shooters and a little luck) I welcome a rematch against NDSU on Saturday. Especially if USD can wear the Bison down a little bit on Friday.

It would be nice to get a higher seed in the regional and play one of the RMAC teams in St. Paul. NDSU, UND, and SDSU are playing for that #2 seed. USD is in the regional but I am not sure they will be higher than #3 even if they win the tourney (which is unlikely anyways).

Concordia will be the #1 seed and should be the only team from the NSIC unless there is an upset in the conference tourney. Kearney and Ft. Lewis are in from the RMAC for sure and one of them could easily be upset in the tourney. If not, not sure where that 8th team will come from. Probably should be SCSU based on overall season, but with such a terrible finish I am not sure they will get in. Maybe it will be the 3rd best team from the RMAC.

I will likely attend the regional and would welcome a semi-final round consisting only of NCC teams. Problem being, I suspect the #8 seed will not be an NCC team therefore allowing Concordia through to the semis. I just can't see Concordia in the finals, however.

mustangfan
03-03-2004, 12:04 AM
Concordia is the real deal. If their at home (though not much fan support), they'll be tough to beat. How can you not see them in the finals? Yes, they could be beaten, but they already beat NDSU and SDSU this year

If they win the basketball region, that would be volleyball and women's basketball? I guess going D2 5 years ago wasn't a bad idea.

BisonMav
03-03-2004, 12:41 AM
Concordia is the real deal. *If their at home (though not much fan support), they'll be tough to beat. *How can you not see them in the finals? *Yes, they could be beaten, but they already beat NDSU and SDSU this year

If they win the basketball region, that would be volleyball and women's basketball? *I guess going D2 5 years ago wasn't a bad idea. *
CSP is probably better than at the beginning of the season, but so are NDSU and SDSU. The NCC competition will help. Should be a good regional.

jackmd
03-03-2004, 03:57 AM
SDSU women were playing their worst at the time they lost to Concordia and Winona St. NDSU probably should have won that game. I suspect we will have a substantial crowd in St. Paul for the regional.

Mustangfan, I'll take any NCC team and you take Concordia. I'll even put up 2:1 odds. What challenge have they faced over the last 2 months? I'll answer that, none. Nice NSIC season similar to Ft. Lewis in the RMAC 2 years ago. Soon the "real" teams come to town and I doubt Concordia can hold up. Maybe I'm wrong. Won't be the first time. Send me a message with any wager you would like. Once again, I'll even take the hated Coyotes over Concordia.

jackmd
03-04-2004, 03:15 AM
SDSU finishes in the #2 spot. 4 NCC teams in the top 5. Concordia the lone rep from the NSIC. I doubt they've seen any teams playing as well as the NCC teams during the late season. I expect an all-NCC finals.

North Central Region
1. Concordia-St. Paul 25-2
2. South Dakota State 22-5
3. North Dakota State 22-5
4. North Dakota 22-5
5. South Dakota 24-6
6. Nebraska-Kearney 22-5
7. Fort Lewis 21-6
8. St. Cloud State 17-10
9. Colorado State-Pueblo 19-8
10. Regis (Colorado) 19-8

roadwarrior
03-06-2004, 01:57 AM
BISON women beat USD at the BSA 74-68 in the NCC post season tourney.

The BISON outrebound the mavs 46-18 ! Omaha had ZERO offensive boards.

Bisonguy
03-06-2004, 02:01 AM
BISON women beat USD at the BSA 71-68 in the NCC post season tourney.

74-68. Don't sell the Lady Bison short *;). NDSU had a ridiculous rebound advantage, something like 42-18 total, 20-0 offensive. I heard the last minute of the game on the way home from work. Sounded like the BSA was rockin'.

Edit- You changed the score, roadwarrior. ;D

roadwarrior
03-06-2004, 02:04 AM
A late 3, bisonguy ;D

filbert
03-06-2004, 02:11 AM
Well done, our land-grant Bison pals...A shame about the unfortunate goings-on in Omaha so far tonight. I was looking forward to a dual SDSU-NDSU final in both the men's and women's tournaments.

Still, hope to meet up with you tomorrow night in the BSA.

Go Rabbits!

fight_on_sioux
03-06-2004, 05:48 PM
Should be a good game tonight between UND and NDSU for the tournament championship. It sounds like both teams are playing pretty well which should make for an interesting final. ;)

bisongold
03-06-2004, 10:53 PM
What time is the game and is it televised?

Bisonfan1
03-07-2004, 12:54 AM
Game is at 7:00 PM, Havent found anything about televised, but am going to run through the channels just in case, or its radio broadcast for me. Wish I could have made it there to the game. GO BISON !!!!