KTF
03-07-2004, 03:33 AM
anybody got the score of the game?

somebison
03-07-2004, 03:55 AM
according to the Siouxsports board we lost :-/

somebison
03-07-2004, 04:00 AM
D... if you're out there I am assuming you have a score/recap?

inform please :)

D
03-07-2004, 04:08 AM
Sioux won by 10 or 11. They were up big in the 1st half, 34-23 and I got cut-off from my webcast. Got reconnected at half and it was a tied at 37. It was back and forth 'til about the 8:00 mark and the Sioux went on a run to go up by 9. Bison cut it to 5 with about 3:00 but the Sioux went on another run and ended up winning by the 10 or 11 they did. Leighton had 35, maybe more.

somebison
03-07-2004, 04:18 AM
http://gobison.jumpinteractive.com/news/index.cgi?id=1023

Leighton Nets 35 to Propel UND to 80-71 Over NDSU in Well Fargo Finals

It will be interesting to see what the pairings look like. CSP is the wildcard even though they will be the #1 seed, and have beaten some good teams this year (NDSU etc) but they haven't played NCC quality teams for a while.

My list of the best teams in the region*

1. UND
2. NDSU/SDSU/CSP
5. USD
6. who cares

*I know nothing about basketball and women's basketball in particular.

Bisonguy
03-07-2004, 04:18 AM
D,

How about UND by 9, 80-71? *;)

Leighton had 35, the recap is up on the Bison site- http://gobison.jumpinteractive.com/news/index.cgi?id=1023

Bison were down by 15 in the first half, but battled back to tie at halftime. It was back and forth in the second half, but UND went on a good run with about 8:00 left that NDSU couldn't come back from.

Edit- What's the deal with the NBA lack of travelling calls in the NCC this year? I was talking to a few different people at the half that were discussing this. Isn't three steps without putting the ball on the floor travelling? ???

D
03-07-2004, 04:22 AM
Sorry :).
Sounded like a good game until the very end. The turnovers by UND will come back to haunt them. They had 25 the last I heard tonight. Bison started out 1-16 on 3's, not sure how they ended up. This regional seeding is going to be interesting, the seeding could go any of about 5 different ways.

Bisonguy
03-07-2004, 04:28 AM
Bison shot 32% overall, Sioux shot 56%.

NDSU just looked flat at times. They also started out very slow, UND led something like 14-2.

Should be an interesting game in the regional.

NDSU_grad
03-07-2004, 04:34 AM
It's tough to beat a team three times. I'd rather the Bison lose this game than in the regionals when it really counts.

BisonFan
03-07-2004, 04:35 AM
Living and dying by the 3 point shot again....4-24 from behind the arc....ouch! I wish the Bison coaches for both the Men and Women would put more emphasis on the game working from the inside out. Every year it comes down to whether or not the 3's are falling because that's what they do the majority of the time. Its time for the coaches to start emphasizing the basics of low post basketball and if that goes well run high/low offenses with a balanced attack inside and outside.

Bisonguy
03-07-2004, 04:42 AM
NDSU was doing a decent job with an inside game when they cameback in the first half (guards driving, as well). They seemed to drop that strategy in the second half ???

BisonFan
03-07-2004, 04:52 AM
Fricke 1-8 from behind the Arc?????? I know she can hit them when she is on, but she is much better suited to be playing down in the low blocks....if she would've taken 8 more two pointers down low and made a decent percentage of them just think...Do the coaches realize how much their team's success depends on the 3 falling?

met1990
03-07-2004, 10:30 AM
Four-for-24 from behind the arc? Thirty-two percent shooting for the game? Yowch!!

Leighton did a great job exploiting a Bison defense that wasn't willing to double team a good player. We'll find out tonight at 9:30 but I can only hope that four NCC teams make it to the regions.

SDSUFAN
03-07-2004, 04:43 PM
I know you Bison fans will not want me to say this, but that score of the UND-NDSU was the biggest surpise of the week. UND took us out the night before and come back winning big time. The UND ladies could be on a roll.

Lets see how they play in Peoria, opps I mean St Paul.

UND seems to have momentum right now and at the right time.

silkamilkamonico
03-08-2004, 09:16 PM
~the bison did look flat at times, they played with alot of heart and battled but it just got away from them. Sioux did a good job making the bison one dimensional down the last 8 min, with Froehlich wearing down trying to go 1 on 1 or Fricke shooting the three...like you guys said we really need to hit 3's....the bison have played very good the last couple of weeks lets hope they can respond to last nite and I think they will...UND look very strong right now, very quick team.......Fricke isnt a great 3 point shooter, she can hit them but I dont understand why Amy likes to try to force it, I think she should be trying for the rebound(yet again I havent won national championships either ;D
...anyways I think it will be a fun regional