PDA

View Full Version : SDSU women give #20 Purdue a tough fight

NoDakSt
12-29-2004, 02:40 PM
SDSU women gave the 20th ranked Boilers all and then some only trailing by three heading into the last minute of the game in West Lafayette. *Final score was Purdue 57, SDSU 50.

mikelsch
12-29-2004, 04:06 PM
I really wish the NDSU women would have scheduled like SDSU this year. I think this puts us a year behind them. Seriously, what good does playing a bunch of lower level teams do for us?

mikelsch
12-29-2004, 04:11 PM
As demonstrated by the competitiveness of SDSU's women this year, both SDSU and NDSU are not that far away from being in the tourney and in the top 25.

NoDakSt
12-29-2004, 06:25 PM
I'm not sure if it puts us a year behind although recruitingwise, it may not help us out. I'm sure that Amy is touting next year's schedule as being really important to getting good recruits into NDSU.

jack100
12-29-2004, 08:51 PM
I'm not sure if it puts us a year behind although recruitingwise, it may not help us out. I'm sure that Amy is touting next year's schedule as being really important to getting good recruits into NDSU.

NDSU will be a year behind as far as scheduling goes. Next year - most of these D1 will be traveling to Brookings as part of home and home agreements. The Bison will not have these home games until the 2006-07 season.

Bisonguy
12-29-2004, 09:18 PM
NDSU will be a year behind as far as scheduling goes. *Next year - most of these D1 will be traveling to Brookings as part of home and home agreements. *The Bison will not have these home games until the 2006-07 season.

Did the SDSU women schedule a lot more home/homes than the men? I know a lot of the DI Jacks mens were only guarantee games.

89rabbit
12-29-2004, 10:10 PM
The Men have quite a few coming back to us next year. Here is what I know about so far.

SDSU Men's '05-'06 schedule

At Nebraska
At Montana St.
Morningside
UMKC
Tennessee St.
at San Diego St.
Denver
Butler
Manhattan
SE Missouri St.
Wisconsin-Milwaukee
at Central Florida
at Marquette
SW Minnesota St.

Bisonguy
12-29-2004, 10:20 PM
89-

Looks better than I thought. I knew Marquette and a couple others were guarantees, but it looks like the Jacks have a decent amount of DI games at Frost next year.

BisonMav
12-30-2004, 12:52 PM
NDSU will be a year behind as far as scheduling goes. *Next year - most of these D1 will be traveling to Brookings as part of home and home agreements. *The Bison will not have these home games until the 2006-07 season.

I wouldn't be so quick to say that. Alabama and Tennessee coming to Fargo next year.

BISON_PRIDE

Amy Ruley doesn't seem worried
« on: Dec 14th, 2004, 9:13pm » Quote Modify

Did anybody see WDAY at 6:00 tonight? It doesn't sound like Amy Ruley was worried about scheduling for next year. She couldn't name any teams but said that fans will be surprized at who will be coming to Fargo. With her stature in the world of women's BB, I don't think we will have any trouble bringing in good teams. The argument against doing DI has included, not realistically being able to compete for a nat. championship outside of football. But for me, to have a chance at knocking off a U. of Minn. or another team from a power conference would be almost as exciting and would bring us a lot of exposure also.

NoDakSt
12-31-2004, 03:17 AM
Jack Rabbit women obliterated Oklahoma State women today. They have shocked quite a few folks and are playing exceptionally well on the road.