PDA

View Full Version : How many games will the Bison women lose this year

Bison007
12-23-2004, 09:12 AM
11-0 start.......not to shabby.

jackmd
12-23-2004, 06:33 PM
I see at least 2 losses for sure. *One on Jan 22nd and one on Feb 26th. Might lose the next game against a decent DII team. Win over Superior was quality.

Better question:

Will the Bison women defeat any DI teams this year?

If I were you I would be looking at Cincinnati as your best shot. TCU is tough and my money says you aren't beating the Jacks this year.

roadwarrior
12-23-2004, 08:02 PM
I'll say a split with the Jackrabbits is likely. Both teams play very well at home. I agree that TCU is a long shot to beat, and hopefully Cincinnati will be a win.

I think that this year's team has much more depth than we did last year.

GoBisonGo
01-03-2005, 06:35 PM
I see at least 2 losses for sure. *One on Jan 22nd and one on Feb 26th. *Might lose the next game against a decent DII team. *Win over Superior was quality.

Better question:

Will the Bison women defeat any DI teams this year?

If I were you I would be looking at Cincinnati as your best shot. *TCU is tough and my money says you aren't beating the Jacks this year.

I think the Lady Jacks are finding out that there are a lot of DI teams that are not as good as the teams in the NCC. SDSU's women win by 28 at Oklahoma St. When was the last time SDSU won at UND by that much.
They are getting a little full of themselves and I for one can't wait until they make their visit to Fargo.

JACKGUYII
01-03-2005, 10:35 PM
I don't think anyone ever disputed the top of the NCC Women's Basketball could compete with many DI teams. Rather than downplay the Lady Jacks ability to compete at this level how about celebrate it. The Jacks put together a very difficult schedule and have played exceptionally well. Three of our 4 losses to DI teams USC,Purdue,Oregon State the game was in question until the last minute. Rutgers who is a top 25 team and our only other loss was a tight game until the last 10 minutes. Rutgers just beat the #3 team in the country. I'm not going to be so bold as to predict a sweep by the Lady Jacks over the Bison but am looking forward to both games. The Jacks chose to challenge themselves with a difficult schedule and the Bison decided to go another direction. I would think the Jacks would be very confident playing the Bison or anyone else. Up next Middle Tennesse State tonight and Alabama on Wednesday.

NoDakSt
01-04-2005, 02:34 AM
Bison down St. Anselm tonight 77-60. It was a late run that got the Bison the sin as St. Anselm played the Bison tough.

SDSU beat Middle Tennesee State 58-56. MTSU was an NCAA team last season that upset North Carolina in the first round. Most of that team returned for the Blue Raiders. Quality win for SDSU.

tony
01-04-2005, 05:30 AM
WOW! SDSU is just tearing it up right now.

CACTUS
01-04-2005, 02:45 PM
Give us a couple of weeks, and our women will be beating up the Bison again. I dont know what your men have done, but ours are having a bit of trouble at the moment.

JACKGUYII
01-04-2005, 03:54 PM
The Coach of Middle Tennessee was quoted saying on her post game show that SDSU was the most physical team she has coached against in her 17 years and was 10 times better than their last opponent Cincinnatti which I believe is an upcoming opponent for the Bison.

GoBisonGo
01-04-2005, 04:58 PM
I don't think anyone ever disputed the top of the NCC Women's Basketball could compete with many DI teams. Rather than downplay the Lady Jacks ability to compete at this level how about celebrate it. The Jacks put together a very difficult schedule and have played exceptionally well. Three of our 4 losses to DI teams USC,Purdue,Oregon State the game was in question until the last minute. Rutgers who is a top 25 team and our only other loss was a tight game until the last 10 minutes. Rutgers just beat the #3 team in the country. I'm not going to be so bold as to predict a sweep by the Lady Jacks over the Bison but am looking forward to both games. The Jacks chose to challenge themselves with a difficult schedule and the Bison decided to go another direction. I would think the Jacks would be very confident playing the Bison or anyone else. Up next Middle Tennesse State tonight and Alabama on Wednesday.

You are missing my point. I'm saying that the Jacks just think they have a tougher schedule because they have a lot of teams with D-I behind their name. But what I'm saying is that a lot of the DII teams that we are playing are better than a lot of the D-I teams you are playing, not all of them of course. You act as if every DI team you play is better than any DII team out there. That would be like saying a lot of these DI teams on your schedule that you are whipping were better than you last year just because you were DII and they were DI. Our schedule has been tougher than you think.

mikelsch
01-04-2005, 06:11 PM
I think NDSU and SDSU have played good schedules, despite the DI vs. DII categories. As we are finding out, there are a limited amount of really tough women's DI teams. This is good news for NDSU and SDSU's future success in DI women's BBall. Just like any other season lately, the SU women't teams are similar in quality, and I expect a split this year.

89rabbit
01-04-2005, 06:18 PM
The Coach of Middle Tennessee was quoted saying on her post game show that SDSU was the most physical team she has coached against in her 17 years and was 10 times better than their last opponent Cincinnatti which I believe is an upcoming opponent for the Bison.

I have always been impressed with NDSU's Women's team. Good luck against the Cincinnatti Bearcats, let them know how we play basketball in the Nothern Plains!

Go State! ;D

JACKGUYII
01-04-2005, 08:28 PM
You are missing my point. *I'm saying that the Jacks just think they have a tougher schedule because they have a lot of teams with D-I behind their name. *But what I'm saying is that a lot of the DII teams that we are playing are better than a lot of the D-I teams you are playing, not all of them of course. *You act as if every DI team you play is better than any DII team out there. *That would be like saying a lot of these DI teams on your schedule that you are whipping were better than you last year just because you were DII and they were DI. Our schedule has been tougher than you think.

This has to be one of the dumbest post I have seen on this board in a long time. Are you really Bison01234? We think we have a tougher schedule because we are playing teams with a DI behind them? I act as if every DI we play is better than any DII out there? Where did I insuate that? I would argue some of the *area DII teams we have played SW Minnesota State,Concordia St Paul and a DIII(Wisc Eau Claire) are as good as any of the teams you have played. I don't think when we scheduled the DI games we anticipated any of them would be easy. After playing the games all on the road I would say two (Northern Ill,Texas State)and maybe Ok State would struggle with the top teams in the NCC. The balance of our DI schedule Rutgers,Kentucky,Oregon State,USC,Purdue,Middle Tenn State,Alabama are legitimate teams that would beat most DII programs. The freshman and sophmore players we have on this team were recruited with the DI move in mind and we would not have been able to compete like we have without getting that calibre of player. Maybe your schedule is tougher than I thought. Maybe ours is a lot tougher than you thought. Is your schedule tougher than last year? I would say no with the absence of NCC games. I can honestly say our schedule is much tougher this year than last year. I guess we will see which approach prepared its team better for the upcoming games with the State U's. I doubt going into Fargo will be more intimidating than playing at Purdue or Southern Cal. Last nights opponent Middle Tenn State won its conference, went to the tournament and has beaten Wisconsin. *

jackmd
01-04-2005, 08:35 PM
You are missing my point. *I'm saying that the Jacks just think they have a tougher schedule because they have a lot of teams with D-I behind their name. *But what I'm saying is that a lot of the DII teams that we are playing are better than a lot of the D-I teams you are playing, not all of them of course. *You act as if every DI team you play is better than any DII team out there. *That would be like saying a lot of these DI teams on your schedule that you are whipping were better than you last year just because you were DII and they were DI. Our schedule has been tougher than you think.

We'll settle this argument on the court. I like my team, you like yours. Advice, try not to make your jealousy regarding the Jack's success so obvious. Its not flattering.

mikelsch
01-04-2005, 08:55 PM
I don't think NDSU fans are jealous of SDSU's success at all. We think it is encouraging, because we see our women's team as the equal of SDSU's team. I am glad you are showing the rest of the country what SDSU (and next year what NDSU) has to offer on a national DI scale. After the transition, expect SDSU and NDSU's women to make the tourney on a regular basis. I wish the jump for men's BBall wasn't so steep.

JACKGUYII
01-04-2005, 09:33 PM
Greenie I agree with you. However the comments by GoBisonGo reflect a little different tone.

GoBisonGo
01-04-2005, 10:23 PM
[quote author=JACKGUYII

This has to be one of the dumbest post I have seen on this board in a long time. Are you really Bison01234? We think we have a tougher schedule because we are playing teams with a DI behind them? I act as if every DI we play is better than any DII out there? Where did I insuate that? [/quote]

Where did you insuate that? Well let me quote another one of your posts: Earlier today Jackguy wrote: "The Jacks chose to challenge themselves with a difficult schedule and the Bison decided to go another direction."

If you challenged yourself with a difficult schedule and we went in another direction then wouldn't that insuate that we chose an easy schedule. One doesn't have to play with words too much to conclude thats what you were getting at when you made that comment. A different path from a difficult schedule would be an easy schedule.
All I'm saying is there are a lot of DII teams that are tougher than many of the D-I teams that you have played. Notice I don't say all of the D-I teams you played. Your four losses were to good D-I teams.

JACKGUYII
01-04-2005, 10:39 PM
How can you even argue that the Bison have an easier schedule than the Jacks. That's plain fact. The Bison don't even appear on the DI radar because they haven't played enough DI competition. So your saying the only good DI teams we have played are the ones we lost too? Because the Jacks beat a DI team they must be bad and every good DII team could also beat them. That pretty pathetic logic. If both the Jacks and Bison reach 20 wins this year IMHO I know which one had a more difficult path to get there. We will see on the court soon enough.

89rabbit
01-04-2005, 10:49 PM
This has to be one of the dumbest post I have seen on this board in a long time. Are you really Bison01234? *

No GoBisonGo is Big Jake. ::)

GoBisonGo
01-05-2005, 01:11 AM
How can you even argue that the Bison have an easier schedule than the Jacks. That's plain fact. The Bison don't even appear on the DI radar because they haven't played enough DI competition. So your saying the only good DI teams we have played are the ones we lost too? Because the Jacks beat a DI team they must be bad and every good DII team could also beat them. That pretty pathetic logic. If both the Jacks and Bison reach 20 wins this year IMHO I know which one had a more difficult path to get there. We will see on the court soon enough.

At least now you are admitting your real feelings. Last post you were trying to act like you didn't think that you played a tougher schedule just because you had more D-I opponents, but now you are saying you do feel that way. I'm not saying that every DI team you beat is bad and every good DII team would beat them, but I am saying there are some DII teams that would beat some of those D-I teams on your schedule. I guess you are saying that no DII team can beat a DI team, thats pretty pathetic logic. I guess the team you've had for the last 4 years wouldn't be able to beat any of these teams you have played.
All I'm saying is we've beat some DII teams this year that are better than a lot of the D-I teams you have beaten. I'll admit that you have a tough schedule, that is something that you have not been willing to admit about us. You think it's just about how many DI teams you play, without regard for whether they are very good D-I teams or not, as long as they are D-I that is all that matters to you.
89Rabbit, I'm not Jake. Believe it or not there are people outside of BigJake that can't stand the pompous attitude of SDSU fans.

JBNJBQ
01-05-2005, 12:41 PM
All I'm saying is we've beat some DII teams this year that are better than a lot of the D-I teams you have beaten.

Name them?

NoDakSt
01-05-2005, 01:04 PM
I can think of three....Lake Superior State, Bentley and Minnesota Duluth. I think they could give North Texas a run for their money.

JBNJBQ
01-05-2005, 01:55 PM
North Texas?

That's "a lot of DI Schools" ???

GoBisonGo
01-05-2005, 02:13 PM
Those DII schools mentioned earlier are better than:
Texas St.
Okla. St.
Northern Illinois
Possibly Kentucky who was picked to get last in conference.

Those are just ones that you have played. Those DII schools mentioned are better than a lot of other DI schools because I'm not trying to say that you have played the worst DI schools out there, because you haven't. I'm not even trying to knock your schedule, because I think it has been a tough one. All I'm saying is ours has been tough as well. Don't be fooled by the lack of D-I teams on our schedule.

jackrabbit1979
01-05-2005, 03:31 PM
Kentucky has an RPI of about 70 right now, much better than some of the other D1's we played (ie Oregon State). *Just because they were picked last in their conference means they suck i know. *Sounds similar to the Jacks football team this year, picked last in their conference, and we know how that ended up for you guys. *It seems to me that a lot on this board call SDSU fans pompous, etc. for having the same feelings that most bison fans have. *

GoBisonGo
01-05-2005, 04:04 PM
Kentucky has an RPI of about 70 right now, much better than some of the other D1's we played (ie Oregon State). *Just because they were picked last in their conference means they suck i know. *Sounds similar to the Jacks football team this year, picked last in their conference, and we know how that ended up for you guys

Remind me, where did the Jacks finish in the conference for football. If I remember right you guys tied for last. It looks like everyone who picked you to finish last was right. I'm glad you were able to salvage your season with a win over us, we won't be over looking you the next time. It's tough to get up for SDSU and we are your guys' super bowl. It was kind of like the Dolphins beating the Patriots this year, just one lucky game. It certainly doesn't mean you were better.

jack100
01-05-2005, 04:13 PM
NDSU women might sweep the Jacks this year - who knows. NDSU men probably will win both. However, GoBisonGo - your argument about scheduling belongs in the garbage - totally without merit and makes you look stupid. SDSU's schedule is much tougher than NDSU's. Really cannot be an argument on this. What can be argued is who has the better team this year - the teams play twice - maybe NDSU is the better team.

89rabbit
01-05-2005, 04:24 PM
NDSU women might sweep the Jacks this year - who knows. *NDSU men probably will win both. * However, GoBisonGo - your argument about scheduling belongs in the garbage - totally without merit and makes you look stupid. *SDSU's schedule is much tougher than NDSU's. *Really cannot be an argument on this. *What can be argued is who has the better team this year - the teams play twice - maybe NDSU is the better team.

Good point, next year both schools will be playing predominantly D-I schedules (I believe we are only allowed 3 non-D-I games). *The only people who would cling to this notion that there really is no difference between D-II and D-I, with such emotional fervor, is someone who's school will still be playing predominantly D-II teams next year. *It is a defense mechanism to protect ones self from feelings of inadequacy. *Say a UNO fan claiming to be a NDSU supporter. *Huh Big Jake? *::)

Go State! *;D

GoBisonGo
01-05-2005, 04:28 PM
NDSU women might sweep the Jacks this year - who knows. *NDSU men probably will win both. * However, GoBisonGo - your argument about scheduling belongs in the garbage - totally without merit and makes you look stupid. *SDSU's schedule is much tougher than NDSU's. *Really cannot be an argument on this. *What can be argued is who has the better team this year - the teams play twice - maybe NDSU is the better team.

Overall I think your schedule is tougher, because you have lost to some very good teams. You have also beaten some good teams, but so have we. The top DII teams on our schedule are as good as the DI teams you have beaten. It makes you look stupid to act like all the D-I teams you have beaten are better than all the DII teams we have played just because they are D-I. As I've said before by your logic the lady Jacks would not have beaten any of those D-I teams if they played last year, being that SDSU was DII. I will say that I'm not sure whose team is better this year and I will also admit that overall your schedule is tougher, because the top D-I teams are obviously better than the top DII teams. However, the top DII teams are tougher than the bottom of D-I teams. We've played some of the top DII teams so don't act like we have played an easy schedule just because we don't have a lot of D-I teams on it. There are a lot of D-I teams that we could replace our DII teams with and our schedule would be easier than it is now.

jackrabbit1979
01-05-2005, 04:40 PM
Remind me, where did the Jacks finish in the conference for football. If I remember right you guys tied for last. It looks like everyone who picked you to finish last was right. *I'm glad you were able to salvage your season with a win over us, we won't be over looking you the next time. It's tough to get up for SDSU and we are your guys' super bowl. *It was kind of like the Dolphins beating the Patriots this year, just one lucky game. It certainly doesn't mean you were better.

Reread this post and remind me about pompous attitude. I assume you are a bison football player because you know what teams "are tough to get up for", and which ones the bison really try against when they play. That just shows how much you know about college athletics when you say a team would not be hyped up for the atmosphere the bison played in this year at Coughlin.

jack100
01-05-2005, 04:45 PM
Overall I think your schedule is tougher, because you have lost to some very good teams.

Well at least you finally admitted the obvious - that is a start.

It makes you look stupid to act like all the D-I teams you have beaten are better than all the DII teams we have played just because they are D-I.

Never said by me or anyone so far on this thread. For sure SDSU played 2 weak DI's - Texas State and Northern Illinois - everyone other team was respectable no matter what you think.

I will say that I'm not sure whose team is better this year and I will also admit that overall your schedule is tougher, because the top D-I teams are obviously better than the top DII teams.

You're making progress - you admitted the obvious again.

There are a lot of D-I teams that we could replace our DII teams with and our schedule would be easier than it is now.

Then why doesn't NDSU have more DI teams on their schedule? Probably a good question for Coach Ruley.

89rabbit
01-05-2005, 04:47 PM
Remind me, where did the Jacks finish in the conference for football. If I remember right you guys tied for last. It looks like everyone who picked you to finish last was right. *I'm glad you were able to salvage your season with a win over us, we won't be over looking you the next time. It's tough to get up for SDSU and we are your guys' super bowl. *It was kind of like the Dolphins beating the Patriots this year, just one lucky game. It certainly doesn't mean you were better.

More evidence that GoBisonGo is Big Jake. *A NDSU fan would never make this argument because the Bison too finished "tied for last" in the GWFC. *A real Bison fan would talk about being ranked in the final Top 25 poll, congratulations again on that very cool first year in, so give us a break Big Jake. *::)

I'm warning you, Tony really hates when people come on the board and pretend to be that, which they are not.

jack100
01-05-2005, 04:50 PM
Remind me, where did the Jacks finish in the conference for football. If I remember right you guys tied for last. It looks like everyone who picked you to finish last was right. I'm glad you were able to salvage your season with a win over us, we won't be over looking you the next time. It's tough to get up for SDSU and we are your guys' super bowl. It was kind of like the Dolphins beating the Patriots this year, just one lucky game. It certainly doesn't mean you were better.

And you called SDSU fans pompous.......

GoBisonGo
01-05-2005, 05:27 PM
More evidence that GoBisonGo is Big Jake. *A NDSU fan would never make this argument because the Bison too finished "tied for last" *in the GWFC. *A real Bison fan would talk about being ranked in the final Top 25 poll, congratulations again on that very cool first year in, so give us a break Big Jake. *::)

If I was talking about the Bison I would have talked about finishing in the top 25, but I was talking about State.
What the heck are you talking about when you say congratulations on the cool first year in?
You can forget your BigJake theory Rabbit, believe it or not he's not the only one who hates the Rabbits, I know you have a tough time accepting that.

89rabbit
01-05-2005, 05:37 PM
You can forget your BigJake theory Rabbit, believe it or not he's not the only one who hates the Rabbits, I know you have a tough time accepting that.

Ya know that is exactly what updm002, feminine_heroine, and big fan said too. ::)

89rabbit
01-05-2005, 05:42 PM
Hey Jake/GoBisonGo,

http://greatwestfootball.collegesports.com/standings/gwfc-standings.html

Great West Standings:

Cal Poly 4-1
UC Davis 3-2
SDSU 2-3
NDSU 2-3
SUU 2-3
UNC 2-3

Tied for third, tied for last. I guess it depends on what school you went to. In your case UNO. ::)

GoBisonGo
01-05-2005, 05:45 PM
Well at least you finally admitted the obvious - *that is a start.

Never said by me or anyone so far on this thread. *For sure SDSU played 2 weak DI's - Texas State and Northern Illinois - everyone other team was respectable no matter what you think.

You're making progress - you admitted the obvious again. *

Then why doesn't NDSU have more DI teams on their schedule? *Probably a good question for Coach Ruley.

I'm glad to see that you think I'm making progress. I had never said that the top DII teams are better than the top D-I teams nor did I say our schedule was tougher, so I'm not sure what progress I made. From the beginning I have said that our schedule is tough and that the top DII teams that we play are tougher than a lot of DI teams out there, including some on your schedule. You have yet to admit that, and therefore no progress has been made by you.
I never wanted to knock State's schedule, I'm just here to stick up for our schedule. I think we both have tough schedules. You State fans are the only one's who are claiming anyone has an easy schedule.

89rabbit
01-05-2005, 05:45 PM
What the heck are you talking about when you say congratulations on the cool first year in?

I can see why you are confused, I know UNO is still playing D-II ball, but SDSU and NDSU just got done with their first seasons (first year into) I-AA. It is very impressive that the Bison finished in the Top 25 in their first season in I-AA. Does that clear things up?

GoBisonGo
01-05-2005, 05:48 PM
Hey Jake/GoBisonGo, *

http://greatwestfootball.collegesports.com/standings/gwfc-standings.html

Great West Standings:

Cal Poly 4-1
UC Davis 3-2
SDSU 2-3
NDSU 2-3
SUU 2-3
UNC 2-3

Tied for third, tied for last. *I guess it depends on what school you went to. *In your case UNO. * ::) * * * * * *

I guess it depends what way you are trying to spin things. I just tell things how they are. I'm a big Viking fan but you won't hear me bragging about them being a playoff team this year. I will tell you straight out that they backed in and only got in because the NFC is down. I don't try to spin things in my favor like you do Rabbit. I'm a straight shooter. Some where Bigjake is probably laughing his a$$ off at you for your paranoid accusations.

89rabbit
01-05-2005, 05:49 PM
From the beginning I have said that our schedule is tough and that the top DII teams that we play are tougher than a lot of DI teams out there, including some on your schedule.

Spoken like a true D-II Mavrick. ::) Jake, it is ok to be D-II. Remember:

"Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent."
Eleanor Roosevelt 1884-1962, American First

GoBisonGo
01-05-2005, 05:54 PM
I can see why you are confused, I know UNO is still playing D-II ball, but SDSU and NDSU just got done with their first seasons (first year into) I-AA. *It is very impressive that the Bison finished in the Top 25 in their first season in I-AA. *Does that clear things up?

Then congratulate us for finishing in the top 25 in our first year in I-AA. If thats what you were trying to say then you worded it very poorly. I don't mean to come down on grammar because this is a message board and we are not expected to use perfect grammar, but I didn't know what the hell you were saying with that line I quoted. Now I see. Why do you mention UNO like I give a $hit about them? ??? Unless they are on our schedule then I could care less about UNO.

89rabbit
01-05-2005, 06:04 PM
Have a great day Big Jake, updm002, feminine_heroine, big fan, and GoBisonGo. ::)

GoBisonGo
01-05-2005, 06:22 PM
Spoken like a true D-II Mavrick. *::) *Jake, it is ok to be D-II. *Remember:

"Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent." *
Eleanor Roosevelt 1884-1962, American First

Let me see if I'm understanding you correctly Rabbit. What you are saying is that only someone who is a fan of a DII school can think that the top DII teams are better than the bottom D-I teams. So if I was to think that UND would beat Texas St. then I would really be from a DII school. I may hate the Sioux more than anyone but I'm not ignorant enough to think that they could not compete with any D-I school out there. You have yet to realize that Rabbit. You think anyone who believes that a DII school could beat a D-I school must be a DII supporter. You must think that Texas St. would have won the NCC last year. Silly Rabbit.

89rabbit
01-05-2005, 07:04 PM
Let me see if I'm understanding you correctly Rabbit. What you are saying is that only someone who is a fan of a DII school can think that the top DII teams are better than the bottom D-I teams. *So if I was to think that UND would beat Texas St. then I would really be from a DII school. *I may hate the Sioux more than anyone but I'm not ignorant enough to think that they could not compete with any D-I school out there. You have yet to realize that Rabbit. You think anyone who believes that a DII school could beat a D-I school must be a DII supporter. You must think that Texas St. would have won the NCC last year. Silly Rabbit.

No, I just think you are Big Jake that is all. ;D

Bisonguy
01-05-2005, 09:22 PM
I think both NDSU and SDSU basketball schedules are crap this year. SDSU's is a little better looking crap, but still crap.

Next year both schools will have real DI schedules.

MRBISON
01-05-2005, 09:40 PM
I agree with Bisonguy

It looks like NDSU took a step backward this year in terms of competition.

Tough to get excited about playing Crookston ::)

JBNJBQ
01-05-2005, 11:47 PM
Boy we start out talking about women's basketball and wind up most of the thread talking about men's football.

::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Some athletes play NAIA because that is the level of play they feel they can compete at.

Some athletes play DII for the same reason.

Some athletes play at the DI level for the same reason.

There are a few exceptions at every level but for the most part everyone finds their level of comfort.

Amy Ruley has done the same thing. She knows where her currents teams level of play fits and she scheduled accordingly.

A.J. did the same thing.

A team can't really call itself a DI school until it plays more DI schools than DII or NAIA. It's a rule. That's why you won't find NDSU on any of the DI polls.

Bisonguy
01-05-2005, 11:59 PM
Yeah, and some DI-AA schools schedule DIII schools for football. ::) :o

What's the big flippin' deal that NDSU's women's BB schedule is a little weaker this year? They'll both be on the same level next year.

Geez, Bison fans weren't on the Jackrabbit board ripping on the fact that your women's volleyball or soccer schedules had more non-DI opponents than NDSU's this year.
::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

kchats
01-06-2005, 04:39 AM
Tony can you move all of this to Smack Talk. All it is is a big pissing match that doesn't amount to anything. Move it please. >:(

JBB
01-08-2005, 09:59 PM
BISON Women hand it to Wisconsin Stout this afternoon 87-50

GoBisonGo
01-23-2005, 03:02 AM
We'll settle this argument on the court. *I like my team, you like yours. *Advice, try not to make your jealousy regarding the Jack's success so obvious. *Its not flattering.

Well we settled it on the court didn't we JackMD. I tried to tell you that our schedule was a lot tougher than you thought. I don't know about you guys but I didn't think that State was tougher than some of the DII teams we have played. We heard those Rabbits brag about how tough their women were all year long and give us crap about our schedule, it looks like our schedule prepared us just fine. I was impressed that the Jacks were able to keep to 10.

jackmd
01-23-2005, 06:10 AM
Well we settled it on the court didn't we JackMD. I tried to tell you that our schedule was a lot tougher than you thought. *I don't know about you guys but I didn't think that State was tougher than some of the DII teams we have played. *We heard those Rabbits brag about how tough their women were all year long and give us crap about our schedule, it looks like our schedule prepared us just fine. *I was impressed that the Jacks were able to keep to 10.

More specifically, you settled it on the boards. Gutty performance deserving of respect. The Bison are talented and they earned this win. I don't think either team played their best tonight. Take it easy with the undefeated thing. I still think we can bag about the Jacks.

petey23
01-23-2005, 08:14 AM
SDSU now 7-6 against D! teams this season. *NDSU 2-0. *women's BB does not have the depth at D1 that men's BB does(Obvious). *If the NCAA women's tourney took the top 64, there would probably be 10-15 D2 teams, 2 or 3 D3 teams and 2 or 3 NAIA teams. *It is no secret that NDSU, SDSU, and UND would all have been top 40(maybe top 30 a couple times) the last 8 or 9 years and the last few years USD and Augie would have also been in the mix. *I think SDSU and NDSU will both be tourney teams the first year they are eligible. *Women's BB and 1aa football will be the glamour sports for NDSU in their D1 move.

NoDakSt
01-23-2005, 05:25 PM
The criteria for the 64 is similar to the men's...conference champs get an automatic bid. As the case may be, you don't get the best 64 teams in the tourney. I agree that a number of Division II teams could qualify for the tournament.

This year everyone is claiming that parity has finally hit the women's game as both UCONN and Tennessee, who have battled for the past few championships, have 4 losses early on. I still think these two teams will be there late in March.

petey23
01-24-2005, 05:15 AM
True, but I would go a step further and say that several D2 Teams in Women's BB have been in the past(quite a few) and now(maybe only a couple) are beter than some of the teams that get at-large bids.

Bison_Dan
01-24-2005, 01:29 PM
True, but I would go a step further and say that several D2 Teams in Women's BB have been in the past(quite a few) and now(maybe only a couple) are beter than some of the teams that get at-large bids.

Well cool that's something und will never know for sure! ;D

78Jackrabbit
01-25-2005, 01:41 AM
I was at the game Saturday night. NDSU fans have a lot to be proud of. They are a much more physical group than last year. From start to finish, NDSU played with confidence and never seemed to get rattled.

I just hope both SDSU and NDSU can continue to attract quality players and get big crowds to watch them play. It was a fun atmosphere, win or lose.

Hats off to NDSU.

roadwarrior
01-25-2005, 02:11 AM
Again, the depth of the team this year is very valuable. Losing 4 players to fouls, and maintaining the lead in front of the Frost Arena crowd is an accomplishment!

filbert
01-25-2005, 02:13 AM
While I don't think NDSU will run the table this year, 18-0 is a pretty darn good start . . .

See you guys in the WNIT next year, what do you think?

Bisonguy
01-25-2005, 02:20 AM
While I don't think NDSU will run the table this year, 18-0 is a pretty darn good start . . .

See you guys in the WNIT next year, what do you think?

As long as they can make it. Last I heard, the NDSU BB coaches were petitioning the NIT to allow NDSU to be eligible during the third season of the DI reclassification, like volleyball and wrestling with the NCAA. I think the NIT requires teams to be postseason eligible by the NCAA as part of their qualifications.

roadwarrior
01-25-2005, 02:20 AM
The WNIT would be awesome, and since the game locations are largely based on potential attendance, it would not be far fetched to see either the Jacks or the Bison get a home game.

roadwarrior
01-25-2005, 02:21 AM
I thought a Jacks fan stated here somewhere earlier that they (and us) would be eligible for the NIT next season???

Bisonguy
01-25-2005, 02:33 AM
I thought a Jacks fan stated here somewhere earlier that they (and us) would be eligible for the NIT next season???

Yeah, supposedly their coach said something along those lines.

However, WDAY sports had a quick story a month or two ago that NDSU was petitioning the NIT for eligibility after only two years of being DI and not being eligible instead of four,just like wrestling and volleyball.

I thought BisonMav or someone else found the NIT eligibility criteria, and it stated that a school must be eligible for NCAA postseason play in order to participate in the NIT. ???

Bisonguy
01-25-2005, 02:43 AM
I just emailed the NIT. We'll see if we can get the answer. ???

BisonMav
01-25-2005, 02:45 AM
I thought BisonMav or someone else found the NIT eligibility criteria, and it stated that a school must be eligible for NCAA postseason play in order to participate in the NIT. *???

Must be Bison_Kent or the poster formerly known as "Somebison".

Bison_Kent
01-25-2005, 03:17 AM
I am not sure about the WNIT. I would guess that this season wouldn't be an eligible one with so few DI opponents though.

Bisonguy
01-25-2005, 03:20 AM
FWIW- UNLV was not eligible for the NIT tourney when they were under NCAA probation.

JACKGUYII
01-25-2005, 03:46 PM
Neither the Jacks or Bison are eligible for the NIT this year based on not playing enough DI games to count. Both will be eligible next year. Ironically playing an independent schedule allows you to schedule tougher competition and achieve a higher RPI rating than if we were playing a conference schedule such as in the Big Sky.

Bisonguy
01-25-2005, 10:19 PM
Neither the Jacks or Bison are eligible for the NIT this year based on not playing enough DI games to count. Both will be eligible next year. Ironically playing an independent schedule allows you to schedule tougher competition *and achieve a higher RPI rating than if we were playing a conference schedule such as in the Big Sky. *

Do you have any confirmation on that NDSU/SDSU would be eligible for sure next year?

I just can't see why they would petition the NCAA so they could be eligible for the NIT, if they would be eligible next year. ???

JACKGUYII
01-25-2005, 10:57 PM
I heard it directly from the Jacks women's coaching staff.