PDA

View Full Version : Upcoming Opponent, TCU

tony
02-14-2005, 10:49 PM
Sandora Irving, who leads TCU in rebounding, scoring, and blocked shots, just set an NCAA record for career blocked shots - she already held the single game record.

That game on the 22nd should be a real good test for the women from NDSU.

Gamehunter
02-14-2005, 11:40 PM
all I have to say is NDSU better be bringing their A game. The performance at MSU wont cut it, and they are well aware of it. I'm sure Amy is already preparing them for that game.

greenandgold01
02-14-2005, 11:42 PM
MSU would be a good win for any Iaa team.

somebison
02-15-2005, 12:51 AM
MSU would be a good win for any Iaa team.

MSU-Billings (not Bozeman)

greenandgold01
02-15-2005, 12:58 AM
MSU-Billings (not Bozeman)

I assumed those in the know knew I was talking about Billings since they are on our schedule and Bozeman isn't.

tony
02-15-2005, 12:21 PM
Here's the source of the confusion... there are no DI-AA basketball teams and MSU-Billings is in DII.

MSU-Billings is a ranked D2 team but they have only played two teams ranked in their region (#4 Western Washington who they beat and #9 Central Washington who they lost to). Anyway, they play the #6 team in their region back-to-back. If they sweep, they have a good chance of running the rest of their schedule and making the playoffs.

greenandgold01
02-15-2005, 01:28 PM
You know what I mean by DIaa basketball. IE, DI teams that have DIaa football. ::)

tony
02-15-2005, 03:41 PM
OK, I see your point. I don't think anybody does a ranking of the basketball teams of DI-AA football schools anymore than they do a ranking of the hockey or wrestling teams of DI-AA football schools. One problem is that the schools currently in DI with DI-AA football programs are already fed up with being treated as separate from DI at large (so I'd kind of like to respect their wishes in this).

However, I do think it would be interesting to see a ranking of the BB teams of DI-AA football schools because it would be a good way to measure NDSU's progress against other teams who have made the jump from DII to DI-AA/DI (and DI-AA football is compromised primarily of former DII schools). All you'd have to do is find the DI rankings and pick out all the DI-AA schools.

Edited: looked like I had monkeys type my first post for me.

Rodentia
02-15-2005, 04:16 PM
I think you would have to create a list of teams that have moved from D-II to I-AA to make the comparison. I think that most of the I-AA teams have been there since before D-II even existed. (The Ivy League, for example)

tony
02-15-2005, 04:39 PM
Hehe, I have an advantage in that I have records of the division classififcations at my finger tips.

There are about 120 schools sponsoring DI-AA football. 81 of them were in DII at one time. These 81 schools form the backbone of DI-AA football because they include almost every school that more than a handful of schollies.

The other 40 or so schools compromise the low or non-scholarship portion of DI-AA (the Ivy League, some Pioneer teams, the MEAC, etc), along with the dozen or so schools who started up football programs within the last 20 years. Oh yeah, and there were a couple of A10 schools who always were DI even when DII was around.

There are twice as many charter members of DII in DI-AA now as there are left in DII.

greenandgold01
02-15-2005, 05:51 PM
I'm starting to think we're only going to have a scholarship division and a non scholarship division.

It's easy for the low scholarship schools to simply drop to none and if the higher schools can afford it why not go higher?