somebison
02-13-2005, 02:44 AM
bison take their first lead since 6-5, up 2 with 90 secs to go

somebison
02-13-2005, 02:45 AM
bison hit one as shot clock goes off, up 2 with 40 secs to go

somebison
02-13-2005, 02:53 AM
I didn't realize MSU-Billings was DII, they were ranked 8th in the last West Region poll

somebison
02-13-2005, 02:54 AM
NDSU wins 79-77

wow- that was fortunate

Men also beat Upper Iowa

Bisonguy
02-13-2005, 02:54 AM
Congrats to the women's BB team on staying in the game and managing to pull off the win after trailing for most of the game.

SDbison
02-13-2005, 04:25 AM
Good win for the Bison. I believe the home game against MSU-Billings was won by a big margin due to poor shooting by Billings and one of their star players was out with the flu or something. I was kind of worried about this away game due to the combination of NDSU's earlier big win, poor shooting by the opponent, a missing player and Billing's having a good team. Could have easily been an upset. The women have a couple big games coming up against SDSU and TCU and they will need to raise their level of play a couple notches.

TheBisonator
02-13-2005, 04:59 AM
Unbelieveable. 22-0.

The NDSU Bison women's basketball team has the BEST record in the nation in ALL of Division I.

We ROCK!!! ;D ;D ;D

Gamehunter
02-13-2005, 05:25 AM
I had almost given up hope after the first half when it was something like 39-19. That comeback was incredible!! Hats off to Amy and all of the players. Did anyone else think that "fake" timeout called by Billings when they never had a timeout was a poor call by the ref? That should have been a technical....Home court advantage at work. :-X

Well, there is now only 3 undefeated teams in all of college basketball (men or woman). One being division I Illinios Mens Bball, and another being an NAIA mens team I believe. Will be interesting to see if the bison can keep the streak going, these last games are going to be tough, much tougher than their comeback win against billings tonight. I wonder how the frogs(TCU) will do tomorrow against DePaul? On Friday TCU lost to Marquette 71-55, I'm thinking the Bison might have a good shot at taking this game....as long as they play better than they did tonight. And I wouldn't count the Jacks out quit yet, they most certainly will have something up their sleeves on the return trip to fargo. I bet attendance will be good for that one.

RABBIT
02-13-2005, 06:42 PM
Unbelieveable. 22-0.

The NDSU Bison women's basketball team has the BEST record in the nation in ALL of Division I.

We ROCK!!! ;D ;D ;D

You've played 2 D-I games up to now. Its more like "NDSU has the BEST record in the nation in ALL of NAIA.

silkamilkamonico
02-13-2005, 06:44 PM
MSU-Billings has an outstanding coach. I wish Amy would retire and NDSU goes out and gets that guy. This is his first year in college. Imagine what kind of team they will have in D-2 in a few years when he gets his own players.

BisonMav
02-13-2005, 06:45 PM
You've played 2 D-I games up to now. *Its more like "NDSU has the BEST record in the nation in ALL of NAIA.

2-0 vs DI teams, including the Bunnies at Brookings.

silkamilkamonico
02-13-2005, 06:46 PM
You've played 2 D-I games up to now. *Its more like "NDSU has the BEST record in the nation in ALL of NAIA.

I wouldn't say NAIA. SDSU has a good team in comparative with other D1 midmajor programs and NDSU handeled them at SDSU.

RABBIT
02-13-2005, 06:47 PM
2-0 vs DI teams, including the Bunnies at Brookings.

Congrats. I guess you're right, the Bison women are to D-I women's hoops what the Illinois men are to D-I mens hoops. The BISON women, THE BEST TEAM IN D-I

silkamilkamonico
02-13-2005, 06:48 PM
Congrats. *I guess you're right, the Bison women are to D-I women's hoops what the Illinois men are to D-I mens hoops. *The BISON women, THE BEST TEAM IN D-I

Yes. Way to misconstrue his point completely. You can only beat the teams you play. WHen you get out of your teenybopper years you'll understand that.

RABBIT
02-13-2005, 06:49 PM
I wouldn't say NAIA. *SDSU has a good team in comparative with other D1 midmajor programs and NDSU handeled them at SDSU. *

One win doesn't make a basketball season. Neither does 2. Adding a bunch of NAIA games onto 2 d-I wins doesn't mean you've had a good season, it means you've had an entire season to practice for 2 games.

silkamilkamonico
02-13-2005, 06:50 PM
One win doesn't make a basketball season. *Neither does 2. *Adding a bunch of NAIA games onto 2 d-I wins doesn't mean you've had a good season, it means you've had an entire season to practice for 2 games.

Any time you are at 22-0 you have had a good season. I don't care what league you play in.

RABBIT
02-13-2005, 07:02 PM
Any time you are at 22-0 you have had a good season. *I don't care what league you play in.

I agree, you've had a very good NAIA season this year.

Look, I'm not trying to be an a-hole, just call your season what it is. Don't say you're the only team in D-I to be undefeated. There are no teams in D-I that are undefeated, and your schedule is not D-I in any form. To say that it is is an insult to every other D-I team in the country, and to imply that the bison are better because they beat the hell out of an easy schedule is also an insult to those teams that are playing their as$es off against some of the toughest competition in the nation, and have dropped 1 or 2. You guys go undefeated next season, I'll be the first to congratulate you, but until then, try and hold back on comparisons to other D-I teams.

silkamilkamonico
02-13-2005, 07:15 PM
Alright I see what your saying. I'm not saying anything about D1, D2, or NAIA. I just don't think you can deny the fact that 22-0 is a very good season, by any standards. Fact is we haven't lost either 1 of our 2 D1 games, but I'm not touting them as a top program in D1. Or D2, or NAIA for that matter.

BisonFan
02-13-2005, 07:58 PM
Alright, its about time there is some arguing (semi-smack) between a Bison Fan and a Jack fan on this board. Now, if only this is what the smack board was like on this message board, rather than its current state of broken-record NSDU/UND trash (that's right, not smack....TRASH!)

Bisonguy
02-13-2005, 08:12 PM
Congrats. *I guess you're right, the Bison women are to D-I women's hoops what the Illinois men are to D-I mens hoops. *The BISON women, THE BEST TEAM IN D-I

This thread is now bookmarked so I remember to congratulate the SDSU football team on their DII season next year. *::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

kchats
02-13-2005, 08:32 PM
MSU-Billings has an outstanding coach. *I wish Amy would retire and NDSU goes out and gets that guy. *This is his first year in college. *Imagine what kind of team they will have in D-2 in a few years when he gets his own players. *

Are you crazy? I don't want Amy Ruley to retire to hire that guy. Amy is a hall of fame coach that is well respected by many of her coaching peers in both division I and division II. I hope she stays at NDSU for her entire career but now that she will already be coaching at the division I level it might make it easier to move on to a bigger school.

silkamilkamonico
02-13-2005, 09:11 PM
Are you crazy? *I don't want Amy Ruley to retire to hire that guy. *Amy is a hall of fame coach that is well respected by many of her coaching peers in both division I and division II. *I hope she stays at NDSU for her entire career but now that she will already be coaching at the division I level it might make it easier to move on to a bigger school.

Well, fact is Amy is a Hall of Fame coach and easily the best NDSU has ever had. Unfortunately, she ain't getting any younger, and all her past credentials haven't exactly translated into Championship seasons in the last I don't know how many years. Not even to bring up the fact that Roebuck and UND have had better success against NDSU overall, and vs., in the lst 5+ years.

And Amy isn't going anywhere. She has had multiple offers and oppurtunities from Minnesota and other colleges in the past that she has repeatedly said she isn't interested in leaving NDSU.

kchats
02-13-2005, 09:34 PM
The Bison women won the North Central Conference last year. They also beat UND twice during the regular season last year. They did lose to UND in the North Central Conference tournament and in the playoffs so they split with UND last year 2 wins and 2 losses. The Bison women also played in the national championship game in 2000. Amy Ruley has a lot of coaching left in her. She was the class of division II. Roebuck isn't anywhere near her as fas as coaching ability or respect. UND hasn't won a national championship lately either, they last played for one in 2001 when they lost as well. The last NCC team to win a national championship is SDSU, so following your logic we should try and hire SDSU's coach. I'll take Amy Ruley over their coach as well. :D

silkamilkamonico
02-13-2005, 09:48 PM
The Bison women won the North Central Conference last year. *They also beat UND twice during the regular season last year. *They did lose to UND in the North Central Conference tournament and in the playoffs so they split with UND last year 2 wins and 2 losses. *The Bison women also played in the national championship game in 2000. *Amy Ruley has a lot of coaching left in her. *She was the class of division II. *Roebuck isn't anywhere near her as fas as coaching ability or respect. *UND hasn't won a national championship lately either, they last played for one in 2001 when they lost as well. *The last NCC team to win a national championship is SDSU, so following your logic we should try and hire SDSU's coach. *I'll take Amy Ruley over their coach as well. :D

That's just it though. Great coaches win in the postseason. The fact that UND beat us last year twice in postseason more than negates our 2 wins during the season. Although that doesn't take anything away from the kind of season they had, great teams and coaches win when it matters. And yes Amy is a great coach.

And what exactly is my "logic" other any program can benefit from a young great coach who is winning with his system, and not his players. You don't need to look any farther than the NDSU football team to understand that.

kchats
02-13-2005, 10:15 PM
NDSU's football team is a completely different issue. Bob Babich was a good recruiter but not a good coach. He had great players and for one season they overcame his coaching and made it to the national semifinals in the playoffs. He didn't know how to exploit his superior players on other teams with less talent. The football team needed a change to get back to where they belong as one of the best in the nation. Coach Bohl has them on track to do just that.

The women's basketball team is in very good shape. Coaches coach players win games. NDSU has not had that one or two great players in recent years that would carry the team on its back when necessary. Correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to remember UND losing the following night in a game that mattered. NDSU appears to have players of better character and mindset this year. You seem to have forgotten that Amy Ruley had teams win 4 national championships in a row. You might say she can't win in a game that matters if she had never done so but she holds 5 national championships which is more than UND has. It is never a good idea to get rid of a winning and proven coach because her team didn't win the national championship recently. Be careful of what you wish for, NDSU wasn't a very good program prior to Amy taking over. ;)

silkamilkamonico
02-13-2005, 10:57 PM
The football team needed a change to get back to where they belong as one of the best in the nation. *Coach Bohl has them on track to do just that.

Looks like you just proved my point....;)

The women's basketball team is in very good shape. *Coaches coach players win games. *NDSU has not had that one or two great players in recent years that would carry the team on its back when necessary. *

Yeah it is in good shape, but that's not what I was getting at.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to remember UND losing the following night in a game that mattered. *NDSU appears to have players of better character and mindset this year. *

I'm not concerned with other programs, I'm concerned with NDSU's.....

You seem to have forgotten that Amy Ruley had teams win 4 national championships in a row. *

No I haven't.....but the fact is, nobody cares what happened 10 years ago, or even 5 years ago. It's what's going on right now that's important...it's just too bad NDSU won't have a chance to show just how good of a team they can be until 7 years down the road or whenever their probationary period is up.

You might say she can't win in a game that matters if she had never done so but she holds 5 national championships which is more than UND has. *It is never a good idea to get rid of a winning and proven coach because her team didn't win the national championship recently. *Be careful of what you wish for, NDSU wasn't a very good program prior to Amy taking over. ;)

I never said Amy can't win the important games, 'recent' history has shown that NDSU has not won or been very successful in the postseason with the exception of 2000, but that is moot.

I was making a statement that MSU-Billings had a very good young coach that almost beat NDSU twice this year, without players he recruited, with a system that he has implemented, and with players that aren't even on the talent level of SU. I wasn;t taking anything away from Amy or what she has done as a coach at NDSU.

BisonMav
02-14-2005, 01:49 AM
I agree, you've had a very good NAIA season this year.

Look, I'm not trying to be an a-hole, just call your season what it is. *Don't say you're the only team in D-I to be undefeated. *There are no teams in D-I that are undefeated, and your schedule is not D-I in any form. *To say that it is is an insult to every other D-I team in the country, and to imply that the bison are better because they beat the hell out of an easy schedule is also an insult to those teams that are playing their as$es off against some of the toughest competition in the nation, and have dropped 1 or 2. *You guys go undefeated next season, I'll be the first to congratulate you, but until then, try and hold back on comparisons to other D-I teams.

Rabbit sounds like a Coyote fan to me.

No one said the Bison women were the best in DI, but as a DI team they have the best record. ::)

Gamehunter
02-14-2005, 07:15 PM
I was making a statement that MSU-Billings had a very good young coach that almost beat NDSU twice this year, without players he recruited, with a system that he has implemented, and with players that aren't even on the talent level of SU. I wasn;t taking anything away from Amy or what she has done as a coach at NDSU.

Yeh, I don't agree with any of that. Amy is a great coach and is proving that over and over. That game against billings last weekend was almost hopeless at halftime. Yet, the team and the coach pulled things together for a good victory. And to say billings almost beat us in Fargo is plain stupid. That game wasnt even close. I'm guessing you don't ever go to them?

What does that prove? ...that our worst game is still better than our competitions best. Even great teams eventually have bad games...its human nature. Albiet, I don't think we have had a bad game against DI competition yet hence our 2-0 record, and if we did, I highly doubt we would win. I for one certainly don't expect a perfect season next year, but this season has still been great.

silkamilkamonico
02-16-2005, 06:03 AM
Yeh, I don't agree with any of that. *Amy is a great coach and is proving that over and over. *That game against billings last weekend was almost hopeless at halftime. *Yet, the team and the coach pulled things together for a good victory. And to say billings almost beat us in Fargo is plain stupid. *That game wasnt even close. *I'm guessing you don't ever go to them?

What does that prove? ...that our worst game is still better than our competitions best. *Even great teams eventually have bad games...its human nature. *Albiet, I don't think we have had a bad game against DI competition yet hence our 2-0 record, and if we did, I highly doubt we would win. *I for one certainly don't expect a perfect season next year, but this season has still been great.

I wasn't at the game, I was going by what Ruley said..... ::)....don't assume something next time....

...it was only a 10 point lead at half and Billings even cut into that in the second, not to mention their best player and leading scorer didn't even play and was out with the flu.

As far as Billings goes, how do you know that was our worst game played? How do you know that was their best game played? woops.......there goes that argument

Gamehunter
02-17-2005, 05:47 AM
Looks like you just proved my point....;)

Yeah it is in good shape, but that's not what I was getting at.

I'm not concerned with other programs, I'm concerned with NDSU's.....

No I haven't.....but the fact is, nobody cares what happened 10 years ago, or even 5 years ago. It's what's going on right now that's important...it's just too bad NDSU won't have a chance to show just how good of a team they can be until 7 years down the road or whenever their probationary period is up.

I never said Amy can't win the important games, 'recent' history has shown that NDSU has not won or been very successful in the postseason with the exception of 2000, but that is moot.

You sure are alot of talk for not knowing your facts. 7 years? LOL

I wasn't at the game, I was going by what Ruley said..... Roll Eyes....don't assume something next time....

??? What can I say, guess my so called "assumption" was right.

As far as Billings goes, how do you know that was our worst game played?

Nobody ever said that was NDSU's worst game....next time, dont assume.

How do you know that was their best game played?

No team ever has their best game, their is always room for improvement.

woops.......there goes that argument

I must have missed that one. :-/

GoBisonGo
02-17-2005, 05:06 PM
One win doesn't make a basketball season. *Neither does 2. *Adding a bunch of NAIA games onto 2 d-I wins doesn't mean you've had a good season, it means you've had an entire season to practice for 2 games.

Actually the butt kicking we gave you guys in Brookings was just practice for some of the tougher DII teams on our schedule, such as Billings. A lot of the DII teams on our schedule are better than several of the DI teams you have played, and to go 22-0 is quite impressive. You Rabbit fans talked about how easy our schedule was and how it wasn't going to prepare us for playing teams like SDSU, then we shut you up by beating your a$$ in Brookings, and now you are back on here talking smack about our schedule again. I would have thought you learned your lesson.

RABBIT
02-17-2005, 05:16 PM
Actually the butt kicking we gave you guys in Brookings was just practice for some of the tougher DII teams on our schedule, such as Billings. A lot of the DII teams on our schedule are better than several of the DI teams you have played, and to go 22-0 is quite impressive. You Rabbit fans talked about how easy our schedule was and how it wasn't going to prepare us for playing teams like SDSU, then we shut you up by beating your a$$ in Brookings, and now you are back on here talking smack about our schedule again. I would have thought you learned your lesson.

Could it be that you had pretty much the whole season, plus pretty much a 10 day break before you played us to get prepared for the game. *I mean I know it must be tough to get ready for the Jacks when the 10 days before that you played dakota weslyen and valley city state, that let your starters rest pretty much the whole time. *

The only thing SDSU had to do was come off a road trip from wisconsin playing wisoncsin milwaukee and wisconsin greenbay, and then have 4 days to prepare for you. *Not to mention the road trip they took a week and a half before to play alabama, purdue, middle tennesse state and ok. state. *

But I know, playing NAIA schools and having 10 days to prepare for one of the 3 games that actually matters this season for you is the same as what we did. *Also, it doesn't really matter that one of our starters was out that game. *

Keep telling yourself Billings is a tough team. I'm sure that USC, Purdue, Wisconsin Green bay, alabama, kentucky, Oregon, etc. don't even compare to the mighty women from Billings LOL.

IowaBison
02-17-2005, 05:30 PM
boohoo, rabbit. :-[

you're right, even though we won, we really didn't win,

thanks for pointing that out.

RABBIT
02-17-2005, 05:33 PM
I know, I'm just wining 10 days isn't any advantage. Thats alright though, SDSU has all of these things working in our favor on the return trip, lets see what happens then ;).

Gamehunter
02-17-2005, 05:40 PM
I think they are expecting a big crowd at the BSA, an email was sent out to the listserve saying students have to pick up tickets the week of the Bison-Jacks game in order to get in.

I'm not going to even begin to claim victory either way, because if either team has a bad game the other is most certainly going to capitolize.

silkamilkamonico
02-17-2005, 05:54 PM
You sure are alot of talk for not knowing your facts. *7 years? *LOL

oops...I messed up. Good thing I have the probation police to catch me up on that. ::)

??? *What can I say, guess my so called "assumption" was right. *

yeah, you assumed right, I guess I never go to games.....

Nobody ever said that was NDSU's worst game....next time, dont assume.
No team ever has their best game, their is always room for improvement.

actually, you did......

What does that prove? ...that our worst game is still better than our competitions best.

surely you weren't talking about another game, considering the only one we have been discussing is the Billings game......looks like I assumed right....

GoBisonGo
02-17-2005, 06:45 PM
Could it be that you had pretty much the whole season, plus pretty much a 10 day break before you played us to get prepared for the game. *I mean I know it must be tough to get ready for the Jacks when the 10 days before that you played dakota weslyen and valley city state, that let your starters rest pretty much the whole time. *

The only thing SDSU had to do was come off a road trip from wisconsin playing wisoncsin milwaukee and wisconsin greenbay, and then have 4 days to prepare for you. *Not to mention the road trip they took a week and a half before to play alabama, purdue, middle tennesse state and ok. state. *

But I know, playing NAIA schools and having 10 days to prepare for one of the 3 games that actually matters this season for you is the same as what we did. *Also, it doesn't really matter that one of our starters was out that game. *

Keep telling yourself Billings is a tough team. *I'm sure that USC, Purdue, Wisconsin Green bay, alabama, kentucky, Oregon, etc. don't even compare to the mighty women from Billings LOL.

Before we played Rabbit fans talked about how their schedule had made them battle tested and our's has not, and thats why they were going to beat us. After we win the Rabbit fans say that our schedule allowed us to rest and prepare and theirs did not and thats why we won. ::) Make up your mind. And no Billings might not be better than USC, Purdue, and Wisc. GB but you lost to all those teams. Billings is better than Texas St., and N.Illinois and probably even OSU. Heck, they might be better than SDSU, they certainly gave us a tougher game.