PDA

View Full Version : SDSU Women Rated 53 in National Poll

JBNJBQ
02-16-2005, 02:28 AM
I couldn't find NDSU women listed anywhere?

http://www.dolphinsim.com/ratings/ncaa_wbb/

SDSU #1 rated in Independent League.

somebison
02-16-2005, 02:34 AM
That isn't a poll

maverick
02-16-2005, 04:55 AM
Who won the head to head matchup between the two schools at Frost. Oh.... thats what I thought.

Mavs #1

RABBIT
02-16-2005, 05:23 AM
Nothing like running smack where your only assumption stated is wrong, and the first poster on the site knows it.... WAY TO MAKE SDSU LOOK GOOD JBNJBQ.

Seriously, stop posting crap like this.

silkamilkamonico
02-16-2005, 06:09 AM
That isn't a poll

I'm assuming it's some kind of RPI index indicator. If it is something along the lines of that NDSU wouldn't have enough D1 games to qualify for it. I think SDSU has had a stronger womens program than NDSU's the last couple years or so(maybe it was USD, I might be wrong), but I don't understand how we got so few D1 games this year, and they got a fair amount. I thought Amy was supposed to have all these great contacts in D1 to play, but we sure didn't get a very good schedule at all. Even if that Maryland tourney was played, we would only of had like 6 games against D1 teams all year.

mikelsch
02-16-2005, 04:04 PM
Insignificant for this year. Remember, NDSU is considered a DII school this year according to DI schools. Next year's (and the following) schedule will be impressive. That's when Ruley's reputation and contacts will be evident.

89rabbit
02-16-2005, 05:58 PM
I'm assuming it's some kind of RPI index indicator. If it is something along the lines of that NDSU wouldn't have enough D1 games to qualify for it. *I think SDSU has had a stronger womens program than NDSU's the last couple years or so(maybe it was USD, I might be wrong), but I don't understand how we got so few D1 games this year, and they got a fair amount. *I thought Amy was supposed to have all these great contacts in D1 to play, but we sure didn't get a very good schedule at all. *Even if that Maryland tourney was played, we would only of had like 6 games against D1 teams all year.

These ratings are the equivalent of the Sagarin Ratings for Men's D-I Basketball that appear in USA Today. *While USD had been strong the last few years (helped along by a couple of SDSU defectors), SDSU is the program you are thinking of. *Three straight Elite 8 appearances and a National Championship in '03.

NDSU and SDSU have great women's programs and both will do well in D-I. *That is what made the first game at Frost fun and will make the rematch in Fargo great as well.

Go State! *;D

somebison
02-16-2005, 06:07 PM
Women's Sagarin Ratings (http://www.rpiratings.com/womrate.htm)

-no teams from the Dakotas

GoBisonGo
02-17-2005, 05:13 PM
Women's Sagarin Ratings (http://www.rpiratings.com/womrate.htm)

-no teams from the Dakotas
Wouldn't the women's sargarin rankings be the equivalent of the men's sargarin rankings? How come 89rabbit says those one rankings that noone has ever heard of are the equivalent of the men's sargarin rankings?
Did you say that the Dakota's are no where to be found in the women sargain rankings?

89rabbit
02-18-2005, 02:56 AM
There both rating systems, so yes Dolphin is an equivalent of the Sagarin Ratings. ::)

e·quiv·a·lent ( P ) Pronunciation Key (-kwv-lnt)
adj.

Equal, as in value, force, or meaning.
Having similar or identical effects.
Being essentially equal, all things considered

realisttoo
02-18-2005, 03:00 AM
If SDSU and NDSU count as DII's when they play DI's and count at DI's when they play DII's, what do they count as when they play each other?

GoBisonGo
02-18-2005, 03:11 AM
There both rating systems, so yes Dolphin is an equivalent of the Sagarin Ratings. *::)

e·quiv·a·lent * *( P ) *Pronunciation Key *(-kwv-lnt)
adj.

Thanks for the dictionary definition. I think we would all agree when it comes to the ratings the closest thing to the men's sargarin ratings would be the women's sargarin ratings. All things considered that would be most equal.

89rabbit
02-18-2005, 03:36 AM
Your welcome. *Maybe you should read it and comprehend it. *While you are at it maybe you should re-read my original post. *I said Dolphin was an equivalent. *I never said it was the "closest thing" to the Men's Sagarin rankings. *::)

GoBisonGo
02-18-2005, 05:03 AM
Your welcome. *Maybe you should read it and comprehend it. *While you are at it maybe you should re-read my original post. *I said Dolphin was an equivalent. *I never said it was the "closest thing" to the Men's Sagarin rankings. *::)

Well if equivalent means being essentially equal then I would expect it to be the closest thing. In any case check out these ratings that I found, they are the equivalent of the sagarin ratings:

1. LOUISIANA STATE
2. STANFORD
3. DUKE
4. OHIO STATE
5. NDSU
6. BAYLOR
7. TENNESSEE
8. MICHIGAN STATE
9. NOTRE DAME
10. RUTGERS
11. NORTH CAROLINA
12. TEXAS
13. TEXAS TECH
14. IOWA STATE
15. MINNESOTA

Look at that, we are ranked 5th in these ratings.
They can be found at:
89rabbitisfullof$hit.com ;)

JBNJBQ
02-18-2005, 12:21 PM
Gee I didn't mean for this to turn into a smack thread!

I was just posting the only official poll/rating I could find on the internet. I did not make any comments that were untrue to my knowledge.

SDSU women ARE rated # 1 for the Independents in the poll/rating.

They are rated 53 in the nation.

Just the facts Jack! Everything else is just smack.

Live with it!

89rabbit
02-18-2005, 02:06 PM
Big Jake/GoBisonGo,

Which part are you having trouble with reading or understanding. I know UNO is a second rate commuter school but come on this one isn't that hard. ::)

Go State! ;D

89rabbit
02-18-2005, 02:07 PM
These ratings are the equivalent of the Sagarin Ratings for Men's D-I Basketball that appear in USA Today. *While USD had been strong the last few years (helped along by a couple of SDSU defectors), SDSU is the program you are thinking of. *Three straight Elite 8 appearances and a National Championship in '03.

NDSU and SDSU have great women's programs and both will do well in D-I. *That is what made the first game at Frost fun and will make the rematch in Fargo great as well.

Go State! *;D

89rabbit
02-18-2005, 02:08 PM
There both rating systems, so yes Dolphin is an equivalent of the Sagarin Ratings. *::)

adj.

89rabbit
02-18-2005, 02:09 PM
To aid our short bus Maverick friend I put all the post together. *Hope that helps. *Have a nice day.

Go State! *;D

GoBisonGo
02-18-2005, 03:13 PM
Big Jake/GoBisonGo,

Which part are you having trouble with reading or understanding. *I know UNO is a second rate commuter school but come on this one isn't that hard. *::)

Go State! *;D

I don't know what you think I'm having trouble understanding. You found a no name rating system posted on this thread and you are trying to pass it off as a legitimate rating system. Thats not confusing. I can see why you would post those ranking instead of the sagarin ratings, since you aren't in those at all. It's the same reason I posted the rating system that I found. It too, is the equivalent of the sagarin ratings.
By the way I hope you keep wasting your time smacking UNO, because I could care less about UNO. I don't know why you are having such a tough time understanding that.

89rabbit
02-18-2005, 03:50 PM
I don't know what you think I'm having trouble understanding. You found a no name rating system and you are trying to pass it off as a legitimate rating system. Thats not confusing. I can see why you would post those ranking instead of the sagarin ratings, since you aren't in those at all. It's the same reason I posted the rating system that I found. It too, is the equivalent of the sagarin ratings.
By the way I hope you keep wasting your time smacking UNO, because I could care less about UNO. I don't know why you are having such a tough time understanding that.

I will type slower so you can understand

Look bone head, *I didn't post the Dolphin ratings. *I have made no argument for or against the Dolphin ratings. *silkamilkamonico said that he assumed that Dolphin was like the RPI. *I stated that it was the equivalent to Sagarin (not the RPI). *That is it. *Then you jumped in, and have been a total a$$ ever since. *That brings us to right here and right now. *Do I need to spoon feed you some more?

Go back and re-read the whole thread. *::)

Go State! *;D

GoBisonGo
02-18-2005, 04:19 PM

Look bone head, *I didn't post the Dolphin ratings. *I have made no argument for or against the Dolphin ratings. *silkamilkamonico said that he assumed that Dolphin was like the RPI. *I stated that it was the equivalent to Sagarin. *That is it. *Then you jumped in, and have been a total a$$ ever since. *That brings us to right here and right now. *Do I need to spoon feed you some more?

Go State! *;D

I know exactly what happened, I don't need to reread a thing. I'm not saying you posted the Dolphin ratings, maybe you need to reread my posts, or maybe I should type slower. I said that you were trying to act like the no name Dolphin ratings were a legitimate rating system equivalent to the sagarin rating system. Are you denying that you said that? It seems to me that if anyone needs to reread what has been posted it would be you. If the sagarin rating system favors SDSU then thats what Rabbit fans post, if SDSU is no where to be found in the sagarin rating system then Rabbit fans find some rating system that they are included in and post that (and yes, I know it wasn't you that posted the Dolphin ratings).
My main point is the dolphin rating system is a no name system and there shouldn't be much stock put into it. I don't view it as an equivalent to the sagarin rating system, which I also wouldn't put much stock into, but I realize that there are people that do. I don't know why you have to call me a bone head for feeling that way, or why you think I'm so confused. The only thing that I'm confused about is why you have gotten so upset at this and have resorted to calling me names.

89rabbit
02-18-2005, 04:25 PM
I'm not saying you posted the Dolphin ratings, maybe you need to reread my posts, . . .

YES you did.

89rabbit
02-18-2005, 04:26 PM
You found a no name rating system and you are trying to pass it off as a legitimate rating system.

89rabbit
02-18-2005, 04:27 PM
I said that you were trying to act like the no name Dolphin ratings were a legitimate rating system equivalent to the sagarin rating system. Are you denying that you said that?

YES

89rabbit
02-18-2005, 04:28 PM

Look bone head, *I didn't post the Dolphin ratings. *I have made no argument for or against the Dolphin ratings. *silkamilkamonico said that he assumed that Dolphin was like the RPI. *I stated that it was the equivalent to Sagarin. *That is it. *Then you jumped in, and have been a total a$$ ever since. *That brings us to right here and right now. *Do I need to spoon feed you some more?

Go State! *;D

Re-read the thread or shut up. ::)

jackrabbit1979
02-18-2005, 04:33 PM
Like i said before, who the hell cares. Put the two ratings side by side without the headers and noone would be able to tell the difference besides one includes provisional d1's and the other doesnt. Nobody can deny the rabbit's probably would be rated in the 50-60 range based on this season's performance and the bison would be right there as well if they had played more D1 competition.
Don't get bent out of shape the we are in a poll and you are not. If you had played more d1 schools (not to say they are better than the d2's you played) you would be there as well. Don't discredit the poll because it doesn't include you, we all know that you should be there as well, you just didn't play the schedule to prove it to the rest of the country.

TheBisonator
02-18-2005, 04:35 PM
89rabbit, are you having a conversation with yourself?? 9 out of the past 11 posts in this thread have been made by you.

GoBisonGo
02-18-2005, 04:39 PM
These ratings are the equivalent of the Sagarin Ratings for Men's D-I Basketball that appear in USA Today. *

89 Rabbit, you just posted that you were denying the fact that you said these ratings are the equivalent to the sagarin ratings. How do you explain this quote? You reread the thread or shut up.

89rabbit
02-18-2005, 04:46 PM
It is clear that I am upsetting posters, who's opinions I value, with this thread so I will end with this. *It has also become clear to me that GoBisonGo does not have the mental capacity for this thread since he has brought us back full circle to the definition of equivalent. *I hope I am right that he is indeed Big Jake, because it would sadden me to think that NDSU would let someone like him graduate from their fine school. *

Go State! *;D

adj.

P.S. To real Bison fans, sorry that my efforts to educate have cluttered your board.

GoBisonGo
02-18-2005, 05:01 PM
It is clear that I am upsetting posters, who's opinions I value, with this thread so I will end with this. *It is also clear to me, GoBisonGo, that you do not have the mental capacity for this thread since you have brought us back full circle to the definition of equivalent. *I hope I am right that you are indeed Big Jake, because it would sadden me to think that NDSU would let someone like you graduate from their fine school. *

Go State! *;D

P.S. To real Bison fans, sorry that my efforts to educate have cluttered your board.

You call trying to act like the Dolphin rating system was equivalent to the Sagarin rating system, and then denying that you said that, an attempt at educating me. ::)
I'm sorry that I brought up your original posts and showed you that you were lying now, I was just trying to educate you on what you had been saying. I see my attempts were of no use. You give me crap for bringing this thread full circle when the majority of your posts were just re-posts of things that had been said earlier. Talk about bringing it full circle.

89rabbit
02-18-2005, 05:47 PM
Dolphin is the equivalent of Sagarin. It is not the equivalent of RPI. That was my whole point. It really isn't that hard to understand. I am done. Peace.

GoBisonGo
02-18-2005, 05:50 PM
Dolphin is the equivalent of Sagarin. *It is not the equivalent of RPI. *That was my whole point. *It really isn't that hard to understand. *I am done. *Peace.

I knew you wouldn't be able to help yourself 89. Are you really done this time? I've heard you say that before and then you come back and make another post on the topic.

Bisonguy
02-18-2005, 08:35 PM
89rabbit, are you having a conversation with yourself?? 9 out of the past 11 posts in this thread have been made by you.

89 is a post whore. Trust me, I know one when I see one. ;D ;D ;D

BisonMav
02-18-2005, 11:05 PM
89 is a post whore. Trust me, I know one when I see one. *;D ;D ;D

Post Ho ;)

JBNJBQ
02-19-2005, 04:40 PM
Just to bring this "full circle" here is my original post, just in case you missed it.

(Original Post):

(End of original Post)

Check out the web site, it has a lot of interesting statisics.

BisonFan
02-19-2005, 04:55 PM
Just to bring this "full circle" here is my original post, just in case you missed it.

(Original Post):

(End of original Post)

Check out the web site, it has a lot of interesting statisics.

I think all that matters to this point in the season can be found right here: http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11923&SPID=698&DB_OEM_ID=24 00&ATCLID=105941

After the 26th, and another defeat for the Jack women at the hands of the Bison, will you humble yourself a bit? Rankings (or whatever dolphinsim is!) don't mean $%&# if you don't back it up on the court.

Gamehunter
02-19-2005, 05:24 PM
Like i said before, who the hell cares. Put the two ratings side by side without the headers and noone would be able to tell the difference besides one includes provisional d1's and the other doesnt. Nobody can deny the rabbit's probably would be rated in the 50-60 range based on this season's performance and the bison would be right there as well if they had played more D1 competition.
Don't get bent out of shape the we are in a poll and you are not. If you had played more d1 schools (not to say they are better than the d2's you played) you would be there as well. Don't discredit the poll because it doesn't include you, we all know that you should be there as well, you just didn't play the schedule to prove it to the rest of the country.

That purdy much sums it up. We did have a weak schedule and our undeated record reflects it to some degree. I also think we would have done remarkably well this year with more D1 scheduled. I think we should all just shut up untill both programs are in the top 25.
8) Makes me depressed argueing over things so insignificant.

No, I think he is probably bored and resorts to smack on the BISON board because there is never anything going on at the Jack's board.
;)

89rabbit
02-19-2005, 06:51 PM
89 is a post whore. Trust me, I know one when I see one. *;D ;D ;D

Post whore/ho? Maybe, mostly I just have this need to be right. Ask my wife she will tell you all about it. ;)

Go State! ;D

Gamehunter
02-19-2005, 10:28 PM
hahaha ;)