PDA

View Full Version : North Central Women's Regional

DIBISON
03-12-2005, 06:31 AM
What a joke!

Without NDSU & SDSU the North Central regional is undII and a collection of teams to fill out the bracket!

Can you believe that the mighty Moorhead St. Dragons have moved up to the #2 team in the North Central Region. And they lost by 22 points to the #7 seed St. Cloud St.

undII hosted Ft. Hayes St., who must have just started a women's program. I heard it wasn't pretty!

There is no doubt that DII women's basketball and specifically the North Central Region was negatively affected by the move of NDSU & SDSU to DIVISION I.

Thank God we made the DI move to make room for the Moorhead St. Dragons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bison_Dan
03-12-2005, 03:28 PM
What a joke!

Without NDSU & SDSU the North Central regional is undII and a collection of teams to fill out the bracket!

Can you believe that the mighty Moorhead St. Dragons have moved up to the #2 team in the North Central Region. *And they lost by 22 points to the #7 seed St. Cloud St.

undII hosted Ft. Hayes St., who must have just started a women's program. *I heard it wasn't pretty!

There is no doubt that DII women's basketball and specifically the North Central Region was negatively affected by the move of NDSU & SDSU to DIVISION I.

Thank God we made the DI move to make room for the Moorhead St. Dragons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The ncc is a joke of conference now. Well said DiBison!

02Bison
03-12-2005, 06:44 PM
There is no need to be arrogant and brash about things or to put the NCC down. The truth of the matter is that there are still great athletes in DII, many who could be in DI if they had wanted to go to DI. BisonDan and DIBison, I think you need to get off your DI Superiority kick and find a better way to pass your time than to continually put down DII on the Bison board. It doesn't reflect well upon yourselves talking the way you do.

DIBISON
03-12-2005, 10:09 PM
Then the truth hurts. Stating the facts is not being arrogant and brash!

The results of the North Central Regional first round games demonstrated that the quality of the teams wasn't at the same level as last year with SDSU & NDSU. They would have been top seeds and a couple of teams in the current regional would not have been there.

I just stated an opinion on a regional tournament that NDSU was part of for many years. It had nothing to do with DI superiority rather it has to do with the "quality" of the North Central women's regional.

I see nothing wrong with stating my opinion that I believe that DII women's basketball was defintely hurt by the departure of NDSU & SDSU!!!!!

SDbison
03-12-2005, 10:34 PM
02Bison sounds a lot like like BisonFan. Always trying to be mister nice guy.

NoDakSt
03-13-2005, 05:01 AM
Concordia St-Paul knocked off the Sioux in the Semis. The will play the St. Cloud women who defeated Duluth.

sambini
03-13-2005, 05:20 AM
I THINK ITS TO BAD FOR GENE SEARS ROEBUCK. BUT THE SLEEPING GIANT IN WOMENS SPORTS IS CONCORDIA ST.PAUL. IN BASKETBALL AND VOLLEYBALL. GETTING ALOT OF THOSE CITIES GALS TO STAY HOME. GREAT WIN . THAT OUGHT TO BE A BIG CROWD FOR THE TITLE UP IN THE FORKS.

02Bison
03-13-2005, 02:50 PM
02Bison sounds a lot like like BisonFan. *Always trying to be mister nice guy. *

I'd rather sound like him, than someone who never grew up!

Your typical Dan post.....blah blah blah, Sioux suck ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Those stupid smiles get old Dan! But then again, its a sure sign of how mature you are...like the seventh grade boy in sex ed class that can't keep from smiling every time the teacher says certain words. Your mother must be so proud of you!

I seem to remember a post about bringing the level of smack to more good natured stuff after the Bison announced their move to DI. If I remember correctly, Tony was in complete support of this. However, individuals lke yourself Dan and SD Bison continue to spew the same old crap and its really old. It seeps over to other threads on this board besides the smck board.

Why don't you try talking about the Bison rather than the Sioux? Try offering some insight rather than the same old anti-Sioux nonsense that you insist on polluting this board with.

If you really want to discuss the Sioux, there's a board called SiouxSports.com you should go to!

This is the Bison board. Let's keep it that way!

JBB
03-13-2005, 03:38 PM
The thread isnt even about the BISON. *Its about DII womens BB, the North Central Womens Regional. *Tough not to mention some regional DII schools. *Forming an opinion about the quality of play isnt a sin either.

The thing Ive noticed is the difference between DI and DII on the field and on the court. *The dream that a lot of DII fans hold about being competitive in a higher division is really a dream about a possible upset not a dream of weekly success. *

If we were still DII I think NDSU would have been a major factor and the tournament would have been in Fargo. *I have no regrets and dont think we belong with those teams on a week to week basis. *

In light of some partisan boasting that has gone on elsewhere, I did chuckle when I saw the score. *They had 1,780 last night.

SDbison
03-13-2005, 04:13 PM
First of all this topic should not even be discussed on the Bison board......DII and the Sue.......who cares but them. I am sure most who post here were glad to see UND get a little of their own medicine. Too bad.
Second, 02Bison (BisonFan) who are you to judge my character or anyone elses......this is a message board not a morality contest. Calling people arrogant, brash and immature will get you nowhere. Read the thread, who made the first personal attacks....that be you!

Bison_Dan
03-13-2005, 07:05 PM
Yeah 02bison - 3 total posts and your a expert on message boards! The ncc is a much weaker conference now that SDSU, UNC and the Bison have left. That's the point. I have to wonder if we have a sue fan here?