PDA

View Full Version : Update on Bison Women recruits

NoDakSt
01-23-2005, 05:20 PM
During the early signing period, Amy garnered LOIs from two players:

5-7 Kelsey Hendrickson. Monroe HS Monroe, WI.
5-8 Danielle Ellison, St. Paul Central.

Hendrickson, as of last week, was averaging 13.5 points per game. The Cheesemakers are ranked 4th in Wisconsin's Division II. Hendrickson was also recruited by Division I South Florida (who took UCONN to overtime early this year), Wisconsin-Parkside, and she had received an invite to walk-on with the Badgers. She had one game where she scored 28 points and another where she was 6-9 from beyond the arc scoring 21 points for the game.

NoDakSt
01-23-2005, 05:41 PM
Danielle Ellison and the Minutemaids are 14-2. Ellison is second on her team in scoring (10ppg), 2nd in assists with 50 (against only 28 TOs), and 2nd in steals with 30.

roadwarrior
01-23-2005, 07:14 PM
The Cheesemakers and the Minutemaids? ;D

NoDakSt
01-23-2005, 09:05 PM
I can kinda see the "Cheesemakers" being a Wisconsin thing and all.....but the Minutemaids.... :-/

kchats
01-23-2005, 10:07 PM
Minutemaids - milking now do you see?

NoDakSt
03-10-2005, 06:52 PM
Kelsee Hendricksen and Monroe Cheesemakers advanced to one game from qualifying for state but were between in sectionals ending their season at 23-1.

Danielle Ellison the St. Paul Central Minute Maids company are still rolling.

St. Paul Central 58, Blaine 40

The Minutemaids put Blaine in a deep hole in the first half, outscoring the Bengals 17-0 in a 9-minute, 7-second stretch to take a 26-8 lead and never let them recover. Danielle Ellison, a 5-8 senior guard, and Ashley Ellis-Milan, a 6-2 senior center, each scored 16 points to pace Central (27-2). Sophomore guard Jackie Kelly led the Bengals (18-12) with 11 points.

• Key shot: Ellis-Milan, Central's top player had just gone to the bench with four fouls early in the fourth quarter and the Bengals had closed to within 41-33.

"We were kind of worried, but as long as we have a leader on the floor, we're OK," Ellison said. "I'm the leader when Ashley is out. I'm pretty talkative. I tell them to, 'Box out. Talk on defense. Keep your head.' "

Ellison did more than talk. She hit a huge three-pointer -- she made all three she took -- to restore the Minutemaids' margin to double digits at 44-33. That shot was the start of an 11-2 run that doomed Blaine.

"I've been working a lot lately in practice on my shooting, doing extra," Ellison said. "When they try to double and triple on Ashley, I have to make my threes."

BisonMav
03-11-2005, 02:34 AM
For those Bison Fans in the Twin Cities, the Minutemaids are on Channel 45 at 9:00pm tonight.

BisonMav
03-13-2005, 04:18 PM
Ellison made the Minnesota All-Tournament AAAA team.

silkamilkamonico
03-13-2005, 07:27 PM
I have no idea what kind of talent level those recruits are, but they are faily small for D1 athletes.....

NoDakSt
03-13-2005, 08:32 PM
I have no idea what kind of talent level those recruits are, but they are faily small for D1 athletes.....

Susan (king) Borchard, starting pg for #1 Stanford is 5-6.
Temeka Johnson, the AA pg for #2 LSU is 5-3.
Ivory Latta, AA pg for #4 UNC is 5-5.
Jamey Carey, AA pg for #11 Texas is 5-6.

kchats
03-13-2005, 08:33 PM
I'll bet they are athletic and very quick. That is what w will need on the team as we move forward in division I. Speed and athleticism.

Bisonguy
05-18-2005, 12:31 AM
From WDAY, it sounds like there's a transfer coming in this year- here's her bio from Louisville-

Jenna Lemnus (http://uoflsports.collegesports.com/sports/w-baskbl/mtt/lemnus_jenna00.html)

She would have to sit a year and would have two years of eligibility left.

NoDakSt
05-18-2005, 01:20 AM
Amy certainly has a way with bringing in Division I post players. First it was Fricke from Liberty, then Gibbs from Ohio State, and now Lemnus. Jenna didn't see a lot of playing time with the Cardinals but hopefully the year off will benefit her and she will be able to help the Bison during her final two years of eligibility.

NoDakSt
05-18-2005, 01:50 AM
Wonder if Amy is in the running for this transfer....this would be a wonderful get for the Bison Women.

http://slubillikens.collegesports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/050605aaa.html

Bison_Dan
05-18-2005, 01:26 PM
From WDAY, it sounds like there's a transfer coming in this year- here's her bio from Louisville-

Jenna Lemnus (http://uoflsports.collegesports.com/sports/w-baskbl/mtt/lemnus_jenna00.html)

She would have to sit a year and would have two years of eligibility left.

When she was in HS I didn't hear much about her. Did she play 2 years at Louisville or 1?

Bisonguy
05-18-2005, 06:27 PM
Looks like just one from her bio.

Bisonguy
05-18-2005, 06:46 PM
Looks like it's official- University of Louisville 6-3 Center Jenna Lemnus to Transfer to North Dakota State (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=120460)

teamsioux
05-19-2005, 12:22 AM
I seen her play a little in the 1st round of the NCAA's at Williams arena this spring. Didn't play much, but she had a couple really good posts ahead of her. *Seemed slow....maybe could work and get in better shape. *I remember also when she signed her LOI and thinking I had not heard much about her. Does anyone know if Amy or Roebuck recruited her hard in high school?

NoDakSt
05-19-2005, 04:10 AM
She was ranked #83 overall in her class. She may never have looked at D II schools.

The experience at Louisville will be helpful. Having to sit out a year to learn the Bison system will be helpful. It's kind of like Gibbs, who had a great year last year.

Would love to get Mia Johnson from St. Louis University.

Nodakstud
05-19-2005, 11:01 PM
Boy I hope that she has DRASTICALLY improved since high school. She was possibly one of the most overrated high school athletes in a long time. She was slow, and played in an extremely weak region. She's always been very hyped, and if she can live up to it, she will be able to contribute at NDSU. However, I will have my doubts until I see her play.

kchats
05-20-2005, 01:47 AM
They have a year to work on her strength and quickness with her. She has the height and she is from the area. She was also on a division I team prior to transferring to NDSU so she can't be as bad as you are making her out to be.

NoDakSt
05-20-2005, 02:37 AM
I would agree with Kchats in that Amy sees something in her. Regarding from sitting out a year, Amy is going to seek an appeal with the NCAA where perhaps Lemnus could play this Fall since NDSU is not eligible for post season play. That would give SU considerable depth in the paint.

DIBISON
06-28-2005, 03:44 AM
Not a recruit but . . . . .

WDAY TV6 reported tonight that Alica Hanson has left the women's basketball team. She has decided to give up basketball.

mikelsch
06-28-2005, 04:54 PM
New women's assistant coach added. Amanda Leonhard was a standout player at UW-Green Bay. Amy Ruley's comment "Amanda has a good knowledge of the game and strong teaching skills. Her familiarity with the region and particularly Wisconsin will help in our recruiting as well."

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=130998

NoDakSt
07-05-2005, 02:10 PM
Not too surprised about Hansen leaving. Small school girl from a small school league who didn't contribute in her first two years. I know Ruley would like to get Lemnus eligible immediately but I think she will have to sit per transfer rules. That makes the Bison pretty inexperienced at the post for this upcoming year.

BisonMav
07-05-2005, 02:44 PM
Not too surprised about Hansen leaving. *Small school girl from a small school league who didn't contribute in her first two years. *I know Ruley would like to get Lemnus eligible immediately but I think she will have to sit per transfer rules. * That makes the Bison pretty inexperienced at the post for this upcoming year. *

Curious what a small school has to do with athletic ability. A guy named Denver came from a small school too.

jackrabbit1979
07-05-2005, 03:15 PM
Curious what a small school has to do with athletic ability. *A guy named Denver came from a small school too.

yeah, a small school in south dakota none the less. >:( >:( >:( ;D

NoDakSt
07-06-2005, 02:26 AM
If I'm not mistaken, Hansen played in a league that didn't offer her opportunities to pit herself against some of the better players in the state. It's difficult to get a true perspective of the impact a player might have at the next level when they don't go up against top competition. This is one of the reasons as to why participation in AAU has grown explosively...it provides quality matchups against solid competition.

wfduck
07-11-2005, 11:47 AM
evidently playing against her stud brothers doesn't qualify?

NoDakSt
07-11-2005, 07:47 PM
Alison must be at least 15 years younger than Phil.